using a few sideloaded android apps (groupme, words with friends, imdb, flixter) and they are so unstable and buggy. i know im on a beta (6149), but i just want to make sure os2 wont be like this! words with friends freezes 50% of the time i am trying to use it, andni get a message asking to force close or wait. does anyone else have these problems?!
    12-30-11 11:41 PM
    That's why it is called a developer beta.
    12-31-11 12:39 AM
    There is not certainly that the android apps will work or work as intended. Only the ones that are submitted into appworld should be expected to work correctly.
    app_Developer likes this.
    12-31-11 05:17 AM
    There is not certainly that the android apps will work or work as intended. Only the ones that are submitted into appworld should be expected to work correctly.
    Not to be negative but even then we may not be able to expect them to work correcly. Unfortunately a lot of buggy crappy apps get approved through app world too.

If the apps are simply submitted and not properly tested first then I am sure we are in for some real disappointment.
    01-01-12 07:13 AM
    t
    Not to be negative but even then we may not be able to expect them to work correcly. Unfortunately a lot of buggy crappy apps get approved through app world too.

If the apps are simply submitted and not properly tested first then I am sure we are in for some real disappointment.
    Not to be too positive, but aren't you putting the cart before the horse. OS2 has not even been released yet and you are complaining that the incidence of developer error and incompetence has increased.

Your view doesn't, in any way, have a bearing on howarmat's contention that people are experiencing problems in OS2 because it is meant for developers to test their products.

I may be sticking my neck out here, but I don't think that the average "sideloader" is adjusting the app's Android code in cases where it needs to be tweaked in order to run properly on RIM's OS. But there is no doubt that real developers are doing so.
    01-01-12 08:09 AM
    Well in fact I am not complaining, perhaps you should not be so sensitive and defensive.

I am stating my opinion based on my personal observations.

There are already Android apps in appworld that I believe have not been submitted by the developer but by a publisher - Handster. I have only tried two, one was really good but the other was crap. I doubt that either of these were "tweaked" to run on the playbook and I doubt that many will be. This is the basis for my opinion, if you don't like it ... meh~
    01-01-12 08:57 AM
    just be thankful and lucky SOME OF THEM DO WORK! too bad the nhl game center videos don't work!

i find angry birds HD works perfectly so far alltho i do think its a really stupid game!
    01-01-12 09:56 AM
    Well in fact I am not complaining, perhaps you should not be so sensitive and defensive.

I am stating my opinion based on my personal observations.

There are already Android apps in appworld that I believe have not been submitted by the developer but by a publisher - Handster. I have only tried two, one was really good but the other was crap. I doubt that either of these were "tweaked" to run on the playbook and I doubt that many will be. This is the basis for my opinion, if you don't like it ... meh~
    Thank you for clearing this up. Based on your analysis, the OP should expect that 50% of the apps that he repackages and sideloads on his device during the beta test period will fail because they have not been tested properly. In additition, based on your personal experience and thorough research, you do not expect RIM to improve the performance and reliability of the OS based on feedback form developers and their own quality assurance program.

Furthermore, in your opinion, the vast majority of apps submitted to App World are submitted by incompetent publishers (not developers). Therefore, we can safely say that 50% of repackaged apps available in App World after OS2's official launch will fail.

Consumers will be very pleased that you performed this vital public service. I am ashamed of myself for thinking that you were suggesting that developers would not take advantage of the beta test period to ensure that their apps work properly. I should have known that you were targeting unscrupulous publishers (not developers) and I do apologize.
    01-01-12 10:04 AM
    i find angry birds HD works perfectly so far alltho i do think its a really stupid game!
    Stupid... but INSANELY addictive!
    01-01-12 04:39 PM
    lets wait for the real deal to come out
    01-01-12 05:32 PM
    I only have Medscape side loaded so far...but that was many weeks ago and I can report it works swiftly and flawlessly...it even updates itself perfectly.
    01-01-12 05:56 PM
    Thank you for clearing this up. Based on your analysis, the OP should expect that 50% of the apps that he repackages and sideloads on his device during the beta test period will fail because they have not been tested properly. In additition, based on your personal experience and thorough research, you do not expect RIM to improve the performance and reliability of the OS based on feedback form developers and their own quality assurance program.

Furthermore, in your opinion, the vast majority of apps submitted to App World are submitted by incompetent publishers (not developers). Therefore, we can safely say that 50% of repackaged apps available in App World after OS2's official launch will fail.

Consumers will be very pleased that you performed this vital public service. I am ashamed of myself for thinking that you were suggesting that developers would not take advantage of the beta test period to ensure that their apps work properly. I should have known that you were targeting unscrupulous publishers (not developers) and I do apologize.
    Good I am glad I could clear that up for you, you obviously see my point now and I am happy for you. Please though, don't be ashamed its an honest mistake that many could make. In fact you should be proud of yourself.

Jesus bud, relax a little. Sorry I don't want to spend my entire day elaborating my opinion for you....but you go right ahead and spend the next 30 minutes responding to me in whatever smart a$$ way you want.
    01-01-12 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD