What do you want the hackers to bring to our PlayBooks?

To start I want to see a 'Z' gesture which puts the display to sleep!

List all the cool features you would want hackers to bring that RIM can't give/haven't given us yet.
    12-04-11 02:53 AM
    skype video chat, that is all
    DDDS likes this.
    12-04-11 03:03 AM
    Ability to set swiping from bottom right to a shortcut like an application launcher (or to a tile view of all running apps).

I'll need that If I want to make the widget application I'm working on easily accessible.
    12-04-11 01:14 PM
    What do you want the hackers to bring to our PlayBooks?

To start I want to see a 'Z' gesture which puts the display to sleep!

List all the cool features you would want hackers to bring that RIM can't give/haven't given us yet.
    Interesting idea but the problem is if you're playing a game or something and make that same gesture it will turn the display off.
    12-05-11 10:08 AM
    Interesting idea but the problem is if you're playing a game or something and make that same gesture it will turn the display off.
    what if it went from the bezels?

Maybe a gesture that goes from left side to top, then right then bottom
    12-05-11 12:20 PM
    Most definitely, Skype, with video and audio...
    12-05-11 01:53 PM
    USB Hosting!!!!!!!!! Oh please bring usb hosting to it! I heard the hardware could very well support usb host, just need to be implemented in the OS.

I want a swipe keyboard with auto-completion and auto-spelling

I want an MSN Live client with video chat support... I'll take a good Skype app *** well!

I want samba/nfs share access from the PB

I want a control panel to modify some system settings (i.e. speed at which the screen rotate when tilting the tablet, time it takes before rotating

I'd love the ability to set different swipe zones from the screen, each serving specific purposes...

MKV support !!!!!!!!!!!! This is not something I'd love to see or actually want, this is something I NEED!!!

NETFLIX!
    Last edited by RicThot; 12-05-11 at 02:34 PM.
    OnTopic likes this.
    12-05-11 02:25 PM
    Expectations Manager
    12-05-11 08:41 PM
    Totally customisable THEMES!! icons and all lol im sure some developers might disagree but I think the option should be there.. also maybe get rid of the language key on the keyboard give us a way of tabbing ? maybe allow custom keyboards through a theme maker! lol :/ themes.....pls

and yes I fall under the category of people who have no real idea what rooting will actually allow us to do.. Id just really like to be able to customise more than just the wallpaper or having to create a webapp just to change the icon of a web link !!! lol
    bdguru likes this.
    12-05-11 09:47 PM
    auto-correction and multi-language input support please
    12-05-11 09:48 PM
    I "think" this site should explain each platform but you may need to signup as a dev.. its free but see if it works/helps you BlackBerry - Tablet OS - Calling All Apps for the BlackBerry Tablet OS good luck
    12-05-11 09:56 PM
    swiftkey x with the tron appearance theme
    one click root
    dual os swap at startup
    a freaking back button on the screen of the playbook. on bottom left
    12-05-11 10:57 PM
    SONOS ...and world peace.
    12-06-11 09:21 AM
    I'd like to see an update that wipes out the root.

:harpglissando:

Gee! Thanks RIM!
    12-06-11 05:40 PM
    installous like program?
    12-06-11 07:09 PM
    :::

I want to have Chinese IME support. Including Handwriting IME

:::
    12-06-11 07:44 PM
    I hate to be a wet blanket, but...

Rooting simply means you have access to some files & processes you didn't have access to before. There may be some configurations you can tweak.

But we don't have access to source code of the system, unlike on Android, so major changes to the way the PB works (e.g. the on-screen keyboard) are unlikely to appear anytime soon.

Rooting won't magically "create" a Skype app, which could easily be built by Skype without root anyhow.

Rooting also won't magically "create" new API's that app developers can make use of.

Some system components may be discovered, and as QNX is closely related to other Unix flavours, there may be similarities that we can take advantage of. We may also be able access some lower level tools from the desktop versions of QNX, or create or replace some drivers.

In general, don't expect too much from rooting.
    12-06-11 07:52 PM
    I'd like to see the ability for the PlayBook to not be rooted.

There are still tons of people using the PlayBook in secure environments because it can't or hasn't been rooted yet. Root it and its world class security is gone.

The whole idea is to have a secure device that can be trusted not a hacker toy.

Get some cheap $70 Android tablet and hack away, it will probably have better hardware specs anyway.
    rthonpm likes this.
    01-04-14 04:04 PM
    Cure for cancer and a hawt new girlfriend
    BCITMike and rthonpm like this.
    01-04-14 07:26 PM
    USB host

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 08:52 PM
    this is like asking people 'what would you like to do once you won the lottery....'
    rthonpm likes this.
    01-07-14 05:44 AM
    I'd like to dedicate this to all of those who talk about rooting the PlayBook....

01-07-14 06:46 AM
    I'd like to see Melissa George draped over my bed wearing nothing but Agent Provocateur lingerie and a smile. But that's something else that ain't ever gonna happen.
    Zildjian71 likes this.
    01-07-14 06:42 PM
    I'd like to dedicate this to all of those who talk about rooting the PlayBook....

How appropriate and fitting. +1000
    01-07-14 11:57 PM
    Ability to change the default browser to Origami. Honestly though if it could be rooted perhaps the best thing to do would be to turn it into a Ubuntu/Unity platform.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9330
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    01-12-14 10:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD