When is the next update coming ? its been over a month and no wors yet on the next update. Still waiting for all those cool TAT things and the 6000+ android apps that are supposed to come ( not side loading crap ) to the playbook.
    Thanks
    03-28-12 10:53 AM
    The next update will probably have little or nothing new as far as cool TAT things (my guess), or 6000 new Android apps. (The apps are presumably flowing into App World, but that's unrelated to the maintenance release that's coming.)
    03-28-12 10:56 AM
    The only update they really talked about is BB10.

Which means beginning of 2013. Which for me as a consumer is irrelevant.
    03-28-12 11:22 AM
    i am estimating that the 2.01 update will be out by july
    03-28-12 11:35 AM
    The 2.0.1 should be out any day. The 2.1 release should be around BBWC in May.
    03-28-12 12:32 PM
    The 2.0.1 should be out any day. The 2.1 release should be around BBWC in May.
    I hope those kind of oracles could be outlined somewhere in the forum system, especially when the mentioned date is long overdue.

I have read so many of them already that I am no longer consulting Crackberry for any reliable or even half-serious info.
    03-28-12 01:43 PM
    Wild guess - this week. 90% confident...
    03-28-12 02:40 PM
    my guess would be sometime and I'm 24% sure of it

sagec likes this.
    03-28-12 03:10 PM
    Probably as soon as we get root access to 2.0 lol
    03-28-12 03:52 PM
    my guess would be sometime and I'm 24% sure of it

97.3% of statistics are made up on the spot.
    03-28-12 03:55 PM
    To the OP, usually when a bridge update is released, a PlayBook update is not to far off, but with the release of this last bridge update being what seems to be a partial update, your guess is as good as anyone's. I've noticed since May, that a PlayBook update is released approx every 45 days. Except on one occasion when it was a week apart due to a very unstable bridge update. I would guess and say we should see a PlayBook update within the week
    03-28-12 03:59 PM
    I'm hoping it is soon. If you read on here about all the people tired of browser poofs etc. if it isn't soon they are going to lose a lot more customers. They need not worry about adding anything until they get the bugs fixed.
    balding1 likes this.
    03-28-12 04:03 PM
    So why was there only a bridge update for 7.1 ?
    03-28-12 10:53 PM
    was the bridge update only for 7.1????
    03-28-12 10:59 PM
    was the bridge update only for 7.1????
    In a word, yes.
    03-29-12 12:14 AM
    I'm hoping it is soon. If you read on here about all the people tired of browser poofs etc. if it isn't soon they are going to lose a lot more customers. They need not worry about adding anything until they get the bugs fixed.
    You know, usually when my browser "poofs" I say oh well and get along with, re launch and open my tabs again.

However, when I'm browsing and I have to click a link over 10 times for it to work, oh boy that grinds my gears. This is a serious issue that needs to be fixed. Not saying the browser poofs are not serious, but the constant clicking to get "moving" drives me absolutely nuts!
    patpatiar, dennie82 and Gerii like this.
    03-29-12 03:40 AM
    I believe the next update will be here when it gets here.
    03-29-12 06:59 AM
    Between today and the next gen blackberry
    03-29-12 07:08 AM
    Dead on. This is my first (and last) experience with a rim product. I have never seen a mickey mouse operation like theirs before. There should have been daily, or at least weekly, updates to address the numerous 'imperfections' that have come to light since os2 was released.
    03-29-12 09:36 AM
    Dead on. This is my first (and last) experience with a rim product. I have never seen a mickey mouse operation like theirs before. There should have been daily, or at least weekly, updates to address the numerous 'imperfections' that have come to light since os2 was released.
    Starting to give up on RIM also.
    Seems to take RIM ages to do anything anymore, hours turn into days into weeks into months and still no info about anything.
    Fed up of RIMS don't worry be happy attitude.
    03-29-12 09:43 AM
    "A watched pot never boils."

Find some other interesting things to do to occupy your time and mind and the wait won't feel so long.

If I sound like your parents, it's because they were right! :-)
    03-29-12 11:30 AM
    Starting to give up on RIM also.
    Seems to take RIM ages to do anything anymore, hours turn into days into weeks into months and still no info about anything.
    Fed up of RIMS don't worry be happy attitude.
    Enjoy your egg fryer or super secure Android devices
    Yoox_II likes this.
    03-29-12 12:41 PM
    Enjoy your egg fryer or super secure Android devices
    Only handheld I own is the pb ( my plam pre doesn't count) .... not going to post what I think of your , and the guys before you , comments because my post will be deleted or the thread closed .
    03-29-12 12:52 PM
    Patience people. Due to the LTE/HSPA+ PlayBook passing the FCC weeks ago, and the original PlayBook nearing its one year point, I think a new software update will come with the refresh device, within the next few weeks.

Just a guess based on different aspects that just makes sense. Earlier would be nice, but I expect this at the very latest.

Fortunately, it looks like we should see some nice browser improvements. Much needed IMO.

http://www.berryreview.com/2012/03/2...ybook-browser/
    03-29-12 12:54 PM
    Patience people. Due to the LTE/HSPA+ PlayBook passing the FCC weeks ago, and the original PlayBook nearing its one year point, I think a new software update will come with the refresh device, within the next few weeks.

Just a guess based on different aspects that just makes sense. Earlier would be nice, but I expect this at the very latest.

Fortunately, it looks like we should see some nice browser improvements. Much needed IMO.

PlayBook Dev Team Now Working on Refining the PlayBook Browser - BerryReview
    Nice to know. It does get difficult to constantly wait. I told people in Aug. To wait, it's new. Sept. Wait. Oct. Wait. Nov. Wait. Dec. Wait. Jan. Wait. Feb. Wait. Late Feb. We get some good along with some bad. The wait starts again.

I do like my pb and love the UI. But I'm starting to feel like the ugly girl sitting by the wall waiting for some nice boy to ask me to dance yet it never happens. I really want them to succeed as the untapped potential can be amazing.
    balding1, dave1701, JeepBB and 1 others like this.
    03-29-12 01:07 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD