I think I just saw a tumbleweed rolling across the site, amidst the deathly silence of nothing happening.

Isn't tomorrow supposed to see (arguably) the biggest release of RIM's recent history- the showcase of their new OS, highlighting the true potential of an ailing company, with visions of what is in store for those who buy a new phone later in the year?

Where are the press releases, the fanfairs, the PR announcements? Why aren't RIM all over this? There isn't even anything on the main blog, with less than 24 hours to go (supposedly).

Either it ain't happening tomorrow or RIM need to start making some noise. If it were Apple or Android, we wouldn't be able to move for stories about it.
    Last edited by ODAAT; 02-20-12 at 09:38 AM.
    collapsed likes this.
    02-20-12 09:32 AM
    It's only an OS update. I think it's far more exciting for the (few) people who actually have Playbooks. Surely the initial launch of the tablet last year should have been a lot more exciting. If RIM were to big this up, as far as most people are concerned, they'd be making quite a lot of a calendar and contacts book.
    02-20-12 09:54 AM
    You look at the updates to the iPad or iPhone. Really not that big a deal but Steve Jobs stood up in front of everyone expecting us to consider him a God because he was allowing us to use a few more minor features on his sacred device. And last time I checked, Apple were doing a lot better than RIM. Maybe they could learn something.
    02-20-12 10:11 AM
    It is a little strange. If this site isn't making a big deal of it.... imagine how the general population will react. But when you step back and think about it.... the 2.0 update if mainly about native e-mail and calendar. Not exactly revolutionary. How could RIM spin this into something more? Or should they just yell, "we're giving you native e-mail!" Crickets chirping.

Hopefully there will be a surprise or two....
    02-20-12 10:20 AM
    Isn't it also about a re-designed UI and Android App Player?
    02-20-12 11:57 AM
    Maybe they're just busy working on the release...
    02-20-12 11:59 AM
    Isn't it also about a re-designed UI and Android App Player?
    I guess. The UI is not much different. The Android apps might be good... but I am not a big app user outside of a few games...
    02-20-12 12:02 PM
    Press Releases normally release when the device/app/update releases. That's kind of the point. A press release that comes out a week before there is anything to write about is pointless. Some things may also be under embargo.

Besides, you have no idea what's going on behind-the-scenes either here at CrackBerry or at RIM. It's like the calm before the storm (no pun intended lol).
    ODAAT, Superfly_FR and Barljo like this.
    02-20-12 12:09 PM
    It's like the calm before the storm (no pun intended lol).
    Oh my... I hope it's not another "Storm"....
    ODAAT likes this.
    02-20-12 12:12 PM
    You look at the updates to the iPad or iPhone. Really not that big a deal but Steve Jobs stood up in front of everyone expecting us to consider him a God because he was allowing us to use a few more minor features on his sacred device. And last time I checked, Apple were doing a lot better than RIM. Maybe they could learn something.
    Well, on the other hand, this is why I do not like Apple.
    02-20-12 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD