after long hours reading here in forum, i still have a question about OS2beta.

If i upgrade to OS2 beta, and i want to go back OS1 can i downgrade? And is this the same way it is be done on bb 9780?

Are there any links where i can download a *.exe with os1?
    I know when i download new os for bb 9780 it install folder in shared with the new os, i would like to have this, so if there is a DIY here (i did not find in search).

So please help me with any info.

Regards Danny
    12-29-11 01:16 PM
    just do a security wipe on the device after a few days and it will bring you back to os1
    12-29-11 01:30 PM
    and how do i do security wipe........ sorry with bb phones im better informed then for pb.
    12-29-11 02:05 PM
    you can only downgrade your OS back to 1.0 after about 24 hours. i just updated to 2.0 yesterday to try it out and downgraded back to 1.0 today.

Back up your current OS before you upgrade.
    if you want to revert, after 24 hours, turn off your device.
    Open desktop manager, plug in the playbook.
    It will say unable to connect and to repair... blah blah blah..
    Click install, or if on a mac the repair option.

It should download the current 1.0 OS and install it.
    restore your backup if you wish.

I tried doing a security wipe and it just told me OS was up to date and deleted everything except the browser.
    12-29-11 02:43 PM
    and how do i do security wipe........ sorry with bb phones im better informed then for pb.
    oh btw if you want to do a security wipe just go to the settings menu. Under 'security' if i remember, or something along that line. you should see security wipe option there.
    12-29-11 02:48 PM
    if you updated to 1.0.8 downgrade or upgrade to 2.0 i been having some issues with wifi connection on 1.0.8
    12-29-11 03:57 PM
    I just did a security wipe, and switch off my PB and connect it it Desktop manager, and it did not give me the option "Install".. How do i go back to OS 1.0????
    12-30-11 05:38 AM
    Keep your playbook turned off.
    Hook it up to your computer.
    You should get an error saying that it cannot comunicate with your device. Click update.
    It should do the rest for you
    12-30-11 08:27 AM
    I just did a security wipe, and switch off my PB and connect it it Desktop manager, and it did not give me the option "Install".. How do i go back to OS 1.0????
    did DM prompt you that it is unable to connect to device and to retry or repair? Also, has it been pass 24 hours?
    12-30-11 08:29 AM
    finaly it workt, other question is there a good firewall/anti virus for pb?
    12-30-11 11:47 AM
    I think the firewall built- in the "Application Permissions" and the "Security Options" are enough. As for the AV, you won't be needing one as Blackberry Apps have never been found infected. However, if you worry about the side- loaded Droid Apps, again the answers is in the Application Permissions, alternatively you can side- load a Droid AV, try "Look Out" it's great and better yet free! Hope I helped
    12-30-11 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD