Hey, was wondering if anybody could help me with this.

I did a security wipe for my PB, I was running 2.0.0.7111 and wanted a clean start for when OS 2.0 drops. I backed everything up using DM and did the wipe.
    However, after the wipe 1) App World disappeared, 2) My PB was still on 2.0.0.711 (My understanding was that a security wipe would restore to original factory settings)

Any help or info is appreciated.

Thanks
    02-19-12 02:38 AM
    A Security Wipe doesn't affect the OS load. To roll back to the factory installed OS, you have to remove the current OS and use the Loader to load the older version. If you have the OS.exe, that's a relatively simple operation. There is an article in the Help forum that explains it.

I can't help you with the App World problem.
    02-19-12 08:16 AM
    To roll it back to 1.0.8.6xxx you need to do the "debrick", which is described in numerous other posts.

It's basically running DM, connecting your PB while it's off and turning it on (or just restarting it), waiting for the dialog DM will pop up, clicking on "Update", and following the rest of the prompts.
    illini2097 likes this.
    02-19-12 08:26 AM
    Keep in mind that you have a mandatory waiting period of 24 hours after signing up for the beta before the servers will restore you to the current production version.
    illini2097 likes this.
    02-19-12 08:38 AM
    Thank you so much.. I found a thread about debricking, I will try that in 24 hours
    02-19-12 09:34 AM
    To roll it back to 1.0.8.6xxx you need to do the "debrick", which is described in numerous other posts.

It's basically running DM, connecting your PB while it's off and turning it on (or just restarting it), waiting for the dialog DM will pop up, clicking on "Update", and following the rest of the prompts.
    You left out "with fingers crossed, wishing on a star, putting tooth under your pillow and praying to the appropriate deity and crossing heart and hope it works!"
    02-19-12 03:30 PM
    Happen to me after a wipe so what I did was upgrade or downgrade using dingleberry then do the debrick method
    02-19-12 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD