Other script is for turning keyboard sounds on and off. In 2.0, the keyboard won't mute until volume is on 0. Some people don't like that.

They are basically examples for people to look at so they can make their own scripts.

Android Market, Toggle USB Host and Toggle Keyboard Sounds should be pretty good examples to follow.
    sushistew and DAnklaud like this.
    02-05-12 01:10 AM
    Saw picture of someone cutting out the dock for the playbook and allowing charging and using usb can they both work the dock and usb so we can charge and use usb.

Just question

Raff
    02-10-12 07:24 AM
    Use magnetic charger. Then you can charge and use USB.
    02-10-12 09:11 AM
    when i type slay io-usb
    i get error

unable to find usb io process

maybe my mini usb cable adapter is dead? i got those cheap ones off focalprice i think
    02-11-12 01:49 PM
    where is this usb dingleberry USBHOST script link? thnks
    02-11-12 01:59 PM
    where is this usb dingleberry USBHOST script link? thnks

inside dingleberry 3.3, in the script folder
    jerryburst likes this.
    02-11-12 05:03 PM
    To make sure you haven't done any silly commands that broke USB OTG, first do a reboot of your Playbook.

Then connect over wifi and 'Install' the toggle_usb_host.script in your Scripts folder.
    Linkforsoad likes this.
    02-11-12 06:55 PM
    To make sure you haven't done any silly commands that broke USB OTG, first do a reboot of your Playbook.

Then connect over wifi and 'Install' the toggle_usb_host.script in your Scripts folder.
    Thanks for all your hard work.
    You made it so simple to use and I made it more difficult from stupidity on my part.
    For myself the usb folder was always empty until I used WinSCP and went to properties of the usb folder and notice the permission for (others -Read) wasn't ticked off.
    Now working perfect.
    Thanks again for all your time and effort
    02-11-12 07:30 PM
    Just curious: Did you make the usb folder beforehand (before running script) by yourself?

The script makes the usb folder with correct properties. If this didn't work, there's something for me to fix :P
    Perhaps I should add correct properties on each run -- just in case.
    02-11-12 08:44 PM
    Yes, USB Host does kill battery life quite quickly!

By the way, I have included a toggle_usb_host.script in Dingleberry v3.3.2. If you install that script (via wifi) you can easily toggle it on and off.

You cannot do this via USB. Change IP in Dingleberry to the Wifi one.
    How do you install the toggle_usb_host.script via wifi ?
    02-11-12 10:55 PM
    Enter your PB's Wifi IP address in top left corner of DB.
    jerryburst likes this.
    02-12-12 12:39 AM
    Just curious: Did you make the usb folder beforehand (before running script) by yourself?

The script makes the usb folder with correct properties. If this didn't work, there's something for me to fix :P
    Perhaps I should add correct properties on each run -- just in case.
    Nope didn't make a folder, had to do it for both of my playbooks.
    Their was another member in the other root thread with the same problem.
    02-12-12 01:36 AM
    You didn't make the folder or the script didn't make the folder?

Also, which privileges was the folder on when you first saw it?
    02-12-12 02:18 AM
    You didn't make the folder or the script didn't make the folder?

Also, which privileges was the folder on when you first saw it?
    The script made the folder, not sure what you mean privileges?
    If you mean permissions all were ticked except others(read)

Not sure if it makes a difference both PB were rooted with 3.0,redingled with 3.3.then ran the usb script.
    Last edited by balding1; 02-12-12 at 04:40 AM.
    02-12-12 04:04 AM
    The first time you ran the usb host script was from which Dingleberry version?

The script in v3.3.2+ does: chmod 770 usb

That's same privileges all the other shared files have?
    Last edited by xsacha; 02-12-12 at 07:04 AM.
    02-12-12 07:00 AM
    02-12-12 07:57 AM
    This looks like a great weekend project, thanks
    02-13-12 06:35 AM
    So has anyone else had the sense to try developing a native app with serial communication?
    03-05-12 03:39 PM
    This is the one feature that would make the Playbook unbeatable in my opinion.
    I've seen a few android apps that enable USB support.

Is it possible to petition RIM to get them to enable USB support. Being able to transfer pictures from a digital camera to my Playbook would totally rock.
    03-05-12 04:57 PM
    This is the one feature that would make the Playbook unbeatable in my opinion.
    I've seen a few android apps that enable USB support.

Is it possible to petition RIM to get them to enable USB support. Being able to transfer pictures from a digital camera to my Playbook would totally rock.
    USB support is possible. I can access my camera photos using an SD card reader.

You just have to have the PB rooted and apply the proper dingleberry script.
    03-05-12 05:30 PM
    Well the reason we got it working in the first place is because RIM had added it. In the same way Android has added it (and some manufacturers enable it).
    It just doesn't work too well right now on Playbook.
    03-05-12 05:35 PM
    I updated to OS 2 so rooting isn't an option for me. I'm an , I know lol
    I did see this app in the android market hope something like this could be developed for the Playbook.

https://market.android.com/details?i...c3dhdGNoZXIiXQ
    03-05-12 06:28 PM
    I've tried to write a native app to toggle USB host and toggle the serial USB driver without any luck. Permissions for running the appropriate commands are restricted; can't even change directory to any higher than those contained in the app.
    03-08-12 11:10 AM
    would symlinks help? i set them up so my android file explorer would go to / with "rootlnk" or maybe make a script where the script does the path changes?
    03-08-12 03:08 PM
    would symlinks help? i set them up so my android file explorer would go to / with "rootlnk" or maybe make a script where the script does the path changes?
    Good call. I'll give that a try soon.
    03-11-12 05:05 PM
252 ... 891011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD