I have been having the same problems setting up IMAP email, where it complained there was an error, when I KNEW the settings were right. I found that my ISP supports SMTP on ports 25 and 587, so I switched to 587, and it worked. My Android phone is happy with port 25.
    amazing worked for me too
    02-23-12 02:01 PM
    does anyone have any definate settings for setting up a telus account, i have tried everything, pop and imap, any help would be appreciated
    02-23-12 04:49 PM
    You said it. First line support got confused instantly, I had to repeat my email issues repeatedly, and then when they had no idea about any of it, tried the excuse that the OS was new.

Thanks for the newsflash guys. I guess all those extra months were spent giving farewell parties then?

In the end they were clueless and then had the gall to ask me to consider the case resolved!

I asked why would I do that and they said because that meant someone would call me in three days to check on it and there'd pretty much surely be no solution by then.

Spoke to multiple folks there and they sounded far more nervous and tentative than excited, let alone confident.

RIM is going to need a lot more time to right the ship.

The Playbook is still way more for kicks than any serious business.
    I put in three different tickets...got no help what so ever..Guy on the phone..."I have no idea why it's not working"

How long did we wait for this crap? If you own any shares in this company better dump them while they are worth a couple of bucks.
    02-23-12 06:02 PM
    does anyone have any definate settings for setting up a telus account, i have tried everything, pop and imap, any help would be appreciated
    I've tried over 300 times...there are none..just give up.
    02-23-12 06:03 PM
    Have you tried talking to Telus support or go to a Telus store?
    02-23-12 06:14 PM
    tried telus and they just gave me the same settings as what my home computer uses, tried both imap and pop, they cant figure it out either, hopefully someone has a fix for this, shaw works perfectly
    02-23-12 06:38 PM
    I had it set to 7 days for the start, it downloaded 5 seemingly random messages from the last 4 days. Setting to 30 made no difference. Is there a manual Sync button?
    I don't think there is a manual sync option that I know of.
    02-24-12 12:59 AM
    I'm in Arizona and have the same settings as the posts for Telus. The description can be anything. After the user name and password, I have the following:

Server address is pop.west.cox.net
    SSL set to OFF. This will automatically change the port to 110

SMTP username BLANK (delete what is there or hit the X at right)
    SMTP password BLANK (delete what is there or hit the X at right)
    SMTP server is SMTP.west.cox.net
    SMTP encryption set to OFF. This will automatically change the port to 25

I chose to keep messages on the server.
    Hit save.

I haven't tried it without the "west" before cox. After it's set up and I return to the account configuration, I notice the SMTP password box has ******** in it. I just leave this alone. It's automatically there.

Debbie L
    Last edited by dllrogers55; 02-24-12 at 07:57 AM.
    02-24-12 07:46 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD