Hi everyone, I've been lurking CB for a while now but have recently made an account.

I'm looking to get a QNX powered device but I'm a bit confused about the transition to QNX. I've heard two different versions and not sure which one is more accurate:

1. OS 6.0 -> OS7 -> QNX
    2. OS 6.0 -> OS7 (QNX)

so which is it? is OS7 the final BBOS or is it OS6?
    11-25-10 02:04 PM
    QNX is a whole new platform of its own. For how they go about naming it yet is unknown. With QNX there will be a lot more native integration and less emphasis on putting out new OSs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-10 02:34 PM
    doesnt anyone know when we are going to say h*ly sh*it as far as a phone from rim see weve said it with the playbook know one can deny that when are we going to say it with a phone ?
    11-25-10 02:49 PM
    Hi everyone, I've been lurking CB for a while now but have recently made an account.

I'm looking to get a QNX powered device but I'm a bit confused about the transition to QNX. I've heard two different versions and not sure which one is more accurate:

1. OS 6.0 -> OS7 -> QNX
    2. OS 6.0 -> OS7 (QNX)

so which is it? is OS7 the final BBOS or is it OS6?
    We can't be sure either way, you could even have an interim release, os6.5 say, being the bridge between os6 and qnx.
    sston011 likes this.
    11-25-10 04:08 PM
    QNX is now a subsidiary of RIM that is designing the next OS, which is being called QNX because it doesn't have an official name.
    sston011 likes this.
    11-25-10 04:38 PM
    OS 7 sort of makes sense
    When Apple rebuilt nearly their entire OS on top of OpenStep, the just called it Mac OS 10 (which shortens to the roman numeral X)
    7 is VII in roman numerals, meaning we could call OS 7 "Blackberry VII", with "VII pronounced 'Vee'/'Veye' (as in pee/as in eye)
    11-25-10 04:45 PM
    Since the latest os from RIM is Blackberry 6, I would expect the next smartphone OS to be named Blackberry 7.
    11-25-10 06:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD