I was wondering if anyone else was looking forward to an update for the music player in Feb?

I used my playbook for an event earlier this summer, it was not intuitive at all. I found it was difficult to place the songs in a certain order, and I could not figure out how to make a new playlist. In addition, the interface seemed a bit cheesy.

Am I missing something?
    12-16-11 03:17 PM
    i think they added in the ability to delete songs right from the media player. this was missing before i think
    12-16-11 03:21 PM
    I agree and am looking for improvements as well. My main grip is the number of steps to just play a playlist. i always just pick a playlist and put it in shuffle. Currently you have to pick a playlist, pick a random song and you always have to reenable shuffle. On BB7 you can just click and hold a playlist and select shuffle.
    12-17-11 09:14 AM
    if I could write software (in a reasonable timeframe) this would be what I would start with. At least a v1.0 that would allow someone to make a playlist and drag songs to/from and change their order. Simple things. I just want to leave the laptop at home, go to a party, plug in the PB and let it play, have people shuffle music as they want.. it does not help sell the PB to friends if they get frustrated just trying to listen to a song..
    12-17-11 03:48 PM
    The music player looks better than on any other device ive seen
    12-17-11 05:07 PM
    I wish the music player would be updated soon!!! I use every day for a couple of hours.

When you are multi tasking and need to control the volume but don't have access to the external controls, there should be option when you swipe down diagonally for volume control.

In addition they should arrange the music player into columns so you have the ability to drag and drop with your finger tips your own playlists etc. (that would really make use of the touch screen!!) - or they can make this a separate viewing option.

Also - maybe implement something similar to iTunes coverflow. (iTunes is actually a really good music player, RIM can take notes.)

They need the option to edit playlist names, songs names and it needs an visual equalizer. (somethng that can go full screen and you can output via HDMI) - come on RIM!!!!

The music player works well rights now, and has no lags.....but there is DEFINITELY room for improvement.

Anyways I hope for some aesthetic appeal to it along with the added functionality!

Edit:
    I forgot to mention that when I want to scroll over to a particular part in a song, the bar at the bottom makes it tedious to chose the exact second.
    Last edited by patpatiar; 12-18-11 at 11:00 AM.
    12-18-11 12:20 AM
    Also I don't know if it's just me or what, but the music player is really laggy.
    12-18-11 02:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD