Here is the strongest reason I stay with BlackBerry:

This level of control is not on any other smartphone that I know of.

In the native messaging on my PlayBook, this does not come up when you delete a message. It definitely should be there and should be part of BB10. What do we know about the future of this feature?
    Xopher likes this.
    09-19-12 08:13 PM
    I absolutely agree. Hopefully this is something that comes with BB10.
    09-19-12 08:38 PM
    definitely gives us more flexibility than other phones.
    09-19-12 08:58 PM
    I like this feature too much since i have that many mails coming in each day.
    09-19-12 09:54 PM
    I don't believe we will see this in BB 10. The native email app on the Playbook uses ActiveSync - a two way sync of actions. What you do on your device is what will happen on your email account for any BES or IMAP account (Gmail, GMX, etc). I'm not sure how the sync works on POP accounts (haven't had one in years).
    09-19-12 09:55 PM
    I don't think you can do that with ActiveSync...
    09-19-12 09:56 PM
    To be honest, to get this functionality I went up to sideloading Kaiten Mail, with all the drawbacks it means in terms of backup and minimum keyboard use.
    Kaiten mail does allow things like "only delete on server what has been deleted locally" etc.
    Then now my only issue is not being able to prevent the native mail to also connect...
    H.
    09-20-12 04:12 AM
    I don't believe we will see this in BB 10. The native email app on the Playbook uses ActiveSync - a two way sync of actions. What you do on your device is what will happen on your email account for any BES or IMAP account (Gmail, GMX, etc). I'm not sure how the sync works on POP accounts (haven't had one in years).
    I really hope this is not true. This is one feature that I believe makes BB the strongest messaging platform available. Without this what sets it apart?
    09-23-12 11:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD