Okay I've noticed this when my playbook is put on charge mostly. You know how usually to turn the playbook on from standard by you swipe up from the bezel. Well when I put it on charge. What happens is even if I touch the bezel it will turn on. Not even a swipe. Just a touch.

It's so annoying if I'm just putting my playbook away getting ready to sleep. I have to reach for it and put it on stand by again. It's annoying. Restarting it fixes it but restarting takes awhile.

Also the irs charging indication on the battery is still there after I unplug it until I restart.

Anyone know any fixes for this?
    05-08-12 02:22 AM
    Known issue. It's all over this forum. Some people's screens screw up when they are charging. Some even do a dance and open all their apps for them.
    05-08-12 02:39 AM
    I guess its something to do with the voltage...

The other day I had put my playbook for charging in a train which gave a haunted feel to my playbook ... all my apps were opening automatically, my menu bar was moving up and down... The moment I removed my playbook from charge the ghost dispersed

It charges fine though if i charge it at home or office...

I think its to do with voltage fluctuation.
    Last edited by cavemen; 05-08-12 at 04:12 AM.
    05-08-12 04:09 AM
    100% is voltage problem, you charged your Playbook with low voltage charger or you are using netbook USB to charge your pb.
    05-08-12 04:33 AM
    Are you using the OEM charger? The PlayBook touchscreen seems very susceptible to interference. One of my (crappy) USB chargers will cause it to go nuts, probably due to poor shielding. You shouldn't have issues if you use an original charger.
    05-08-12 07:40 AM
    OP is likely using a charger with a higher ampere rating than the BlackBerry normally expects. This has been widely reported on this forum spanning many months.
    05-08-12 10:54 AM
    Mine was 100% fine with the stock USB PlayBook original charger, until I did a software reload via Desktop Manager. Now when I charge it it goes berserk, opening apps and keying in rubbish when I try to unlock it with my password.

Hopefully that'll be fixed after RMA.
    05-08-12 03:01 PM
    OP is likely using a charger with a higher ampere rating than the BlackBerry normally expects. This has been widely reported on this forum spanning many months.
    Thank God it's not just me then. And I'm using the original charger that came with the playbook. And the issues stay even after I've unplugged it. Only after I restart it is when it goes back to normal.
    05-08-12 11:51 PM
    Okay I've noticed this when my playbook is put on charge mostly. You know how usually to turn the playbook on from standard by you swipe up from the bezel. Well when I put it on charge. What happens is even if I touch the bezel it will turn on. Not even a swipe. Just a touch.
    I'm not sure what everyone else is talking about, but that's the way it's supposed to be- any touch on the screen while charging will wake it up- so there is no "fix". The bezel swipe to wake it up is only when on battery power. This has been true since OS2 was released.
    peter9477 likes this.
    05-09-12 12:14 AM
    happening also to me, using the HP Touchpad charger (2000 mA)
    05-14-12 03:01 PM
    What's with all this "amperage too high" and "definitely a voltage issue" stuff?!

I think most of you are looking only at the thread title and jumping to conclusions, without actually reading his post, or you're somehow reading much into that post which isn't apparent to me. He's not describing the "touch controller goes wild" issue or "screen goes crazy"... just that it wakes up without requiring the full swipe.

OP, as pacoman03 says, the wakes-on-a-touch is by design and normal. (Note that it's not, however, a "bezel" swipe. Merely swiping across more than about 75% of the screen is sufficient, even if you never touch the bezel area.)

I don't know what the other issue is, with the charging indicator "stuck" until you restart. First time I've heard of it anyway...
    05-14-12 03:20 PM
    i meant the charging indicator stuck until reboot
    happens a 20% of times on me
    05-14-12 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD