I was just thinking it was suspicious that Kevin and team have not taken down the 9570 sub forum. If the device was cancelled I think they would have moved the threads back into the miscellaneous upcoming device sub forum. That alone may mean something is coming.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-10 04:01 PM
    good one engine so kevin whats up!
    10-19-10 05:34 PM
    yea but if they release this s3 (9570) and its basically similar to the torch specs why the F would they release another storm with LTE even 6 months later????? makes me think that the BB lte device wont be a part of the storm series, they may try to name it something catchy and having to do with the playbook i dunno this whole storm situation has got to give soon right???? lmao
    10-19-10 05:53 PM
    So I am so confused now. It is coming and now it isn't coming...

Sal - what do you make of this:

BlackBerry Storm 3 spotted in Verizon Wireless� system � Boy Genius Report
    i think by storm3 he may be referring to that prototype with the trackpad. i think that vzw is calling the 9570 the s3 because it's the third released storm. which if they release it, ill be a sucker and buy it putting a dent in my playbook savings
    10-19-10 06:05 PM
    yea but if they release this s3 (9570) and its basically similar to the torch specs why the F would they release another storm with LTE even 6 months later????? makes me think that the BB lte device wont be a part of the storm series, they may try to name it something catchy and having to do with the playbook i dunno this whole storm situation has got to give soon right???? lmao
    This Storm 3 would be positioned as a lower-end device, and the LTE version would be the high end (think Curve vs Bold)
    10-19-10 07:19 PM
    This Storm 3 would be positioned as a lower-end device, and the LTE version would be the high end (think Curve vs Bold)
    as much as I hate to think this that sounds dead on(if infact rim and verizon do that). The optimistic side in me was hoping the next storm is the one prototype that had the trackpad, to kinda say "hey previous storm users sorry we F'ed up heres the real deal" but who know because they to have a track record of refreshing the dog **** out of phones. But i would have to say as anxious as I am for the next storm, having the lte would be top notch experience when availible in most areas
    10-19-10 08:10 PM
    I think this is a fake, or an old pic. One of the posters on BGR pointed out that you could make the picture device say anything. I am even wondering if the QNX touch Screen device would even be called a Storm. We would have seen more about the 9570 by now. A few pictures leaked out a while ago and then silence.
    My feeling is the QNX OS touchscreen phone is the codenamed phone Triton, which will be the thin one, most likely the one in the picture with the trackpad. This will be the LTE phone with front facing camera and all the good stuff we are looking for spec wise.

The 9570, while it may be called the S3, will just be a non sure-press phone, still with the Storm name(still Odin codename). However, it's gonna have OS6 and maybe a lil better specs then the refresh we heard of(at least I'd hope)

This is all a complete guess, based on all the info we've read. Only problem is we haven't saw any leaks of the S3 Odin phone I was talking about, only the cancelled sure-press one, and it's suppose to be a month away. So mabye just maybe we will see the Triton and all get what we want. Again, it's just a guess and myself along with i'm sure everyone would pray that it's true.

It would just be very nice if we looked on crackberry in the coming days and we get a leaked pic of something more solid. Begging CX and Sal for info has never worked, if anyone has ever noticed? They will give info at their leisure or when they feel the need is there.
    10-19-10 08:24 PM
    i think RIM made it clear that OS6 wont be coming for storm2.... as for storm3? by making it a refresh model most of you out there will say oh RIM = fail. however if RIM throw in a new OS into S3 aks odin refresh on the launch day... and addon say S2 will be eligible for the OS upgrade, RIM = win. That will produce a new line probably toward QNX and playbook.

I still don't think surepress is out.. a storm without a surepress is never a storm.

ok i just crapping. good day.
    10-20-10 01:53 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD