This. It amazes me how many people fail to realize this concept. Especially considering that iOS and Android were in development for over 3 years before they were released and that was in that original form not including the 4+ years of refinements. RIM is going from 0 to where iOS and Android have come in over 7 years of development and has so far taken only 2.5 years to do it. Of course, RIM put itself in this position, but my point is it's doing a hellva lot to right the ship in short time.
    Android is based on Unix/Linux, as is everything Apple creates (OSX etc) so making it look good is hardly a difficult task.
    BB10 again is not built from scratch.
    The problem is, when you dont have alot of money or your bank account isnt ticking over, things become a little tight.
    09-28-12 07:59 AM
    ssssshhhhh - I told you not to tell them!! And I didn't say I knew s.b. worked in Canada, but that I heard there's some people working in Canada at the Niagara Rim.

So, sorry for OT. But the thread question is quite unanswerable.

Ray
    I'm sorry I just needed the change
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-28-12 08:00 AM
    I'm not sure I believe all the stuff about BB10 - it is like smoke and mirrors, always previewing and showing features and very little real actually done. Hopefully I'm wrong but they behave like they're waiting for a takeover.
    The first time they showed it, yeah, it was all smoke and mirrors, this time though, there are videos of non-RIM employees playing with the devices and showing the functionality in action (a'la CB Team playing with the camera, bbm, etc.). RIM's come a long ways from last year, and the real pieces are now being shown, candidly. I think the os is way further along and ridiculously close to ready (it darned well better be...).

the next few months are going to go by very, very slowly for this enthusiast...
    09-28-12 08:10 AM
    Clewley said they been busy with BB Jam and that they didn't forget 2.1 I'm with Thunderbuck on this one
    This makes it sound like Clewley is the only person doing anything.
    We been busy setting up tables and chairs but I will get 2.1 done after this.
    TheScionicMan likes this.
    09-28-12 08:14 AM
    Well, all I know is RIM is obviously conspiring to make me more productive at work. I was a deadline demon Monday so I could have a little time to mess with 2.1 on Tuesday LOL. So here comes another productive Monday, eh? 2.1 will come.

I appreciate all the good thoughts here. Rim really does deserve credit for the work it has taken to turn this thing around. I have often wondered what it would be like to work on a RIM development team, giving it your all, knowing it is brilliant, aware of all the discouragement in the CrackBerry Nation, yet can't say a word.

That is why a trail of bread crumbs .. er pic and vid leaks ... keep us going and are a smart idea. And you can bet RIM will make sure there are some suprises in BB10. People didn't really like it that they knew everything about the iPhone 5 before release.
    Stewartj1 and uaisol like this.
    09-28-12 08:26 AM
    i just got a update alert for mobile fusion including BDS with OTA for the playbook.
    09-28-12 10:57 AM
    what does BDS mean?
    09-28-12 11:23 AM
    i just got a update alert for mobile fusion including BDS with OTA for the playbook.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what have you said?

Mobilie fusion?

BDS?

OTA?

I don't know those technical terms ^^
    09-28-12 11:24 AM
    what does BDS mean?
    BlackBerry Device Service - it is for BlackBerry PlayBooks and the "soon" to be released BlackBerry 10 smartphones. But initially it will require separate server or virtual machine and is not fully integrated into BlackBerry Enterprise Server. A future release is suppose to fully integrate BES, BDS, and UDS but that remains to be proven. We only have an announcement or leaked document about a product called BES 10 I think is the name.
    09-28-12 11:28 AM
    Why is it that every wild baseless idea that pops into someone's head now has to become a thread?

Don't believe everything you think...
    madman0141 and diegonei like this.
    09-28-12 11:42 AM
    Why is it that every wild baseless idea that pops into someone's head now has to become a thread?

Don't believe everything you think...
    Because it's called COMMUNICATING and this is a FORUM FOR COMMUNICATION. Just like I'm doing now and what you've been doing also for over 5000 posts. Who made you master of communication anyhow? You always have a choice to ignore threads/posts anyhow. Just like I'm going to ignore anything you post from here on out...
    09-28-12 12:49 PM
    Because it's called COMMUNICATING and this is a FORUM FOR COMMUNICATION. Just like I'm doing now and what you've been doing also for over 5000 posts. Who made you master of communication anyhow? You always have a choice to ignore threads/posts anyhow. Just like I'm going to ignore anything you post from here on out...
    Well said. I come here to read everyone's thoughts and ideas. It drives me crazy when folks set them selfs up as post police.

Posted from My Mobile App
    world saviour likes this.
    09-28-12 12:58 PM
    I never thought I would see such violence here by an army of paperpushers backed by retail sales clerks.
    world saviour likes this.
    09-28-12 01:30 PM
    If i needed to justify my thread(which i don't since this is an open forum), i was just asking you guys, that perhaps were in touch with the BB Jam, if theres was any info available about 2.1.

TO ME,seems logical that the next OS(for the PB) will only be the BB10, but if it is only predicted to come after the phones launch, perhaps RIM will push 2.1 to fill the gap.

But this is just pure especulation, since i live far from that world and the only info i gather about this subject is here with you and occasionally at a tech web page.

So, this another thread asking about 2.1. Got my answer. Thank you
    09-28-12 01:51 PM
    2.1 will release next Tuesday, 10/2.

Reverse that date as 2 then 01, discard the then insignificant 0, concatenate the two back together with a period, et voila, 2.1!
    PedroBorgas, FF22 and Stewartj1 like this.
    09-28-12 09:05 PM
    Coming soon.

OS 2.1
    Theme Builder for OS7.

Now silence.

Nothing has changed.

And so it goes..

Tim
    FF22 likes this.
    09-28-12 09:10 PM
    Coming soon.

OS 2.1
    Theme Builder for OS7.

Now silence.

Nothing has changed.

And so it goes..

Tim

Coming soon or shortly?
    09-28-12 09:14 PM
    I'm not sure I believe all the stuff about BB10 - it is like smoke and mirrors, always previewing and showing features and very little real actually done. Hopefully I'm wrong but they behave like they're waiting for a takeover.
    Wait, what? Smoke and mirrors?

Is that what's making my Dev Alpha do all the very cool stuff it's been doing since I upgraded it to 10.0.9 at the BB Jam Americas?

I have to confess I'm astounded that RIM could be faking everything that I see in this baby, to the extent that I thought it was real code, actually running on this device, and not simply a canned demo.

(Seriously though, do you honestly not believe that BB10 is real, though still unfinished, given what developers with Dev Alphas are taking about the last few days?)
    09-28-12 10:18 PM
    I don't understand why pb won't be able to get bb10 at the same time when phone is released.
    Is it a big thing for RIM?
    Eh, sort of might be, but as many say I'd rather have them take their time no matter what, and for that reason I think it is a bit pointless to speculate the date at which 10 will release to PB.

Partially to your point [and others] though, we all have a different idea of what the "same time period" means: If some says "yeah it'll come out at the same time!" does that mean that it is coming out the same second, minute, hour, day, month, quarter, year, decade, et cetera... Because I can say it is coming out the same time and be correct if I am refering to Q1 2013
    09-29-12 11:18 AM
    If you check the html5test.com you will see that BlackBerry10 is already on the PlayBook internally. As for 2.1 The PlayBook's product manager said it is still coming. He said this on the last day of the Jam so I'm inclined to believe him. Not to mention 2.1 is the only PlayBook OS compatible with the recently released mobile fusion.
    digitalman101 likes this.
    09-29-12 11:35 AM
    Just spotted this on twitter - still no ETA, but at least it's still happening
    PedroBorgas likes this.
    09-30-12 04:15 AM
    not sure this is in another thread but over at bbos website they are reporting the update may drop tomorrow. dont know what info this is based on mind you.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    PedroBorgas likes this.
    09-30-12 04:25 AM
    not sure this is in another thread but over at bbos website they are reporting the update may drop tomorrow. dont know what info this is based on mind you.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    Actually, my friend that works at RIM and is involved in this project confirmed it will drop after tomorrow.

snapexp likes this.
    09-30-12 06:00 AM
    Actually, my friend that works at RIM and is involved in this project confirmed it will drop after tomorrow.

snapexp, JeepBB, sagec and 9 others like this.
    09-30-12 11:53 AM
    Stewartj1 and anon(3641385) like this.
    09-30-12 01:09 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD