If anyone here is interested in one day running android OS on the playbook, a good start to gain support for this project would be to vote to create a forum on XDA for the development of the Playbook.

If you have an XDA account login and vote for the playbook here:
    *** New Device Forum Voting Thread *** - xda-developers

It is in second place by only 4 or 5 votes, if we gain the support of the excellent devs that frequent XDA we can have one of the cheapest and best value android tablets on the market (if you bought a playbook during their many sales)
    jntrup likes this.
    01-10-12 01:01 PM
    i voted woohoo
    its now in first place
    01-10-12 02:23 PM
    I voted for the Playbook as I've enjoyed mine since April. I have absolutely no desire to have Android OS running on my Playbook. If I wanted Android, I'd have bought one in the first place.
    01-10-12 02:27 PM
    Hopefully this brings about other development though, i.e. apps.
    jntrup likes this.
    01-10-12 02:42 PM
    Voted as well, PB in the lead by 3 votes. I'm curious as to what the XDA community would do with the PlayBook...
    01-10-12 02:45 PM
    The PlayBook has a locked bootloader. It will only boot OSs that have been RIM approved. While it's theoretically possibly it has a security vulnerability enabling it to be cracked I wouldn't count on it. BlackBerry phones have similar technology and they have never been cracked, despite being on the market for more than a decade. It's not quite impossible, but it's pretty close to. Even for Android phones which don't have nearly RIM's security reputation a locked bootloader is rarely broken.
    01-10-12 03:36 PM
    no code is perfect
    01-10-12 03:38 PM
    The PlayBook has a locked bootloader. It will only boot OSs that have been RIM approved. While it's theoretically possibly it has a security vulnerability enabling it to be cracked I wouldn't count on it. BlackBerry phones have similar technology and they have never been cracked, despite being on the market for more than a decade. It's not quite impossible, but it's pretty close to. Even for Android phones which don't have nearly RIM's security reputation a locked bootloader is rarely broken.
    I hope someone talented out there find Playbook is worth to crack for more fun.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    01-11-12 02:02 PM
    There's already a GIANT thread about this.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-683262/

01-11-12 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD