Anyone think this could be because QNX OS for the storm3 could be going better than planned?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-10 12:56 AM
    Too quick IMO. LTE being added makes more sense.
    10-08-10 01:22 AM
    100% no way.
    10-08-10 04:21 AM
    Maybe cause it was nothing more than a "current" storm with 512 memory for the same price as any other "Top of the Line" phone out there.
    10-08-10 06:04 AM
    Maybe cause it was nothing more than a "current" storm with 512 memory for the same price as any other "Top of the Line" phone out there.
    DING! DING! DING! We have a winner!
    10-08-10 06:20 AM
    Maybe because it would be competing with a 4G iPhone on VZW. If you could call it competition.

10-08-10 07:19 AM
    Maybe because it would be competing with a 4G iPhone on VZW. If you could call it competition.

I'm still having trouble believing the whole "Verizon iPhone" thing. It's possible I guess. It seems like every year though, around this time, these rumors surface.
    10-08-10 07:24 AM
    I'm still having trouble believing the whole "Verizon iPhone" thing. It's possible I guess. It seems like every year though, around this time, these rumors surface.
    Let's just say that VZW has told their vendors that handle telephone # transfers to expect a very high volume in January. Like a few million a week or more.

Now ask yourself, "Self? What new device could anyone possibly expect to sell a few million in a weekend or even a week?"

10-08-10 07:33 AM
    Haha well thanks for all the opinions, just wanted to know if this idea could be realistic

10-08-10 10:20 AM
    This isn't the reason the 9570 was cancelled.
    Could be the QNX software.
    Could be LTE.
    Could be a Verizon iPhone.

But it's not because the 9570 is just a simple upgrade or refresh of the 9550. If you really think that then explain the 9780? Now the 97XX isn't on Verizon, but rumor says that RIM actually cancelled the 9570 even after Verizon denied it, or so we think.

Isn't the 9780 just a memory and camera upgrade?
    The 9700 is slated to get BlackBerry 6, while the 9550 was left out.
    So really it makes more sense to cancel the 9780 because what will that add from the 9700? The 9570 would have at least brought BlackBerry 6 to the Storm series.

There could be many reasons why the 9570 was cancelled, but your reason is just plain wrong...
    10-08-10 11:22 AM
    Let's just say that VZW has told their vendors that handle telephone # transfers to expect a very high volume in January. Like a few million a week or more.

Now ask yourself, "Self? What new device could anyone possibly expect to sell a few million in a weekend or even a week?"

That would make a lot of sense. Working with a little inside info maybe?
    Could be LTE.

But it's not because the 9570 is just a simple upgrade or refresh of the 9550. If you really think that then explain the 9780? Now the 97XX isn't on Verizon, but rumor says that RIM actually cancelled the 9570 even after Verizon denied it, or so we think.

So really it makes more sense to cancel the 9780 because what will that add from the 9700? The 9570 would have at least brought BlackBerry 6 to the Storm series.

There could be many reasons why the 9570 was cancelled, but your reason is just plain wrong...
    Could be that the phone fairy has decided to release the super LTE capable Storm 9 with the 1.2 terahertz processor!
    Last edited by 67Tucker; 10-08-10 at 04:28 PM.
    10-08-10 04:26 PM
    Could be that the phone fairy has decided to release the super LTE capable Storm 9 with the 1.2 terahertz processor! [/QUOTE]

I did read that in last months issue of Phone Fairy!!
    10-08-10 04:35 PM
    Could be LTE.

Ok, I see and you have proof your reasons are "plain right", whatever.

Yours, as is mine, is no more than pure "speculation", except I'm not stupid enough to say yours is wrong when clearly it's "opinion and speculation" until Verizon releases something in writing (which will prolly never happen) proving otherwise.
    Last edited by JoelTruckerDude; 10-10-10 at 09:04 AM. Reason: punctuation
    10-09-10 05:17 AM
    The number of "Armchair CEO's" on this site continue to astound me.
    10-09-10 05:18 AM
    The number of "Armchair CEO's" on this site continue to astound me.
    You're sitting right there beside the rest of us...
    10-09-10 07:28 AM
    Could be that the phone fairy has decided to release the super LTE capable Storm 9 with the 1.2 terahertz processor!

I did read that in last months issue of Phone Fairy!! [/QUOTE]

This is more plausible than the the new OS being ahead of schedule. Coupled with the fact that 9570 was a nothing more than a repeat of the craptastic S2 with more memory, it was laughable at best.
    10-09-10 07:35 AM
    ^^Took the words outta my mouth.
    10-09-10 12:49 PM
    You're sitting right there beside the rest of us...
    What was that, "wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah"

There goes that voice from "Peanuts" again.
    10-09-10 12:52 PM
    I sure hope the cancelation of this device means RIM is going back to the drawing board with their touchscreen devices. I think they made a good move with the Torch touch screen, they just need to improve upon it.
    10-10-10 05:43 PM
    Come on playas! We know better than this...

When we announced RIM was working on a new LTE Storm and its specs, some of the MODS here said "well isn't that obvious" and put us down for it.

The new OS that my source saw on the phone is the same one in the PLAYBOOK. And the specs are almost identical.

What I can't believe is that BB actually tried making a "Storm Refresh" so close to the LTE version release, but I guess Verizon and RIM changed their minds. (for good).

YES, Verizon is indeed getting the iPhone this time and that's why is being more picky with its phones too.

Simple stuff

And I'm soooo excited about the iPhone on Verizon! **** YOU AT&T and your horrendous phone service and costumer service!

10-10-10 09:49 PM

When we announced RIM was working on a new LTE Storm and its specs, some of the MODS here said "well isn't that obvious" and put us down for it.

The new OS that my source saw on the phone is the same one in the PLAYBOOK. And the specs are almost identical.

What I can't believe is that BB actually tried making a "Storm Refresh" so close to the LTE version release, but I guess Verizon and RIM changed their minds. (for good).

YES, Verizon is indeed getting the iPhone this time and that's why is being more picky with its phones too.

Simple stuff

And I'm soooo excited about the iPhone on Verizon! **** YOU AT&T and your horrendous phone service and costumer service!

Glad to hear this from you!!!

Can't wait for this LTE storm with playbook OS!! Are we expecting Jan-Mar release date maybe?

Sal, you just made my day, lol (My storm 2 is falling apart... software and hardware lol)
    10-10-10 11:49 PM

Simple stuff

So are you saying I'm not that crazy for what I said in my first post?

10-11-10 09:56 AM
    So are you saying I'm not that crazy for what I said in my first post?

No you are not!

But the Storm 3 isn't coming out for at least 5 more months or 6. (at least that was the plan back then when the "refresh" version wasn't even mentioned.

RIM had to give Verizon a new phone this year aside from the 9330 but they weren't ready with the Storm 3, and that's why they tried pushing the Refresh, but I guess Verizon said no to that one.

I've seen RIM/Verizon delaying phones, never releasing before than expected so I wouldn't get to excited just yet.

There's always a first time for everything tho
    10-11-10 10:02 AM
    Ok, I see and you have proof your reasons are "plain right", whatever.

Yours, as is mine, is no more than pure "speculation", except I'm not stupid enough to say yours is wrong when clearly it's "opinion and speculation" until Verizon releases something in writing (which will prolly never happen) proving otherwise.
    Did you not read my post that you quoted? I actually provided some reasoning as to why you're wrong. I provided facts and questions to prove my opinion and speculation. What did you provide in your vague response?

What about the question I asked in my first post? If the 9570 is just a simple refresh then what about the 9780 that is even less of a refresh from the 9700? How do you explain RIM keeping the 9780 but dumping the 9570? Oh and I never said I was "plain right" I provided possibilities as to the reason of it, and reasoning as to why you were just plain wrong.

I'm sticking to my first post, that your comment "nothing more than a camera and memory upgrade" is just plain wrong. It has zero information to back it up. Usually when someone has an opinion they use something to back it up, you know, make it more believable. You had none of that...

10-11-10 10:15 AM
    No you are not!

But the Storm 3 isn't coming out for at least 5 more months or 6. (at least that was the plan back then when the "refresh" version wasn't even mentioned.

RIM had to give Verizon a new phone this year aside from the 9330 but they weren't ready with the Storm 3, and that's why they tried pushing the Refresh, but I guess Verizon said no to that one.

I've seen RIM/Verizon delaying phones, never releasing before than expected so I wouldn't get to excited just yet.

There's always a first time for everything tho
    That timeline has me thinking time to go Android. Maybe a Storm 4 or 5 will follow that up for me. My S1 is near dead and so is my Wife's. Just need a good BOGO deal on VZW.
    10-11-10 11:31 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD