I have a question - when upgraded to PlayBook OS 2.0, does the setup process require a BlackBerry ID? I know that Version 1 does. I'm trying to set mine up without a BlackBerry ID so that I can be prepared when BlackBerry services shut down at the end of 2019.
    Last edited by Thud Hardsmack; 07-21-19 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Moved to new thread
    07-21-19 01:07 PM
    Sadly the PlayBook require communications to the mothership.... IF (still a big an unknown if) there is no mothership, you won't be able to setup a PlayBook. You can't skip that step like you can with the phones.
    07-22-19 07:11 AM
    Can't you make a backup right after you shrink the OS and then restore that manually?
    12-02-19 10:15 PM
    Right now backend services are supposed to continue after 12/31/2019 but the Playbook is already been EOL for 18 months. Nobody knows what happens after backend services breakdown naturally.
    12-03-19 06:29 AM
    Can't you make a backup right after you shrink the OS and then restore that manually?
    No there is still an activation process during initial setup with the PlayBook.... and with LINK. That process was down for a few weeks over the summer and folks that bought a new PlayBook or that had wiped theirs were not able to do anything with them.
    12-03-19 07:16 AM
    No there is still an activation process during initial setup with the PlayBook.... and with LINK. That process was down for a few weeks over the summer and folks that bought a new PlayBook or that had wiped theirs were not able to do anything with them.
    Well then I guess we know what happens after backend services breakdown....
    12-03-19 08:09 AM
    And I thought that is what happened today !

Both Email and Browser (stock) were not working a-tall.
    But then just 10 minutes ago I decided to shut down and reboot the playbook.

All of sudden 6 emails pinged as incoming and another which was a test (output from the PB email client') arrived at my alternate email addy here on my desktop. Also the browser is allowing some of the websites still available thru the BB browser, are again viewable.

Thanks.
    anon(5597702) and Tom VLe like this.
    03-17-21 02:15 AM