Update....after sideloading 2.1 browser file: "browser-2.1.0.640-nto+armle-v7+signed.bar" into the PB I have a broken browser. I have tried sideloading the .7111 browser file sys.browser.bar back into the unit...that failed. Then i loaded the .7111 browser bar back into the PB using Dingleberry...that worked (as in it uploaded and rebooted the PB) but it did not solve the broken browser. I also restored my apps settings to a previous backup copy using the desktop manager and that also does not restore browser functionality.

So in summary this is not working out for me. Any ideas how i can clear this bad browser insert from the PB and then reload the .7111 browser?

Can the bad browser app be deleted using WinSCP?

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by BullMarket; 10-31-12 at 10:13 PM.
    10-31-12 09:34 PM
    Well, some apps require more than that. Actually I had done same thing, but also I loaded appworld and youtube apps from 1088. None of them worked so I had to link more files to make them work. I have now youtube and appworld running on 4869 and apps are from 1088. I still didnt fix browser, but I'll do it soon, just dont have time. When ready I'll post all steps required. (side note, to get youtube working all you need is to link air from 1088 to 4869...but ofc you need 1088.bin file first)
    Thank you...would appreciate all guidance. Yes, I only did load the solitary browser file, and it does make sense that it is calling to other 2.1 files i have not yet sideloaded. I will wait for more instructions. Cheers!
    10-31-12 10:12 PM
    OK, something is not clear for me. How to get 1032 or 1088 bin file ?
    11-01-12 03:26 AM
    I have it and happened to upload it. Can I really not share it?
    I dunno, I was just guessing why his post was apparently deleted. It may be fine to share.
    11-01-12 03:48 AM
    We are not doing any piracy here, or exposing extremely confidential data. Actually, gaining only ssh root access is more secure that ios or android rooting methods. App sandbox within the system is secure from the inside. Don't know why RIM decided to block it.
    11-01-12 04:01 AM
    We are not doing any piracy here, or exposing extremely confidential data. Actually, gaining only ssh root access is more secure that ios or android rooting methods. App sandbox within the system is secure from the inside. Don't know why RIM decided to block it.
    Because their entire business model revolves around security, and any security breach must be dealt with if that model is to work? I think that's fairly obvious really. If you are able to get a root SSH shell into a device, you can pretty much access anything stored on that device. There is simply no way they could ever "allow" that to happen.
    OK, something is not clear for me. How to get 1032 or 1088 bin file ?
    I could be wrong but I vaguely recall reading that you can extract that from the Core OS file (the one that ends in something like core.signed)
    11-01-12 05:26 AM
    to get 1032 (I have this one-will post soon) or 1088 you need to first allow your pb to update but not to restart, so when it updates and install the latest, you hit ''cfp resetqnxosregion'' but be carefull, open cfp more than once an be ready to press also ''cfp info'' straight after your pb is done with resetqnx... command and also open another cfp and be ready to press cfp info again once the previous cfp info is done...but on this second one dont enter pass yet, leave waiting for pass...now you chcek previous cfp info if you are actually on 4869/6149 because if not, then you have to load 4869/6149 again (if this happens you want have latest in your pb in dev/hd2...) I tried it with 10.9 and nearly lost my root if I didnt check cfp info and let my pb wait for pass on that second cfp info...So when you successfully boot up with 4869/6149, the latest os will sit probably in /dev/hd2 or hd1 (you have to check which one it is). Now all you need to do is to extract this os from dev/hd2(1) and you get latest.bin . To do that you need ''dd'' which is not present on 4869/6149 (is present on later os, i dont know since which one though, but I saw it in 358) Here is ''dd'' http://forward-thinking.net/dd. Put it into devuser folder using winscp and you should be able to tun it ssh. To get os out of dev/hd2 : dd if=/dev/hd2 (or 1 depends where os is sitting, you can chcek using ''df -h'' and find partition which is 500MB exactly-that is latest os) of=latest.bin
    If it gives you error that dd is not recognized... then put dd into root folder...go up in winscp as far as you can and put it there and then command is nearly same:
    /dd if=dev/hd2 of=latest.bin

Now you have latest.bin sitting in devuser folder.

To mount it use this:
    mount -tqnx6 latest.bin /accounts/devuser/mnt

Now you can see the os, everything in it and you can play with it, link files to 4869 and get running stuff from 2.1

Sorry that it is just big junk of text...and also, I do not recommend trying to get latest.bin because if you are not careful you can loose root easily. I will post 1032.bin soon. Also xsacha has R9.bin. I am sure when new os comes out, xsacha or me will do the latest.bin so you guys can download it.
    11-01-12 05:46 AM
    This is what i have done so far:

1. cfp load 4869.signed
    2. download and install 1088 update
    3. cfp resetqnxregion during 10-sec windows
    4. root in with dingleberry 3.3.3
    5. copy libbps.so.3, dd, ps, su and vi from qnx 6.5.0 sdk and set +x permissins to them
    6. added these to start.sh
    Code:
    ln -sPf /accounts/devuser/libbps.so.3 /base/usr/lib/libbps.so.3
    ln -sPf /accounts/devuser/dd /base/bin/dd
    ln -sPf /accounts/devuser/ps /base/bin/ps
    ln -sPf /accounts/devuser/vi /base/bin/vi
    ln -sPf /accounts/devuser/su /base/bin/su
    7. df -h gives me this
    Run the latest apps/games on rooted 4869/6149-df-h.png

8. what's next ?
    11-01-12 06:56 AM
    can you come to irc freenode #BlackberryDev - I can help you better realtime...

If you cant come,
    All you need now is
    dd if=/dev/hd2t179 of=latest.bin
    and you have then latest.bin in devuser folder
    11-01-12 07:00 AM
    Thanks xsacha for bringing us more options for my rooted playbook
    11-01-12 07:06 AM
    Hi
    I added the below line to start.sh but still angry birds space is closing, Am I doing wrong something , can someone explain the steps please....
    Code:
    ln -sPf /accounts/devuser/libbps.so.3 /base/usr/lib/libbps.so.3
    Last edited by Praveenplaybook; 11-02-12 at 03:32 AM.
    11-02-12 01:12 AM
    In shell type ./start.sh for changes to take effect. I have found that even if libbps.so.3 is linked some app fail to run. For example Pdf reader v2.0
    11-02-12 04:00 AM
    I executed start.sh by right click and execute command , but its not working , after restarting the playbook the line I added to start.sh is not there... , can you tell me where the shell option is....

edit
    I tried "sh start.sh" from putty it gives me the following error
    ln: unable to link. (/accounts/devuser/libbps.so.3 or /base/usr/lib/libbps.so.3): Operation not permitted

Do I have to replace libbps.so.3 in base/usr/lib also with the downloaded file...?
    Last edited by Praveenplaybook; 11-02-12 at 04:49 AM.
    11-02-12 04:23 AM
    Thanks xsacha!

So many times i just wanted to click the update button, glad I didn't

As for what to work on. A simple USB storage tool would be awesome for us using the PB as a little media station
    Last edited by Mugenski; 11-03-12 at 12:57 AM.
    11-03-12 12:42 AM
    ln: unable to link. (/accounts/devuser/libbps.so.3 or /base/usr/lib/libbps.so.3): Operation not permitted
    Are you root? :\
    11-03-12 01:23 AM
    Are you root? :\
    Yes Iam..
    11-03-12 01:43 AM
    /tmp/setuidgid root ln -sPf /accounts/devuser/libbps.so.3 /base/usr/lib/libbps.so.3
    run it in ssh first and try angry birds, if it works copy it to start.sh
    11-03-12 05:57 AM
    I haven't tried this, but wanted to say that I do have a rooted playbook and appreciate this effort. I might give it a try when I have the chance, but I have a feeling by then you might already have the next dingleberry allowing this and more through a custom upgrade option. =)
    11-03-12 10:12 PM
    /tmp/setuidgid root ln -sPf /accounts/devuser/libbps.so.3 /base/usr/lib/libbps.so.3
    run it in ssh first and try angry birds, if it works copy it to start.sh
    thanks but its not working....
    11-05-12 03:14 AM
    Many app are not working with this method. Example Pdf reader 2.1.1, Flycraft(actually, it not working even on 7971), Angry Birds...
    11-08-12 03:41 AM
    it is because some are missing more than just one library. If you want to get them running, go using WinSCP into /accounts/1000/appdata/xxx where xxx is app that is not running and go into folder logs and look inside log what does it say. When it says its missing some lib, just get it from latest.bin and link it to 4869. Then app should run.
    11-08-12 04:16 AM
    Log always state "ld fatal: missing libbps.so.3" even if latest libbps.so.3 is symlinked. Weird :S
    11-08-12 04:18 AM
    Log always state "ld fatal: missing libbps.so.3" even if latest libbps.so.3 is symlinked. Weird :S
    Are you completely sure you've done it right? Do ANY games requiring newer OS versions work?
    11-08-12 11:23 AM
    I'm sure that I'm linking it correctly. Exactly the same line in start.sh, ln -sPf /accounts/devuser/libbps.so.3 /base/usr/lib/libbps.so.3, libbps.so.3 from ndk 2.1 but no success. Pdf reader, flycraft no luck.
    11-08-12 12:33 PM
    getting Log always state "ld fatal: missing libbps.so.3 also tried the methods described with no success on version 6149
    11-09-12 04:37 AM
58 123