I have already installed the Playbook OS and not noticed differences.

What do there again?
    Cynycl and LuisCast like this.
    09-10-13 07:31 PM
    Speed improvements in keyboard, browser and os overall.
    09-10-13 07:50 PM
    Biggest change I've seen so far is the numbers in the build are NOT the same.

Sent from my HTC One running PlayBook 3.0
    09-10-13 08:22 PM
    Updates always seem to improve speed of the browser and other components, but this is probably due to caches being cleared and indices being rebuilt. A reinstall of the same OS or even a reboot will often bring similar improvements.

According to the release notes, this is what has changed:

Software update v2.1.0.1753 Sept. 10, 2013

Includes the following updates for all models of the BlackBerry PlayBook (Wi-Fi only and 4G/4G LTE�)

• Adobe� Flash� Player security updates to ensure customers remain protected from these issues
    • Resolves issues where some users were unable to either purchase or upgrade apps within the BlackBerry� World� storefront
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    09-11-13 01:48 AM
    Updates always seem to improve speed of the browser and other components, but this is probably due to caches being cleared and indices being rebuilt. A reinstall of the same OS or even a reboot will often bring similar improvements.

According to the release notes, this is what has changed:
    Purchase app in app world? What the ***???
    Sergag and Wikkitkrafft like this.
    09-11-13 06:49 PM
    Well, since the update I can't watch videos on YouTube. Whether in the browser, the YouTube player, Stereo YouTube player, or the Origami browser videos get a couple seconds in and freeze. Never happened before.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 11:42 PM
    Latest update doesn't seem to let me change wallpaper. =p
    09-12-13 03:53 AM
    There must have been some (sadly undocumented?) bug fixing "under the hood". I did, for instance, finally get back the ability to save networks after reboots back, which made me rather happy. There seem to have been other improvements in day-to-day work, especially in the field of "responsiveness", but those are harder to pinpoint.
    09-12-13 04:21 AM
    Keyboard stutter still present. Easy to notice if a time hog process is running while your keystroking. The visual key appears later and causes human confusion. Very Very Very poor design. This confirms that the keyboard process is NOT of a high enough priority. Human interface should always be highest priority. BB needs a few real software engineers.
    kbz1960 and NovGab like this.
    09-12-13 07:32 AM
    Well, since the update I can't watch videos on YouTube. Whether in the browser, the YouTube player, Stereo YouTube player, or the Origami browser videos get a couple seconds in and freeze. Never happened before.

Posted via CB10
    I am now into 3 minutes and counting using Origami on Youtube.com. I did have a problem with the first video I tried running but this one has not even paused. But others seem to be reporting issues, too. Now over 4 minutes.
    09-12-13 10:30 AM
    I've noticed nothing really to be honest. I've never had any real problems with the browser or keyboard lag or any of the other problems other owners complain about. I did have problems with wireless dropping but that turned out to be my router being faulty and a replacement sorted it out. And when I'm at the far end of the house, wireless handover works a dream as well.

Maybe this update is the forerunner to something bigger. Who knows?

Oh yeah, Ice Age Village still crashes when finished loading.
    09-12-13 11:01 AM
    Aside from the long overdue security updates to Flash, I suppose nothing. I suppose the size makes sense as most of the OS was built on Adobe AIR which is closely related to Flash.
    09-12-13 03:26 PM
    Some backend stuff for developers as well, such as authorizing ssl keys which will help them with cloud enabling apps.

Posted via CB10
    yellowhammer likes this.
    09-12-13 07:34 PM
    I now have a distorted groan when I receive an email along with other sound distortions, could they not have allowed us to set our own notifications.
    09-13-13 12:12 PM
    09-13-13 04:18 PM
    Might have killed your camera, but my 2 PlayBooks were fine after the update, camera and all, as was my parents PlayBook.

One swallow doesn't make a summer.
    09-13-13 04:31 PM
    Just spent the last 8 hours trying to recover my device... I have earned my right to rant.
    Quite unhelpful and unfriendly mate...
    09-13-13 04:44 PM
    Just spent the last 8 hours trying to recover my device... I have earned my right to rant.
    Quite unhelpful and unfriendly mate...
    It's neither unhelpful nor unfriendly - but pushing your luck is likely to make it unfriendly.

My point - which clearly was too subtle, that's my curse... is this - that you are having a problem does not make it representative. By all means, have your rant, and scweam and scweam and scweam - but all the same, one person having such symptoms proves exactly that - one person having those symptoms. The update may well have just been a catalyst.
    09-13-13 05:58 PM
    Purchase app in app world? What the ***???
    There was a bug where if you bought an app in BB10 that was also available for the PB you couldn't either buy the app or download it for free on the PB if the Dev allowed it. This happened to me with Air Attack. Eventually the bug worked itself out and I was able to download the app to my PB, but I guess this update squashes that bug.
    09-13-13 08:23 PM
    I noticed that WMV video format is now supported. Before it use to give error msg like(unsupported video format) but today i just tried thinking it will not play but to my surprise, plays perfectly.
    09-18-13 01:16 AM
    Here's what I've noticed:
    Browser is slower (lot more checkerboarding)
    PB froze.
    I have had this playbook for quite a long time now, love it, and use it daily. Never have I had to reboot it for any reason. Since the update it is running like carp, and the browser is undoubtedly slower (both Origami and native). So last night I decided to back up everything and do a security wipe. So now my playbook has nothing but default apps and 1753 update. and it runs horribly slow. On the off-chance it might be a hardware issue with my PB, i tested the other 2 playbooks in the household, and one runs just as slow as mine. I keep checking for a new update. I did NOT update my wife's PB, and that one is running smoother. Not happy with this update.
    09-20-13 06:22 AM
    Is there actually any point of installing it then ???
    09-21-13 01:25 PM
    Is there actually any point of installing it then ???
    Thing is, you're going to get a disproportionate representation, between those that have got issues - that, let's face it, may not be actually because of the update, per se, and many that have upgraded and had no issues, but not taken to posting such on a thread about it.

Personally, I haven't realised anything that obvious, positive, or negative, since installing the update on my 2 PlayBooks. Perhaps I've not realised any keyboard lag, since. And one of my PlayBooks seems to be getting rather excellent battery life (the other has remained as it was prior the update).
    09-21-13 05:00 PM
    Okay thank's for all
    09-21-13 07:16 PM
    and now i know
    09-21-13 07:17 PM
34 12