After many years being a self proclaimed advocate of the playbook, as of last night, we retired the three devices in our house. Replaced them all... I'm thinking that they be used as mass storage devices for movies or what have you...
    06-11-14 02:08 PM
    I use my for:

To watch the HD movies on youtube
    My daughter use it for recording the movies
    Clicking photos
    Watching saved movies
    Browsing the web
    Playing let's golf3
    As music player, it sounds better that any tablet, I can bet
    Listening to music in flight
    Sms and email
    Bbm

Still lots of work on tablet

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 08:49 PM
    can the playbook connect to or be activated on a BES10 system via wifi?

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 09:27 PM
    Pretty much nothing but to read emails now.
    07-06-14 09:46 PM
    I use it as an ebook reader (mostly PDF), to stream videos and music and to play games via HDMI connected to my TV and my gamepad
    It's a pretty powerful game/media console, keeps me entertained.
    07-07-14 03:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    Supposedly Blend will allow that. We shall see.
    Chobbyta likes this.
    07-07-14 07:34 AM
    You know, i've had my galaxy tab pro 8.4 for almost a month now. Despite how much I use use it an how much I enjoy using it, I keep glancing over at my PlayBook sitting on my desk. I want to find something for it, but my z10 and tab pro do everything. I'll go as far to say that I actually miss it... but there isn't enough to make me give up the galaxy tab and go back.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 02:57 PM
    You know, i've had my galaxy tab pro 8.4 for almost a month now. Despite how much I use use it an how much I enjoy using it, I keep glancing over at my PlayBook sitting on my desk. I want to find something for it, but my z10 and tab pro do everything. I'll go as far to say that I actually miss it... but there isn't enough to make me give up the galaxy tab and go back.

Posted via CB10
    I think a lot have found the same..the Smoothness of the PlayBook OS, the Easy Multitasking, the Brightness of the screen, the Speakers....the Mail, the Calendar, Bridge... it's still a lot to ignore.

I believe if PlayBook is set up correctly with the right mix of Native and Sideload Apps...the PlayBook is still up there with the best!

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    07-09-14 07:02 AM
    Just got back from trip. PBk was my flying companion watching movies thru the miles (handbrake freed mp4s from my own dvds) and some puzzle solving mystery games. As had no wifi, I experimented using my Bold 9900 as a mobile hotspot at their place. Home now, laying in bed here reading around ebay and crackberry. Yes speed could be faster but really is it that slow after all? Ok...Id say my ebay-bought at a bargain PBk has proven its worth. Should have gotten one a long time ago.
    07-13-14 09:16 PM
    A cutting board. Sometimes I use it as a coaster or a hot plate to keep from burning my table.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 03:57 PM
    At the moment comics and internet

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 08:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, you can activate a Playbook via BES 10 for email and I believe corporate browser.

Mine is used almost exclusively for media consumption while traveling. I load up whatever I want to binge on while on the plane or hotel room. In the room I connect to the TV via HDMI and then use bridge as a remote control. It works really well.
    ehroberts likes this.
    07-15-14 11:10 AM
    My PlayBook now is becoming nanny... I loaded a lot of good animation movies and games, and every time I have visitors with kids, PlayBook saves the day!!!
    07-18-14 05:41 AM
    Watching movie. Nothing else makes happier. Great build n hardware, worst support n updates.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 05:54 AM
    1. Browsing the Web
    2. Shopping Online
    3. Reading magazines (PDF format)
    4. BB Bridge to OS7 (BBM, SMS, E-mail)
    5. Reading books (Kindle side-load)
    6. Killing time (Ultimate Pinball)

I use my PB for 90% of the stuff I once did on my home PC.
    PlayBook UK likes this.
    07-23-14 08:46 AM
65 123