I want to hear another podcast. This would mean strike 3 for Bla1ze, strike 2 for Kevin, and I'm not too sure about the others. This will destroy any credibility that a lot of people still had in RIM. They(RIM) is going to need some form of magic to get them out of this mess.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-11 07:22 PM
    Oh my God. I am just.... flabbergasted. No Native BBM? Is this a joke?

I know RIM is doing okay but I don't think it's unreasonable to say that they are running out of time. They are RUNNING out of time.

They don't have the luxury of waiting around.

Why is this hard to understand.
    I'll quote this again because I re-read the article on the front page.

I am disgusted.
    10-25-11 07:31 PM
    I would have guessed the Feb rumor to be false based solely on the point that Mike and Jim have until January to impress their investors/shareholders. Unless RIM drops a trump card sometime between now and January, there's going to be a lot of fist pounding when the call to change the Co-CEO structure is brought up again. Now that it's confirmed to be true, there's got to be some people really sweating at RIM.
    10-25-11 07:35 PM
    The RIMPIRE struck out.
    They aren't even playing in the game.

Best tech decision was to return that Playbook. I am glad I didn't get suckered into keeping that one.
    Last edited by Caymancroc; 10-25-11 at 08:36 PM.
    10-25-11 08:34 PM
    It truly is sad that RIM isn't getting this update out by the end of October. Or ATLEAST 2011. Why would Jim Balsilie announce the "Leapfrog" whilst this was going on behind closed doors. This will also delay the BBX Platform as well as the phones. This is one of the worst decisions RIM has ever made. As a share holder I want to drop all shares first thing in the morning. As a consumer I just wish RIM would do better. This will certainly be the final straw for many investors who've wanted the CO-CEO'S out. Hopefully this all plays out for the better.
    10-25-11 09:08 PM
    They said they'll push it to a subsequent release...but who knows when that is now.
    No1 is going to buy a bbx phone without bbm out of the box

10-25-11 09:26 PM
    The issue isn't putting BBM on the BBX operating system, it's allowing a second device to share the same PIN. The PIN oncept was never designed to be used across multiple devices. At the time it was a security feature but now it's hamstrung them.

That means we can still expect to be BBM on the BBX superphone but BBM on the PlayBook will take longer.
    10-25-11 10:51 PM
    Saunders has a lot of 'splainin to do...
    10-26-11 12:34 AM
    Saunders has a lot of 'splainin to do...
    He sure does. I'm wondering if the CEO's are using him as a scapegoat. He just got in there and now look what he has to deal with.

10-26-11 12:57 AM
    Not that this means much but I knew Alec in the mid-90s, back when he was working on Windows 95 marketing, and he was as much of a straight shooter as you can reasonably expect from a marketer.

I mean that in a complimentary sense.
    chrism_scotland likes this.
    10-26-11 01:07 AM
    He seems like he's really smart, it was just a bad time to join into RIM. I hope he stays with RIM because I think he could do a lot of good for them, they need more people like him.

chrism_scotland likes this.
    10-26-11 01:14 AM
    Saunders does seem a nice enough guy, but you've got to wonder why he was saying Late 2011 just 4 days ago, it sounds like either he's not in the loop or he's been told to lie.
    10-26-11 02:46 AM
    Saunders does seem a nice enough guy, but you've got to wonder why he was saying Late 2011 just 4 days ago, it sounds like either he's not in the loop or he's been told to lie.
    Yeah, why throw him under the bus?? He probably was hired to take the heat off of the two numbskulls Tweetle Dee and Tweetle Dumb. ROFL
    10-26-11 02:50 AM
    RIM should just discontinue the PlayBook and release OS 2 with some new hardware.

iPad 3 is on the horizon and there will be a spec bump... This way RIM gets to release a totally new device with OS 2, hopefully on par with the rest spec wise and a half decent app ecosystem. No BBM will really hurt though and RIM haven't exactly covered themselves in chocolate with all the failed promises.
    10-26-11 05:41 AM
    RIM should just discontinue the PlayBook and release OS 2 with some new hardware.

iPad 3 is on the horizon and there will be a spec bump... This way RIM gets to release a totally new device with OS 2, hopefully on par with the rest spec wise and a half decent app ecosystem. No BBM will really hurt though and RIM haven't exactly covered themselves in chocolate with all the failed promises...
    10-26-11 05:42 AM
    How is BGR able to obtain this info, yet, the whole Crackberry team and the broader net of Blackberry Fanboy sites don't get a sniff of this info?

Either BGR's info is dead wrong... or the Crackberry community is out of the loop
    It seems like such a long time ago, doesn't it?
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-26-11 05:43 AM
    I wouldn't pay too much attention to BGR. See this exchange from Twitter from a few days ago:

Shubham Datta
    @asaunders when is Tablet OS 2.0 going to be released for everyone?

Alec Saunders
    @ShubhamDatta Later this fall - sorry I can't be more specific.

Shubham Datta
    @asaunders no worries! Will PlayBook have native BBM, using PlayBook PIN?Realy excited for #BBX as well!

Alec Saunders
    @ShubhamDatta that's the plan.

If you don't know who Alec Saunders is from DevCon he's VP Developer Relations at RIM. Given his straight talking style from DevCon I doubt he'd say fall if RIM was already internally planning on February.
    In hindsight, what do you think Alec would be saying today?
    10-26-11 05:48 AM
    As I said somewhere above, I reckon there was an "oh sh1t" moment shortly before DevCon that caused them to pull whatever they were clearly planning to show given the pre-show hype (leapfrogging, etc) and the heavy hints to the press/fansites.

I'm sure Mr Saunders was sincere when he mentioned "out in the Fall", but in those few days since DevCon the actual depth of the hole they're in has became apparent... and it seems it's quite deep if another 4 months are necessary to build the ladder!

IMHO that's why you get the crippled Dev OS2 build that was actually released at the show. Yes, I know it was a build intended to allow developers to test their apps, but why remove features (native email, etc) that seem to exist on various RIM-owned Playbooks and go to all the trouble of creating a special build for devs. That makes no sense to me at all. Surely having those features present would allow Devs to check for incompatibilities etc? Is that not useful information to gather?

I'm sure Alex Saunders is feeling deeply embarrased at the position he's been placed in. This has made him look a fool whose future statements will be picked over to try and spot the lie.
    JBenn911 and Superfly_FR like this.
    10-26-11 06:57 AM

iPad 3 is on the horizon and there will be a spec bump... This way RIM gets to release a totally new device with OS 2, hopefully on par with the rest spec wise and a half decent app ecosystem. No BBM will really hurt though and RIM haven't exactly covered themselves in chocolate with all the failed promises...
    The hardware is fine...lack of communication and intentional mis-information is inexcusable.

BlackBerry - PlayBook Tablet PC - The New RIM PlayBook - BlackBerry Pad

"Discover a whole new world of powerful apps built and optimized for the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet. Plus run many of your favorite apps for BlackBerry smartphones and Android. All available in BlackBerry App World™."

But on the other hand...maybe it's not a bold face LIE....it's just wishful thinking.
    10-26-11 07:47 AM
    Anytime someone says some unfavorable about RIM, it must not be true. But when it's good news, it has to be fact. So of course everyone jumped on BGR on this one because the site is always writing negative-toned articles about RIM. But fact of the matter most of those articles are just reporting what they've heard from their contacts and there hasn't been much positive stuff to say about RIM in a long time. While BGR was ignored by BB fanboys when the article was written about how blackberry was the reason the site was started and how much he liked the playbook. Those were ignored but yet he is still called a hater because he's reporting the truth. In some way we should all be happy that BGR reported it because it's probably a good chance that RIM would not have said anything if no one else did.

I gotta say for myself that it's just so disappointing to see this stuff from RIM. They clearly had no firm plan in place to deliver new products to it's users. It's almost like they'll get it done when they get it done. Someone a few pages ago posted about how long iOS 5 was in beta BUT didn't mention they fact that Apple gave a time for release AND STUCK TO IT. Apple can announce a phone tomorrow and have 20 million of them ready to ship next week. And it's because Apple cares about pleasing customers and that starts with keeping your word and delivering a good product while doing it. RIM on the other hand likes to keep people in the dark. And I believe this is the case because I think sometimes they really don't know. Instead of them putting out a deadline and working around the clock to meet it, they probably work as usual and get it finish whenever it's ready. It's just said because blackberry was the reason I began using smartphones and I was really looking forward to the new devices but the more and more they push these things back, it just means that when it finally does come, it will still probably need a lot more improvement like all of OSs. That would have been fine 3 years ago. But today, with iOS as polished as it is and that ecosystem and ICS for Android and their massive portfolio of devices and Windows about to make a strong push it's more important that you release a very polished product straight from the jump that already has a lot to offer.

Believe me, I'm hoping for the best because I love competition. I don't want it to be a two-man race. I want it to be several companies pushing each other because they good for us. But it's just so hard to the good for RIM right now. Not that I don't want to see good, just that it's hard to.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 10-26-11 at 09:07 AM.
    10-26-11 08:48 AM
    I would have admired this company if they had the courage to come out at DevCon and tell people the truth that they are not prepared and they need another 2-3 months of testing this beta OS version. What pisses me the most is not that they are not releasing the OS (because I am fine with what I have right now) but because they keep 'lying' to you over and over again.
    10-26-11 09:30 AM
    RIM are seriously hurting my feelings with this incosistency. i seriously dig my Playbook, but this ish has to end now eheheheh
    10-26-11 09:36 AM
    If they release OS 2.0 before then they start restore the confidence consumers lost in RIM. I could really be putting my foot in my mouth with this statement. But I do believe something has to come before the holidays.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    10-26-11 09:56 AM
    I feel sorry for people who have any faith left in RIM.
    10-26-11 11:04 AM
    In hindsight, what do you think Alec would be saying today?
    Maybe you should tweet him and find out
    10-26-11 11:53 AM
155 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD