The general annoyances I have noticed, and want to know if they are normal or if there is a known fix.

1. GPS locks either dont occur, or take 5-10 minutes no matter what app you are using

2. Facebook app does not show profile pictures on the news feed

3. Email app occasionally (the longer I have been since last security wipe) will say that it was interrupted and must be shut down.

4. Email app will not allow you to delete more than one email at a time, will bring back deleted emails, and will just pop up notifications when there isnt even an email.

5. Android player starts to lag each app the longer its been open. Its most noticable in the Android sideloaded "Google Voice" and the in-world purchase of "IM+ Pro".

6. The tablet will start saying its still charging after you unplug it and will drain battery much faster until reboot. This issue will remain until wipe.

7. Will bring up dialog about headphone audio boost mode upon unplugging the headphones

8. Included browser will crash, lag, and generally unusable.

Every issue I brought up has followed me through several wipes. Its a pain in the ***, and I hate to think that I am forced to put up with it. If anyone knows a fix for these things, please let me know.
    08-19-13 11:55 PM
    I face only the 2nd & 8th one.
    Maybe ur playbook is unique.
    08-20-13 02:45 AM
    I face only the 2nd & 8th one.
    Maybe ur playbook is unique.
    Well at least I know SOME of my problems arent due to a broken tablet
    08-20-13 08:48 AM
    email will allow multiple file deletion, swipe down from top in app and press on select, then select as many mails for deletion as you desire
    08-20-13 11:37 AM
    Oh and the facebook issue is down to limitations in the app itself. It just isn't a great app.
    08-20-13 11:39 AM
    Welcome to playbook these are issue we all deal with. Some from time to some permanently. That is why we wanted an update to the OS or even BB10 (if it would fix these)....
    08-20-13 12:32 PM
    email will allow multiple file deletion, swipe down from top in app and press on select, then select as many mails for deletion as you desire
    If I do that (which I have tried several times) all but the first email gets shot back as "unread" and you have to delete one at a time (with a good 4-5 seconds wait in between each deletion or it comes back)
    08-20-13 03:34 PM
    If I do that (which I have tried several times) all but the first email gets shot back as "unread" and you have to delete one at a time (with a good 4-5 seconds wait in between each deletion or it comes back)
    Try this...Swipe from top and choose "select" then select several of these unread emails then select the "mark as read" function. Now repeat most of the same steps and choose the delete function. See if that helps.
    08-20-13 05:01 PM
    Try this...Swipe from top and choose "select" then select several of these unread emails then select the "mark as read" function. Now repeat most of the same steps and choose the delete function. See if that helps.
    That doesnt do it either. Its like the email app needs 4-5 seconds to think after each action or it forgets.
    08-21-13 07:07 PM
    Best fix is ebay it while you can get maybe $100 for it if lucky and put it towards ios or android.
    08-21-13 07:36 PM
    Best fix is ebay it while you can get maybe $100 for it if lucky and put it towards ios or android.
    and end up with *more* problems ? I think not.
    08-21-13 09:37 PM
    and end up with *more* problems ? I think not.
    Actually, back when I had an Android tablet I had far less issues than with the Playbook. I just see the PB's potential and wish that it could of lived up to it.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-22-13 12:47 PM
    I only get 1. GPS useless in the car. Never used to be. Maybe it's the hot weather.
    Never experienced the others in 2 years.
    You are plain wrong about 4. As has been suggested.

Wipe it or throw it.

Use Origami browser if you decide to keep it.
    08-22-13 04:09 PM
    I have experienced most of the problems except the power issue. Mine turns off when unplugged and off.

With respect to the audio boost message when the headphones are unplugged, volume settings automatically go to the setting of the sound device in use when the headphones are unplugged. That is probably why the message shows up as son as the headphones are unplugged.
    08-22-13 09:41 PM
    I have experienced most of the problems except the power issue. Mine turns off when unplugged and off.

With respect to the audio boost message when the headphones are unplugged, volume settings automatically go to the setting of the sound device in use when the headphones are unplugged. That is probably why the message shows up as son as the headphones are unplugged.
    Thanks for the heads up!
    08-22-13 11:37 PM
    I only get 1. GPS useless in the car. Never used to be. Maybe it's the hot weather.
    Never experienced the others in 2 years.
    You are plain wrong about 4. As has been suggested.

Wipe it or throw it.

Use Origami browser if you decide to keep it.
    Sorted the GPS by buying Magellan which is written for native PlayBook. It locks onto GPS like squit on a blanket, unlike the android ports and sideloads I have tried before. And it stays awake for the whole journey - Yay!
    08-31-13 04:54 PM