Hello Friends!
    As Blackberry OS 2.0 is released today morning and I am sure you all have already updated your Playbooks to OS 2.0. You all are exploring OS 2.0 and definately, there is something what you like most in OS 2.0 and there is still something missing or not as you wanted it in OS 2.0.
    So share your good or bad experience encountered with OS 2.0.
    02-21-12 04:53 PM
    the automatic syncing of all facebook and twitter friends and not being unable to option out of it

love the LED, finally a BlackBerry
    ayushagnihotri and rodabu like this.
    02-21-12 04:57 PM
    Hello, I am new here and am glad I found this forum. I hope to get more out of my PB than I have. We got it for Christmas under the false impression that a) OS 2.0 was right around the corner, and b) that netflix would be supported.

I know that users here are really into RIM and the Playbook, but even with the OS 2.0 I'm really really dissapointed with this tablet. We basically use it for surfing and youtube. It can't do anything better than my iPad.

No hulu, no netflix, it doesn't even have an ebay or amazon app. And either I don't know how to find them or are there not many android apps with this new 2.0?

I would love some help to make this tablet more useful, it basically sits unless all of the tablets, smartphones, and the computer are in use and then only if someone really needs to check the internet.

Thanks
    netwerks1 likes this.
    02-21-12 04:58 PM
    predictive text is somewhat laggy and weird behaving on the native browser, so far it's the only thing
    02-21-12 04:58 PM
    Hello, I am new here and am glad I found this forum. I hope to get more out of my PB than I have. We got it for Christmas under the false impression that a) OS 2.0 was right around the corner, and b) that netflix would be supported.

I know that users here are really into RIM and the Playbook, but even with the OS 2.0 I'm really really dissapointed with this tablet. We basically use it for surfing and youtube. It can't do anything better than my iPad.

No hulu, no netflix, it doesn't even have an ebay or amazon app. And either I don't know how to find them or are there not many android apps with this new 2.0?

I would love some help to make this tablet more useful, it basically sits unless all of the tablets, smartphones, and the computer are in use and then only if someone really needs to check the internet.

Thanks
    I guess if hulu and netflix and apps for ebay or amazon are what makes something useful for you then I don't know what to tell you. I bet it does flash sites better than your iPad.

At any rate. Maybe you can sell it.
    02-21-12 05:02 PM
    Good: remote BB, native apps, new look, FASTER!!!, love the new keyboard, accnt sync, pretty much everything

Bad: my BBM bridge won't load the bridge app (starts app but crashes shortly after), no native Twitter app, still can't move files between BB & PB. From what I can see that's's about it. I literally haven't put down my PB since noon today. Overall: still happy with the update, I'd feel 100% if I could just use my BBM bridge app ..-_- But still, great upgrade
    02-21-12 05:14 PM
    No Chinese language input/interface. Fail.
    02-21-12 05:15 PM
    I love how rim seems to have listened to so many of us loyal customers !!!

Thank you for the amazingupgrade, and for the two free games !!! Modern combat and asphalt HD !!!!

Thanks rim, for helping me love what i do !!!

Ps. That was an amazijg slumber party last night !!!!

BB4L !!!
    02-21-12 05:18 PM
    Everything perfect for me. At last a useful Playbook
    02-21-12 05:21 PM
    Modern combat and asphalt HD !!!!
    I paid for those 2 games a week ago T.T
    WaelIT_ likes this.
    02-21-12 05:24 PM
    Sorry Dude, u were too fast to buy :P
    02-21-12 05:29 PM
    There is still no File Browser pre-install. Preinstalled File Manager sucks as it shows only Pictures, Vodeo, Music and Documents only
    sharonjpp likes this.
    02-21-12 05:34 PM
    You dropped like what ? $20bucks max ? Compare that to those that book their pbs at launch. much did you pay for urs ?
    02-21-12 05:34 PM
    You dropped like what ? $20bucks max ? Compare that to those that book their pbs at launch. much did you pay for urs ?
    those poeple are robbed
    i-love and WaelIT_ like this.
    02-21-12 05:36 PM
    There is still no File Browser pre-install. Preinstalled File Manager sucks as it shows only Pictures, Vodeo, Music and Documents only
    Whatelse do you want to see ?

If you had said you still cant see music files on your phone, that would have been something else. I was hopingthat was one of the "surprises"
    flacko likes this.
    02-21-12 05:37 PM
    Paid one pound each For such amazing games, nothing!!!
    02-21-12 05:43 PM
    I guess if hulu and netflix and apps for ebay or amazon are what makes something useful for you then I don't know what to tell you. I bet it does flash sites better than your iPad.

I guess I've been using iOS for so long I don't notice flash sites anymore. I can't remember when I've seen a site saying 'unable to load flash player'. On an aside I've been all over the internet today learning about this new OS and I've yet to discover anything new that's useful. I've downloaded a few of the android apps and they run inside some sort of browser (or emulator? not sure), but it sure takes away of the smoothness of the OS.

I checked out gazelle.com and they will only give me 56$ for it

This pretty much sums up my thoughts

Sorry, PlayBook 2.0 still isn't worth your money | Mobile - CNET News
    02-21-12 05:45 PM
    i love the new pb remote, and the native messages & accounts are really well done ! the only problem is that my browser doesn't work any fixes?
    02-21-12 05:52 PM

Those are extremely popular services, and RIM should do whatever it takes (bribes all around) to get those apps onto the Playbook. Otherwise, you can bet that their lack hurts the Playbook's chances.
    02-21-12 06:00 PM
    i love the new pb remote, and the native messages & accounts are really well done ! the only problem is that my browser doesn't work any fixes?
    Browser works fine on mine. Perhaps remove and reinstall?
    02-21-12 06:03 PM
    Browser works great here. But I don't think browser can be uninstalled as it is a "sys" app. Maybe re-install the whole OS?
    02-21-12 06:07 PM
    Get "My File Manager" FTW
    Even hides yer Pr0N
    02-21-12 06:10 PM
    Those are extremely popular services, and RIM should do whatever it takes (bribes all around) to get those apps onto the Playbook. Otherwise, you can bet that their lack hurts the Playbook's chances.
    I agree with the Hulu and Netflix comments (Skype too), but Amazon and eBay? Are you kidding me? I don't have "apps" for them on my laptop - they work exactly the same way on the Playbook. I use Amazon all the time, it's exactly like the desktop version! Why an app??

Here are shortcuts to new Amazon and eBay apps:

Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more ; and Electronics, Cars, Fashion, Collectibles, Coupons and More Online Shopping | eBay

Perhaps I should charge $.99 for the above "apps", I think I pretty much duplicated the desktop experience.

I swear there are people who'd buy snow in a blizzard if Apple told them they needed it.
    Last edited by jonty12; 02-21-12 at 06:11 PM. Reason: moved a ")"
    02-21-12 06:11 PM
    I have a sys.android.bar, do you think installing that through ddpb might solve it?
    02-21-12 06:20 PM
    installing sys.android.bar will mess everything as that file doesn't belong to new OS. Reinstall the new OS. That will fix it.
    02-21-12 06:27 PM
113 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD