Guys, click on following link to see how to set up emails on PB 2.0 :

http://crackberry.com/setting-accoun...ry-playbook-20

Enjoy!
    Thanks haven't read that less than 1000 times in the last three days.
    02-23-12 06:20 PM
    Telus isn't working on mine or my wifes play-book. I'm in Calgary.

Obviously a problem with RIM...as I posted in another thread their answer was " I have no idea as to why it's not working" was their reply. PFP if you ask me.
    With problems like these, they always seems to be documentations from the carriers that are outdated. Rogers' (my broadband carrier at home) documentation for their yahoo-based email system hasn't been updated for 10 years.

I think that you will get more help talking to Telus support or just going to a Telus store.
    02-23-12 06:24 PM
    With problems like these, they always seems to be documentations from the carriers that are outdated. Rogers' (my broadband carrier at home) documentation for their yahoo-based email system hasn't been updated for 10 years.

I think that you will get more help talking to Telus support or just going to a Telus store.
    Telus email is working just fine on my wifes BB phone...working just fine on our PCs as well..just won't work on this POS Playbook.
    02-23-12 06:28 PM
    Telus email is working just fine on my wifes BB phone...working just fine on our PCs as well..just won't work on this POS Playbook.
    But have you talked to Telus?
    02-23-12 06:33 PM
    But have you talked to Telus?
    Yes, they can't see a problem. it should be working according to them.... they think it's RIM.
    02-23-12 06:40 PM
    i was also having problems with telus on pb with no solution, but all i did was open up a gmail account on pb then went to the email settings on telus webmail email settings and forewarded all the emails to the gmail account i created, now i get all my telus emails on my playbook, hope this helps people out or if there is a better solution i would love to hear it
    02-24-12 11:44 AM
    I just got my pb. Yahoo set up fine. Then tried to set up my pop3 account and kept getting all these error msg, would change, another error. Came here and read about deleting the smtp user name and password. Worked like a charm.

So thank-you!! CB Rocks
    02-24-12 02:37 PM
    02-24-12 03:23 PM
    This is totally ridiculous, attempt after attempt to setup my Telus email accounts and every single time I'm greeted with a resounding fail... Read so many forum posts and each users method of resolve yet nothing works for me. Done the security wipe, imap/smtp, port 25 and 587 so on and so on.

Been setting up my accounts for many a years and at present have 30+ devices running various operating systems, not once have I ran into a situation such as this on any one of them. And since I am running OS2 out of the box with only the native apps installed and nothing extra, why such a hassle?

Another thing, why when "all" PB's incorporates the same hardware/OS (other than the storage capacity) does one person succeed and another fails... I've seen some suggestions to call one's service provider but if my email accounts work without fail at home and work on "all" my devices, I'd have to say it's RIM's method of routing that's causing the issue.
    02-24-12 11:35 PM
    Well, I'm in Canada, and can't get my subfolders showing despite days of trying on Yahoo in the native client. Absolutely no problem with this on my Android tablet. I'm told that it's a lousy IMAP implementation. I don't know, but it's bad.
    02-25-12 12:33 AM
    Sometimes it is best to delete what is there and start again. I did for my Company e-mail account and then it finally worked.
    02-25-12 08:40 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD