BlackBerry jam has come and gone and no 2.1 what now? Do we wait and see if on Tuesday something happens or just keep on trying guess when update will happen. Any thoughts?
    09-30-12 04:09 AM
    Come on - there's loads of threads about this!
    Stewartj1 and BerryClever like this.
    09-30-12 04:15 AM
    BlackBerryOS.com - BlackBerry PlayBook OS Official OS 2.1 Coming Tomorrow, Oct 1?

This joke never runs old. Plus we'll be taking our Playbook's on the Antiques Roadshow before 2.1 lands.
    09-30-12 07:03 AM
    Here is the official announcement for Playbook OS updates.
    09-30-12 08:13 AM
    The thing is that even though i would love to have 2.1 on my tablet the date of the update was never announced so this is not like RIM is breaking its promises.
    BerryClever and Stewartj1 like this.
    09-30-12 12:32 PM
    The only thing more frustrating than RIM's lack of information is the amount of misinformation and disinformation on this forum.
    Barljo, Mr.Monty and mikeyb306 like this.
    09-30-12 12:58 PM
    I seriously doubt 2.1 will drop tomorrow. Everytime that site post something about an update coming,it never happens. Clewley says of 2.1 only that "We are focused" Anyway I really hope that I'm wrong.

Sent from my BlackBerry by choice using Tapatalk
    09-30-12 01:09 PM
    It looks like it's ready to go, since the development team has apparently been frozen on a release version for weeks.

Didn't expect it this past week with Jam and all (there were new SDKs and a Dev Alpha update released, remember).

Tuesday nights are traditional release windows. I'm expecting it this week.
    09-30-12 02:12 PM
    It looks like it's ready to go, since the development team has apparently been frozen on a release version for weeks.

Didn't expect it this past week with Jam and all (there were new SDKs and a Dev Alpha update released, remember).

Tuesday nights are traditional release windows. I'm expecting it this week.
    LOL..okay...Okay, only time will tell, time has been hard for the last year....
    09-30-12 02:17 PM
    I was having lunch with a mate of mine a good few weeks ago who works for a small firm that develops apps for smartphones. They have been developing for RIM gear for a long time but he said they had now dropped all development due to not being able to get any idea on RIM's delivery schedules. Just not reliable enough to plan against.

They are now solely android and iOS. When they started nearly five years ago they were 100% BlackBerry.
    09-30-12 03:54 PM
    The only thing I notice with the 2.1 beta is the ability to run multiple Android apps at once. There isn't really anything in the beta to get excited about, except for that...
    09-30-12 07:29 PM
    The only thing more frustrating than RIM's lack of information is the amount of misinformation and disinformation on this forum.
    Nahhh, what's more frustrating are the threads that pop about in regards to <insert OS number> and threaten to leave.

I wonder how many many people complain about the next OS having no idea what it will change.
    09-30-12 08:11 PM
    Whats new in the 2.1 anyways??
    10-01-12 01:54 AM
    It is coming October 21st 2121 lol.
    10-01-12 01:58 AM
    Whats new in the 2.1 anyways??

Better Android Runtime! Each Android app will now have its own separate window;

Bridge over Wifi too;

Bridge SMS;

Apps having access to the camera.

Those are the big changes that we are supposed to see...
    10-01-12 02:13 AM

Bridge over Wifi too;

Bridge SMS;

and there is a portrait mode in now available for all system apps

and more wifi security options, i was finally able to connect to my universities network with 2.1, wasnt possible with 2.0
    10-01-12 04:50 AM

Bridge over Wifi too;

Bridge SMS;

the one thing that puzzels me is that what benefits having bridge over WIFI? what is the point of bridging two devices if both devices can be join into the network at the same time. am I missing something here?

I just can't see it.
    10-01-12 11:30 PM
    the one thing that puzzels me is that what benefits having bridge over WIFI? what is the point of bridging two devices if both devices can be join into the network at the same time. am I missing something here?

I just can't see it.
    Bridge is for more than just the internet; contacts, calendar and e-mail. This would allow you and extended range beyond bluetooth, as long as both devices are on the same wi-fi network.
    10-01-12 11:40 PM
    Sharing WiFi will be useful if you are using a paid for hot spot - you will only need to pay for a hotspot connection for the Blackberry phone and can then piggy back the Playbook via Blackberry bridge.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-02-12 02:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD