Just updated, but when I try to setup my university and personal email accounts, I get an error. Gmail worked fine for me. Any ideas or help?
    02-21-12 10:33 AM
    I'm also having problems setting up my Telus email account. GMail and Facebook worked great. This email client is pretty sweet. Nicer than the Android one I was using.

WG
    02-21-12 10:42 AM
    Trouble here as well. You guys got BB phones? I set it up easily on BB phone but can't get it to work on PlayBook.
    02-21-12 12:47 PM
    Had challenges with hotmail that were puzzled out, in case this helps...

Some of it is just knowing what to put in the setup fields (e.g.

>>my exchange email username is WITHOUT the @xxxx, but the hotmail username is WITH the @msn.com

>> msn - domain is blank
    02-21-12 12:58 PM
    I had to go into the email settings on my computer and changed it to use POP server.
    02-21-12 01:01 PM
    I'm having some troubles too. Gmail set up fine, but my work uses a pop3 online server and I can't seem to get the smtp settings to work right. Keep running into 'server settings could not be verified' or something similar when I shift the smtp server address around.
    02-21-12 02:47 PM
    FYI, I wiped my PB and reloaded everything from scratch. This time I was able to connect to my Telus email.

WG
    02-21-12 03:55 PM
    Having the same problem. I can't set up my university email account. Which is weird because my university switch to gmail but my personal gmail account works fine. :/ Most of my emails are from my school.
    02-21-12 04:51 PM
    Telus Email... IMAP Setup

Description: does not matter
    Display name: does not matter
    Username: your account name (a7a42xxx)
    Email address: your actual email address
    Password: your password
    Server address: imap.telus.net
    Port: 143
    Encryption: OFF
    SMTP User name: BLANK!
    SMTP password: BLANK!
    SMTP Server: smtp.telus.net
    SMTP port: 25
    Encryption: OFF
    Use push: OFF

SAVE! Done!
    swami62 likes this.
    02-21-12 04:56 PM
    My cogeco acct is the same. Won't setup. Cogeco Help was useless.
    02-21-12 05:26 PM
    anyone had success get it to work thru Native Email

Mine will not
    02-21-12 05:41 PM
    damn it. i just failed so many time from just adding a hotmail accounts. it keeps saying that " please check your username and password and try again" . BUT I TYPED THEN ALL CORRECTLY! any buddy knows whats going on? big thanks in advance.
    02-21-12 07:02 PM
    I'm having some troubles too. Gmail set up fine, but my work uses a pop3 online server and I can't seem to get the smtp settings to work right. Keep running into 'server settings could not be verified' or something similar when I shift the smtp server address around.
    Try turning off SSL encryption. I was running into the same problem, but once I turned off the encryption it worked fine.
    02-21-12 07:12 PM
    Try this settings, it worked for me.

Email Address* [email protected]
    Password* The password you use to get your e-mail

Server Address* pop.telus.net
    Port* 110
    Use SSL off

SMTP Username (leave blank)
    SMTP Password (leave blank)

SMTP Server Address* smtp.telus.net
    SMTP Port* 25
    SMTP Encryption off
    02-21-12 11:28 PM
    I set up a gmail account, it downloaded only about 5 messages. Is there a limit or a limit on how far back it will go?
    kingchan likes this.
    02-22-12 02:06 AM
    You can go into your advanced options and check the days to go back as far as 30 days.
    02-22-12 11:41 AM
    Gmail worked fine for me at first. Now it's constantly losing the password or something. It says the account is invalid and please reply-enter the password. I do, and sometimes it works for a few minutes, sometimes it will just repeat. Meanwhile I can access the account on my 9810 and from the PlayBook browser fine.
    02-22-12 11:56 AM
    You can go into your advanced options and check the days to go back as far as 30 days.
    I had it set to 7 days for the start, it downloaded 5 seemingly random messages from the last 4 days. Setting to 30 made no difference. Is there a manual Sync button?
    02-22-12 12:12 PM
    I ran into a weird problem too. I finally got my smtp settings corrected and got my work email functioning just fine last night. Now this morning it's saying the pop3 incoming server settings are either invalid or offline...but I'm getting emails just fine from my 9810.

Wondering if it's a server problem on RIM's side or just an error communicating to the client servers for the email's themselves.
    02-22-12 12:21 PM
    I ran into a weird problem too. I finally got my smtp settings corrected and got my work email functioning just fine last night. Now this morning it's saying the pop3 incoming server settings are either invalid or offline...but I'm getting emails just fine from my 9810.

Wondering if it's a server problem on RIM's side or just an error communicating to the client servers for the email's themselves.
    it's definitely RIMs fault and they are in denial mode. I haven't had any luck linking a Telus account or a Cox account.

I wonder when they will get it fixed? I won't hold my breath. This whole 2.0 is really nothing to get excited about. DUD!
    02-22-12 12:45 PM
    have tried every combination of pop/imap + port settings suggested for telus webmail but keep getting error messages. Gmail and hotmail work fine. anyone found a solution?
    02-23-12 02:03 AM
    All my accounts set up fine at the start( Facebook, Gmail, and an Exchange account). The exchange account then started to lose days it had already shown synced, to the point i only had the last few messages I received, originally set for 14 days. Deleted account and then re-added set to 30 days, same thing started out ok then dropped messages, repeated set to 7 days once again same thing.

I also added a Twitter account, I follow 2 sports teams that have sent ouit 50 or so tweets since i added it but nothing shows on my device.

Anyone else seeing this?
    02-23-12 06:54 AM
    Have had no trouble with gmail, facebook, twitter, or linked in. But cannot get my exchange email working.
    02-23-12 08:20 AM
    I have been having the same problems setting up IMAP email, where it complained there was an error, when I KNEW the settings were right. I found that my ISP supports SMTP on ports 25 and 587, so I switched to 587, and it worked. My Android phone is happy with port 25.
    becksvector likes this.
    02-23-12 09:19 AM
    it's definitely RIMs fault and they are in denial mode. I haven't had any luck linking a Telus account or a Cox account.

I wonder when they will get it fixed? I won't hold my breath. This whole 2.0 is really nothing to get excited about. DUD!
    You said it. First line support got confused instantly, I had to repeat my email issues repeatedly, and then when they had no idea about any of it, tried the excuse that the OS was new.

Thanks for the newsflash guys. I guess all those extra months were spent giving farewell parties then?

In the end they were clueless and then had the gall to ask me to consider the case resolved!

I asked why would I do that and they said because that meant someone would call me in three days to check on it and there'd pretty much surely be no solution by then.

Spoke to multiple folks there and they sounded far more nervous and tentative than excited, let alone confident.

RIM is going to need a lot more time to right the ship.

The Playbook is still way more for kicks than any serious business.
    02-23-12 11:20 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD