Hi guys, I'll apologize for my English, I know that this is very bad

So, I have a question: why is there still no Skype client for the playbook? If Microsoft is not going to release it, why no one writes it based on Skype Kit? https://dev.skype.com/skypekit
    We can write a wrapper over Skype Kit library, create an interface based on QML and release application. I haven't yet found out the Skype Kit price, but earlier the price for personal use (if you register as a developer) was $5. Developer key is valid for 60 days, so we can distribute the application as source code, and anyone who wants to have Skype on the PlayBook, he would have to register themselves Skype Kit and compile the application with his own key.

What do you think about this? I am ready to participate in the development as C++/Qt and JS/QML programmer.

Cheers, efg.
    04-11-13 06:47 PM
    Talk to xsacha for the QT part and probably every other part...
    04-11-13 07:20 PM
    I like this guy!! Although I fear if it were possible we would of had it already.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    04-11-13 07:27 PM
    maybe it will come with os10? i realy hope it
    04-12-13 07:25 AM
    I'm pretty sure SkypeKit was brought up before on these forums, and there was some reason or other given (I think by xsacha, but not completely sure) as to why it would not work unfortunately.
    04-12-13 07:40 AM
    by default BlackBerry Playbook has an excellent and superior to Skype video chat software.

no professional will buy that there might be a hard - or software related reason
    which prevents RIM crossing the border into video communication with anyone.

these funkin' arrogant Canadian bostords shall explain themselves on this issue first
    prior anybody starts on wasting his and our time on looking and discussing alternatives
    on and on again.

Damian
    Attached Thumbnails Skype on PlayBook?-pbvideochatsoftware.jpg  
    04-13-13 02:31 PM
    No Skype -Playbook sh1t
    05-05-13 04:40 AM
    calm the f down were canadian cb is canadian
    05-08-13 09:13 AM
    On the Apps for Playbook I see "IM+ Pro for Playbook which includes Skype!!!
    Can anyone please inform me if this works or is any good ???
    05-13-13 05:40 PM
    On the Apps for Playbook I see "IM+ Pro for Playbook which includes Skype!!!
    Can anyone please inform me if this works or is any good ???
    Skype IM. Not audio/video. I've been waiting for Skype on PB since I bought it at release... It's not like it was advertised with Skype or anything... Oh wait. It was.
    playbook_swiper1 likes this.
    05-13-13 05:45 PM
    Hope for next Blackberry Tabs
    06-18-13 03:55 AM
    This is from an old (2011/2012) thread: (searched for "skypekit")
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ypekit-626456/

More specifically: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1...mobile-devices
    "Can I use SkypeKit to develop applications for mobile devices?

At present, you cannot use SkypeKit to develop applications for mobile devices. This is because, unlike standard devices and desktop applications, mobile devices interact with mobile phone network operators in ways that are difficult to predict.

Until we work out the details of our policy with carriers and mobile handsets, our development and distribution agreements prohibit the use of SkypeKit in mobile devices."

Hi guys, I'll apologize for my English, I know that this is very bad

So, I have a question: why is there still no Skype client for the playbook? If Microsoft is not going to release it, why no one writes it based on Skype Kit? https://dev.skype.com/skypekit
    We can write a wrapper over Skype Kit library, create an interface based on QML and release application. I haven't yet found out the Skype Kit price, but earlier the price for personal use (if you register as a developer) was $5. Developer key is valid for 60 days, so we can distribute the application as source code, and anyone who wants to have Skype on the PlayBook, he would have to register themselves Skype Kit and compile the application with his own key.

What do you think about this? I am ready to participate in the development as C++/Qt and JS/QML programmer.

Cheers, efg.
    06-18-13 06:15 AM