Is this possible, or does RIM have plans to make this possible?
    12-09-11 11:11 AM
    Bridge? No, and probably won't ever happen. Not even sure how they would do that...

Tether to get internet? Yes, already does it. Choose "Internet Tethering" from the settings menu to set it up.
    12-09-11 11:18 AM
    best you can do is tether the android to the pb by blue tooth or use you mobile hot spot if you have it. The bridge seems to be a blackberry only "perk". Hopefully the os2 update has email, calendar and contacts available on it.
    12-09-11 11:20 AM
    Bridge? No, and probably won't ever happen. Not even sure how they would do that...

Tether to get internet? Yes, already does it. Choose "Internet Tethering" from the settings menu to set it up.
    Tethering I can do, but if I could bridge to the Playbook with my SG2, I would have the best of both worlds. Even a 4 inch screen is still just a little too small for my tired eyes.
    12-09-11 11:23 AM
    If bridge will not be possible, I wonder if while on wifi hotspot, there will be a way to receive push email on the Playbook when version 2.0 of the operating system is released, without a Blackberry phone. I may get another Blackberry when the new phones come out, but until then, I am using an Android.
    12-09-11 11:36 AM
    If bridge will not be possible, I wonder if while on wifi hotspot, there will be a way to receive push email on the Playbook when version 2.0 of the operating system is released, without a Blackberry phone...
    Yes.

Next question?
    12-09-11 11:50 AM
    You could try this:

- start the mobile Wifi hotspot on Android
    - run an app called WebSharing on Android

Should work...
    jessewalby likes this.
    12-09-11 07:54 PM
    I would like to be able to transfer files via bluetooth from my android phone to the PB. unfortunately I can only 'pair' the devices not 'pair and connect'. I know I can bluetooth internet tether them but then I'm using my mobile data plan to transfer files, not bluetooth. any way around this problem yet?
    12-21-11 02:51 AM
    Use Wi-Fi. It works with the playbook for connecting to a network and you should be able to transfer files normally with Wi-fi.
    09-06-12 08:15 PM
    Use Wi-Fi. It works with the playbook for connecting to a network and you should be able to transfer files normally with Wi-fi.
    Did you notice the reply previous to yours was made in 12-21-2011?

Try not to bring dead threads up.
    09-06-12 08:56 PM
    Did you notice the reply previous to yours was made in 12-21-2011?

Try not to bring dead threads up.

I think he did fine. Too many times folks criticize folks for not searching the forums.

Dang if you do and dang if you don't?

Geesh. ..

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    Last edited by trsbbs; 09-12-12 at 07:39 AM.
    diegonei likes this.
    09-06-12 11:15 PM
    I think he did fine. Too many times folks criticize folks for not searching the forums.

Dang if you do and dang of you don't?

Geesh. ..

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    Yeah, what he said
    diegonei likes this.
    09-07-12 12:23 AM
    There are apps on android can turn your android device into a bluetooth keyboard and mouse.
    I have tried one.it works on the playbook, just like the bridge remote control.
    b1g1an likes this.
    09-07-12 04:42 AM
    Having no luck finding one that doesn't need a server app installed on the target device, what have you found that works?
    09-07-12 07:09 AM
    09-08-12 09:36 AM
    I agree to a degree, guys. Bringing it up to ask a question is ok, keeps things in the same place and easy to find. Proposing a solution that has already been added just bumps dead threads up.

Just trying to help. I'll shut up now.
    09-08-12 12:21 PM
    Nice one, works perfectly thanks, not surprised I couldn't find it with a helpful name like that
    Last edited by b1g1an; 09-08-12 at 01:03 PM.
    09-08-12 01:00 PM
    try this for WiFi, if you are looking for a data connection. works for me.

Download FoxFi Android App

Even though it says it doesn't work for htc phones, it does on mine. but I got from Google market so you can just search for it there.
    Last edited by axllebeer; 09-09-12 at 03:31 PM. Reason: More
    09-09-12 03:27 PM
    One caveat: Description
    Use your device as a mouse/keyboard for your PC/PS3!

*** Root required ***

So you will have to root your PB for this.
    09-09-12 04:47 PM
    One caveat: Description
    Use your device as a mouse/keyboard for your PC/PS3!

*** Root required ***

So you will have to root your PB for this.
    no, you don't have to root your playbook.
    This app is for android devices, it will turn your rooted android device into a bluetooth keyboard/mouse. And you can use this fake bluetooth keyboard on your playbook,kind like the bridge remote control function.
    09-10-12 03:45 AM
    LOL classic misunderstanding. Hope you read everything twice before signing

The remote bit was the only thing I was slightly jealous of with BlackBerry Bridge and this fixes that. Handles gestures really well too, just move the cursor to the side of the PlayBook screen, the cursor will change and then just keep your thumb still and the phone screen will turn red, flick as you would with the PlayBook. Takes a bit of practice but you can soon do it in one movement.

T'rific!
    09-10-12 09:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD