When I did a security wipe and os upgrade. Where did the wallpaper go?

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    04-21-12 07:38 PM
    You do know that a security wipe deletes all data. If you just do an update the data remains on the playbook.
    04-21-12 07:42 PM
    The wallpapers, the native ones at least should be embedded into the OS, a security wipe will not erase them. IF they are not there and you just security wiped, i suggest plugging into computer, turn off, open BDM, and turn back on. It should say something about not able to communicate with playbook. Click update, and follow the instructions. This will kickstart a factory restore. After it is done, it should be good as new
    04-21-12 07:53 PM
    The wallpapers, the native ones at least should be embedded into the OS, a security wipe will not erase them. IF they are not there and you just security wiped, i suggest plugging into computer, turn off, open BDM, and turn back on. It should say something about not able to communicate with playbook. Click update, and follow the instructions. This will kickstart a factory restore. After it is done, it should be good as new
    Will my current data be wiped after that? Will I have to reinstall my sideloaded apps or will it retain them?
    Thanks for this info by the way. I never heard of doing a factory restore just security wipe.

Last edited by KennethD; 04-21-12 at 08:34 PM.
    04-21-12 08:29 PM
    Ok I have my wallpapers back. Thank you
    My next question is how can I see them when plugged into my computer? I have hidden folders enabled but they don't show up when I open the picture folder on my decktop

04-21-12 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD