Will this be my first exclusive (lol) find over the Internet ?

Well, folks, I've been scanning DLNA.org for weeks ... and until today ... nothing.
    YET, my fishing basket is filled with this ... AND I LOVE IT !
    RIM wasn't listed before ... and now it IS !!!! (meaning that RIM joined the alliance)

Last edited by Superfly_FR; 02-15-12 at 02:51 AM.
    02-15-12 02:48 AM
    hope this is a positive sign re: blackberry tv and it's imminent release...
    that would be SICK!!!!
    02-15-12 03:21 AM
    Another pic from DLNA.org
    02-15-12 05:59 AM
    I would love my playbook even more with ANY DLNA functionality. I dont have a DLNA TV, so hoping that I can play my DLNA shared media on my playbook and hook it up to my TV via HDMI.
    02-15-12 06:43 AM
    I would love my playbook even more with ANY DLNA functionality. I dont have a DLNA TV, so hoping that I can play my DLNA shared media on my playbook and hook it up to my TV via HDMI.
    Playbook as a DLNA HUB with your phone as a remote ... great, isn't it ?
    02-15-12 10:52 AM
    Woo hoo!!!!!

I remember DLNA was promoted last year as a feature coming to the PB... and I've been eagerly anticipating it. I too had checked on dlna.org a few weeks back and RIM wasn't there so I kinda got a lil discouraged it wouldn't be included in OS 2.0 but thx to this thread, I now know my fears were for nought.

Thanks, SuperFly from France!... or should I say merci beaucoups!!!!!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-15-12 11:29 AM
    Good find! Hope it pertains to the Playbook and OS2!
    02-15-12 12:38 PM
    Good find! Hope it pertains to the Playbook and OS2!
    I've been a lot speculating over this with both the announced video store and rumored "multimedia on the air", that could have used some proprietary protocols.
    Now, since I see RIM as a DLNA member and the fact that it is a technically wise choice (no add-on, no box, compatible with most recent multimedia devices) I take the risk to say ... it will ! (read the nuance here, "will" does not necessarily means "in the first release of OS 2.0")

Edit : I got [Speculated] . Fair enough: should have done myself at first
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 02-15-12 at 01:02 PM.
    02-15-12 12:46 PM
    02-15-12 02:07 PM

Edit : I got [Speculated] . Fair enough: should have done myself at first
    Looks like you got promoted to front page status. Great job!!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-15-12 03:00 PM
    any chance this comes with OS2 as a 'surprise'?
    02-15-12 03:00 PM
    any chance this comes with OS2 as a 'surprise'?
    NO CHANCE this comes with OS2
    02-15-12 03:26 PM
    You know this for sure... how?
    02-15-12 03:28 PM
    ..................I think you may be in the wrong forum....

http://forums.androidcentral.com
    02-15-12 04:44 PM
    Whether it is coming with OS2 or not, it is nice to know this is coming down the pipe.

Great find OP!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-15-12 05:16 PM
    Looks like you got promoted to front page status. Great job!!
    "She" is a PlayBook, of course - Thanks Bla1ze for the credit
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0yoiBYbT2I[/YT]
    02-15-12 05:36 PM
    maybe someone can hint tweet saunders i dont have a account?
    02-15-12 05:55 PM
    maybe someone can hint tweet saunders i dont have a account?
    Done earlier (this morning in FR), no comment yet ...
    stephaneldugas likes this.
    02-15-12 06:10 PM
    it's on 7.1.0.258 for the 9810!

In media player there's now a music server option. When turned on it is seen as a media server to DLNA compliant systems. Note in the attached image the new server icon in the upper right of my screen!

then again, this could be way off.

Thanks to d.roc for finding this setting. see his pic of the settings screen as well.
    02-15-12 06:25 PM

In media player there's now a music server option. When turned on it is seen as a media server to DLNA compliant systems. Note in the attached image the new server icon in the upper right of my screen!

Thanks to d.roc for finding this setting. see his pic of the settings screen as well.
    I want that stuff on my 9900 !!!
    BrizzadMan likes this.
    02-15-12 06:28 PM

That is what I am talking about
    02-15-12 07:18 PM
    You know this for sure... how?
    R u serious... we are talkin about the blackberry laybook here..that still doesn't have freakin ajtocorrect yet....and you think dlna...i mean dlna...really.
    02-15-12 07:28 PM
    R u serious... we are talkin about the blackberry laybook here..that still doesn't have freakin ajtocorrect yet....and you think dlna...i mean dlna...really.
    Dont underestimate QNX, found a PDF (http://www.qnx.com/news/events/germa...n_marineau.pdf) where the QNX timeline says they investigating DLNA, also found a few open source projects for DLNA servers and clients that are designed for posix systems, QNX being posix compliant should make DLNA on QNX very easy to do.
    02-16-12 01:13 AM
    Dont underestimate QNX, found a PDF (http://www.qnx.com/news/events/germa...n_marineau.pdf) where the QNX timeline says they investigating DLNA, also found a few open source projects for DLNA servers and clients that are designed for posix systems, QNX being posix compliant should make DLNA on QNX very easy to do.
    DLNA is nothing but a standard, making sure Upnp (device, AV) devices are using the same set of instructions to communicate over IP and HTTP (with a stack of protection named DTCP-IP). As I may have stated before, these protocols are needed for the movie store. So basically, the job is already almost done.
    Do not feed bb.pl, he loves his keyboard too much, sometimes.
    02-16-12 02:47 AM
    DLNA is nothing but a standard, making sure Upnp (device, AV) devices are using the same set of instructions to communicate over IP and HTTP (with a stack of protection named DTCP-IP). As I may have stated before, these protocols are needed for the movie store. So basically, the job is already almost done.
    Do not feed bb.pl, he loves his keyboard too much, sometimes.
    Where did you find that the movie store need the DLNA protocols? Thats very cool.
    02-16-12 02:50 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD