I love my PlayBook, but yesterday it threw me a curve. Because of my work e-mail, when I save a PDF from a work e-mail, it saves it in a separate WORK documents folder within the Docs to Go shell. But if I then want to attach a file to a new e-mail, it will only pull up the regular (non-work) documents, and it will not let me see or select the ones in the WORK document area.

I navigated around in the various file manager programs but could not figure out at all where in the file structure those are being saved...does anyone know? Is there any way to change where PlayBook saves a file from e-mail or is that fixed?

Work rules required the password and secure work area because of our security protocols...it was the only way that my work e-mail account could be set up.

Grateful for a nudge in the right direction...thanks.
    10-11-13 03:46 PM
    I'd ask the IT guy about this, but let me see if I can get you some qualified help.
    10-12-13 03:56 PM
    Is BlackBerry Balance activated? If yes, the BES administrator might need to create a policy.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    10-12-13 06:13 PM
    Yes, balance is activated. I am really stumped. There are two user accounts on my PB, 1000 and 1000-enterprise. I am guessing that anything that gets saved from my work e-mail account is being put into the encrypted file space so I can't see the files, other than through the doc to go file manager app. And that app does not give one the option of saving outside of the native directory. In FM there's "Playbook" and "Work" saves and the two are clearly defined as separate stacks. So I think basically I'm hosed on this, because of our work e-mail protocol, which apparently required the secure/Balance enabled user space. Ugh!
    10-14-13 01:40 PM
    You could give Files & Folders a go, but I am not sure if that app can breach secure spaces... I think they have a trial version, so should be ok for you to try and find out.

EDIT: S_A just posted this in another thread.

Data stored in the work space can be accessed on the PC if that has not been blocked via policy. If it has you will have to email them to yourself.

Posted via CB10
    Worth a shot?
    10-14-13 02:46 PM