I have a Blackberry Playbook o/s version 2.1.0.1917.

ITS STATES..

ERROR
    The network is unavailable. Please try again later.

I have cleared the history, cache, cookies local storage.
    05-24-21 05:04 AM
    I am going to guess its because you have an ancient device with outdated security certificates. You might be able to replace them but even then its really time for a new safe device
    05-24-21 08:50 AM
    I have a Blackberry Playbook o/s version 2.1.0.1917.

ITS STATES..

ERROR
    The network is unavailable. Please try again later.

I have cleared the history, cache, cookies local storage.
    Yes, the browser is so old it just doesn't play well with content rich web sites anymore. And, before you ask, there is really no other browser to use that would be better. You may be able to update some of the certificates as howarmat has stated but really its a lost cause.
    05-24-21 09:04 AM
    Due to the crypto certificates and ciphers being so old and many internet sites using HTTPS that is what is really going on. You can still use Playbook for browsing if you setup a proxy server such as squid doing a permitted "man in the middle" and load your internal certificate to the playbook. The proxy server is the machine doing the heavy lifting across the internet and relaying data back to the playbook browser. Running things that way I can get wikipedia to render on playbook as an example site that otherwise will not work on playbook.
    dmlis, mochuelo, BlackGuy and 2 others like this.
    05-29-21 08:55 PM
    Due to the crypto certificates and ciphers being so old and many internet sites using HTTPS that is what is really going on. You can still use Playbook for browsing if you setup a proxy server such as squid doing a permitted "man in the middle" and load your internal certificate to the playbook. The proxy server is the machine doing the heavy lifting across the internet and relaying data back to the playbook browser. Running things that way I can get wikipedia to render on playbook as an example site that otherwise will not work on playbook.
    Hooray!
    05-29-21 09:48 PM
    Is there a description somwhere how to do that?
    01-19-22 11:04 PM
    Genius.
    08-08-23 02:12 AM
    I find I can still download previously bought songs from 7digital using the PlayBook browser.
    08-08-23 05:56 PM