Hello,

I've been looking through the forms today for feedback on the OS update. I've had my Playbook for about a month. I've uploaded plenty of music to the PB, which I backedup this morning. Some people are suggesting to perform a security wi[pre prior to updating..... is this an absolute necessity?

I've never rooted my Playbook nor side loaded anything - so is the security wipe prior to installing the OS 2.0 necessary for me and others in similar situations ? (I really don't even know how to or why I'd want to 'root' or 'sideload' anything onto the PB)

Thank you for your constructive advice and have a good day and week.
    02-21-12 12:48 PM
    No, process the regular way, it should be fine.
    I'll suggest that you perform a regular backup (with Desktop Manager, you can even exclude media files if you copied them before) prior upgrading. And once you're at it, use D.M to update your PB via USB, you'll get a better and stable connexion than using wifi.

Still a simple "check for update" within the PB settings can perfectly do the trick.
    02-21-12 01:04 PM
    Well, some people were suggesting it because the Core OS changed so much. Atleast I think thats what was said... I'm sure a update over the existing OS would be fine, if you dont notice any issues right away.

I know I plan to backup, wipe and reload when I get home. I still get the keyboard lag in the browser and I hope thats will be fixed after a wipe/reload.
    02-21-12 01:08 PM
    I don't think it wipes the old OS, as my apps are still there.
    I wonder if it makes a difference to wipe first?
    02-21-12 01:47 PM
    I was on beta version and upgraded without issue.

Wipe not required.

I did notice that the os file size was about 100 MBs larger when updating my pb with os 2.0 beta vs my playbook that was on 1.8.
    02-21-12 01:49 PM
    suggestions:
    1) backup. use your desktop software to backup all your data;
    2) security wipe; <---or after you finish upgrade, then do a security wipe.
    3) upgrade.
    4) restore your data, but don't restore the "settings".
    02-21-12 02:23 PM
    yeah I just updated from the last beta. No issues.
    02-21-12 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD