ok im new to blackberry and playbook. Just bought one for my wife b day. Im a android user who is experienced with rooting, editing system files etc. im trying to do is sign apps to side load to pb and get them to run both native bars and also some apks converted im trying to install.. So far i have done about 3 or 4 tutorials on signing apps, getting keys, installing everything i can find(blackberry tablet os sdk, android sdk, java runtime, adobe air sdk and some other sdk i can remember) im getting stuck when i use the blackberry os graphical aid tool, and others. The steps where i get stuck are not solutioned anywhere on the forum just people saying "just use apk-bar online converter" which isnt a real solution for me cause i used that and sideloaded a app via the bbh tool (ddpb doesnt connect to my playbook either gives me java error)

main issues....
    1. adobe air sdk is a zip file when i unzip there isnt a exe or anything to run or setup just a bunch of various files. (downloaded from a link provided in one of the tuts about signing.
    2. when following the eclipse tut, after downloading and installing it, the exe opens and says a Java runtime envirment is needed... i already dl the win 7 of it and rebooted my pc.

im mainly just trying to get apps to work via side load. ive read that the playbook is able to install googleplay/martket? is that on the drawing board for the latest update 2.1.0.......?
    any help is apreciated and please i may be a noob but i spent the last 3 days non stop reading all these tuts very carefully, so be nice.
    10-12-12 08:36 AM
    I am pretty sure apk2bar will work with any of the BlackBerry SDKs. I use it all the time and it works great, but when I originally set it up I already had the webworks, adobe air and BlackBerry Tablet SDKs installed on my machine. You are just using the SDK for the BlackBerry-deploy, keytool, packager and signer.

It might be possible to just install those parts and have it working. But again, I'm not sure because I had all of that a long time before apk 2 bar came out.
    10-12-12 09:02 AM
    Ok I checked, yeah you don't need to be screwing with the air, or any other BlackBerry SDKs. Are you using apk2bar-HaTaX? If so it comes with the stuff you need from the BlackBerry SDK. All you should need to download is apk2bar and the Android sdk.
    10-12-12 09:06 AM
    is apk2bar-hatax the same tool as the online apk2bar converter? if it isnt ill look for a link for it and try it out.

edit.
    i found this tut on the installation of apk2barhatax is this still accurate? http://forums.crackberry.com/android...asy-do-675260/
    Last edited by chairsz; 10-12-12 at 09:38 AM.
    10-12-12 09:27 AM
    Yes those are accurate. But I would make one addition to them. Once you have everything set up. Go into the apk2bar folder and create a new folder named "apks" then when you go to convert an apk put them in that new folder. For some reason, a lot of people, myself included, couldn't take an apk file from another directory and convert it. Also, what will happen is you will get a .bar file once you convert the apk file, and then you will get a .lsv file once you sign the newly made bar. All of those files will appear in that "apks" folder for easier management.
    10-12-12 09:53 AM
    i tried follwing that guide but too many inconsistencys so i followed this guide again after dl more sdks...
    How to sign, convert and install Android files for your BlackBerry PlayBook using Windows or Mac | CrackBerry.com

it worked as far as registering my rdk and pbdt files but when i go to the next step in tuttoria to sign an bar file, the tool says my sdk path is incorrect, makes no sense as you cant register the files without having the correct sdk paths i the first place. (webworks sdk, tablet sdk and android sdk paths) also the bbht tool shows that my debug token is located in appdata/local storage in my pc but when i browse there i cant find it.
    10-13-12 10:50 AM
    got the graphic tool to sign and install bars and convert apks, took alot if fiddling around and works when it wants. For now im going to install bars from goodreader which are already converted, then if i really need a specific app imma use the graphic tool or something to sign it. toodles.
    10-15-12 06:39 PM