I have just bought a playbook and so far I am very pleased with and that I came to the correct conclusion that much of the reviews were rather misinformed. Anyway the problem I now have is that I am trying to install onto the Playbook some talking books. I put them in the music folder but it seems the PB can't handle them it seems to break them up under different heading without the book title ie "unknown 02012012". I then tried to create a directory for them but it won't allow me - I dont have permission!. I also do not want the books mixed in with my music, anyone have any suggestions, or is this something Blackberry did not think about.
    01-02-12 12:43 PM
    If you created mp3 files, you will need to edit the internal mp3 tags to give them meaningful names. I _THINK_ you can do that with Windows' Explorer or Media Player. 'MUSIC' is presented by the internal info - album, composer, artist, genre, etc. As for keeping them separate, well, only by tagging and using the Music app.

I guess you could use something like the free Air Browser - a file manager. You can find the file(s) and play them using it. Not automated but direct access.
    Biker9999 likes this.
    01-02-12 05:05 PM
    Thanks thats great I have put the talking books in the Books directory and when I click on them it opens them for reading straight away and keeps them away from the music. The Air browser is really excellent can not imagine how the PB was launched without it.
    01-03-12 05:18 AM
    A number of folks don't understand how the PB did not have a native file manager.

There are some non-free 3rd party ones that have more features. But Air Browser is very good and does quite a lot.

You might check, some of the apps on the pb ignore folders and find files even in other folders - the Video app for instance finds my digital cameras video files even when they were in the Photo folder. So your books might show up in the music app but I'm not sure.

I wonder if air browser can open a playlist (m3u). You might be able to create a playlist of all of the book files but if they are big enough (long read), that might not matter for you to open each one manually.
    01-03-12 08:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD