Johnathon is making up stories in his moms basement again, just like he did the letter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-11 10:45 AM
    I just installed the beta 2.0 and got plenty of android apps working. I can't believe I am saying this but I guess I could wait til February. I am still unsure as to what i should do about my Kindle Fire preorder. I can cancel it before it ships.
    10-25-11 10:48 AM
    The fact that no timeline was given during DevCon pretty much tells me that they are still nowhere near finished this update. If it was due in November..i'm sure they would've said something at DevCon. It's not the first rumour we've heard that said they are struggling with it. Even IF someone from RIM comes out and says something..they have as much believability as BGR imo. RIM's credibility is a joke.
    10-25-11 10:53 AM
    I guess all that talk about being a monolithic kernal about super fast updates was full of smoke too? Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-11 10:55 AM
    Well how big of a deal would it be for some of you guys if you had two different PINS one for you BB and one for your PB?
    It would be a big deal. I don't want my contacts to have to 'guess' which account to reach me at, and I don't want to miss messages if I'm carrying my phone but not my PB.

The current 'bridged' bbm is useless as well, slow, laggy and buggy.
    10-25-11 11:00 AM
    A few thoughts...

1) As has been mentioned, if 2.0 was being released soon, it would have been announced at DevCon.

2) For those complaining about mid-February, remember how long iOS5 was in Beta for? software has a beta period for a reason - to works out the kinks.

3) Anyone who thinks that OS2.0 will jump start PlayBook sales is sadly mistaken. The PlayBook is an after thought to anyone except die-hard BB addicts. Besides, I can't ever remember an OS upgrade driving sales of a current device. New DEVICES drive sales, not OS upgrades for old devices.
    10-25-11 11:07 AM
    I could give a rats *** about bbm native email pim but I know to sell more it has to have them. Just friggen give me the missing functionality and a friggen IM app that works with yahoo messenger and fix the damn bugs that make the browser disappear all the time.

Damn it isn't rocket science RIM.

Bet you can't tell this bit of info has me pissed off even though we don't know that it is true.
    10-25-11 11:09 AM
    Shouldn't be a surprise if we have to wait until next year. Even at their earning's conference call they claimed that they were going to show the new OS 2.0, as well as QNX phones at their incoming DevCon, which didn't happen. A complete misleading quote, even worst due to the nature of their audience (investors). Good luck RIM, you definitely will need it. Hopefully, after BGR's claim, whether true or not, RIM will have to make a statement.
    10-25-11 11:30 AM
    Got it.

If OS 2.0 release rumor delay is false because:

- RIM would not have released the developers beta 4 months early.

- Quote " ...major software release for PlayBook that will be demonstrated at DevCon in October and released thereafter. "Research In Motion Limited's CEO Discusses Q2 2012 Results - Earnings Call Transcript - Seeking Alpha

- BGR has lied before.

- Once Kindle Fire is out and Holiday season around the corner after that there is not way RIM would not gather all the necessary resources to push it out

-The OS 2.0 would have been demonstrated in DevCon Asia in December and not Devcon Americas

- The developers beta itself is evidence enough that RIM has worked on an operating system called OS 2.0 ( although might not have ll the bells and whistles ) but not far from release

- With competitors superior products to be likely released in March, a late release such as February is not an option

- And finally hoping RIM will soon release a statement or show some sign or not that the rumors are false.
    10-25-11 11:31 AM
    Personally I don't trust iBGR for anything they release news about. Yea not even iPhone news since they sugar coat it. I'd wait for a better source and as many have stated 4 month early beta release? Thats a bit absurd.
    10-25-11 11:32 AM
    I wouldn't pay too much attention to BGR. See this exchange from Twitter from a few days ago:

Shubham Datta
    @asaunders when is Tablet OS 2.0 going to be released for everyone?

Alec Saunders
    @ShubhamDatta Later this fall - sorry I can't be more specific.

Shubham Datta
    @asaunders no worries! Will PlayBook have native BBM, using PlayBook PIN?Realy excited for #BBX as well!

Alec Saunders
    @ShubhamDatta that's the plan.

If you don't know who Alec Saunders is from DevCon he's VP Developer Relations at RIM. Given his straight talking style from DevCon I doubt he'd say fall if RIM was already internally planning on February.
    Last edited by taylortbb; 10-25-11 at 11:42 AM.
    10-25-11 11:39 AM
    Personally I don't trust iBGR for anything they release news about. Yea not even iPhone news since they sugar coat it. I'd wait for a better source and as many have stated 4 month early beta release? Thats a bit absurd.
    How are they any less trustworthy than RIM?
    JBenn911 and howarmat like this.
    10-25-11 11:40 AM
    While true that it's hard to trust BGR, it's not like RIM is good on their word either.

It's sad, but I'm leaning towards BGR having accurate information.
    I am with you on this. While I don't want to believe the article I just don't see OS 2 coming soon. By then some folks would have jumped ship to Kindle Fire.
    10-25-11 11:48 AM
    If this is true then this is really a disaster. At this point is sounds like 2.0 will come out when a new PB is released.

60 days, to end of summer... After those two lies alone I would have already stopped believing anything they said.

Come on Mike, get this software rolling. What you ate doing right now is "not fair" to your customers.
    10-25-11 11:50 AM
    or they could include an option so that when you first power up the playbook you get to choose whether you want to use you Blackberry PIN or the PIN of your Playbook (for those without a blackberry smartphone). Wouldn't that solve the dual PIN issue?
    Or they could just allow emails as usernames and attach the pin to an email.
    10-25-11 11:53 AM
    Got it.

If OS 2.0 release rumor delay is false because:

- RIM would not have released the developers beta 4 months early.

- Quote " ...major software release for PlayBook that will be demonstrated at DevCon in October and released thereafter. "Research In Motion Limited's CEO Discusses Q2 2012 Results - Earnings Call Transcript - Seeking Alpha

- BGR has lied before.

- Once Kindle Fire is out and Holiday season around the corner after that there is not way RIM would not gather all the necessary resources to push it out

-The OS 2.0 would have been demonstrated in DevCon Asia in December and not Devcon Americas

- The developers beta itself is evidence enough that RIM has worked on an operating system called OS 2.0 ( although might not have ll the bells and whistles ) but not far from release

- With competitors superior products to be likely released in March, a late release such as February is not an option

- And finally hoping RIM will soon release a statement or show some sign or not that the rumors are false.

So has RIM, but the difference is their business isn't based on rumors and gossip.
    10-25-11 11:57 AM
    I fear this is true.
    10-25-11 11:58 AM
    I wouldn't pay too much attention to BGR. See this exchange from Twitter from a few days ago:

Shubham Datta
    @asaunders when is Tablet OS 2.0 going to be released for everyone?

Alec Saunders
    @ShubhamDatta Later this fall - sorry I can't be more specific.

Shubham Datta
    @asaunders no worries! Will PlayBook have native BBM, using PlayBook PIN?Realy excited for #BBX as well!

Alec Saunders
    @ShubhamDatta that's the plan.

If you don't know who Alec Saunders is from DevCon he's VP Developer Relations at RIM. Given his straight talking style from DevCon I doubt he'd say fall if RIM was already internally planning on February.
    I agree to some extent, I think its entirely possible that we won't have BBM integration but its possible the rest of OS2 including Android will be released - Alec Saunders said "thats the plan" in response to "Will Playbook have native BB, using Playbook PIN?" thats hardly a resounding yes it will. It does sound like its been more trouble for RIM that perhaps they bargained for.
    10-25-11 12:09 PM
    I agree to some extent, I think its entirely possible that we won't have BBM integration but its possible the rest of OS2 including Android will be released - Alec Saunders said "thats the plan" in response to "Will Playbook have native BB, using Playbook PIN?" thats hardly a resounding yes it will. It does sound like its been more trouble for RIM that perhaps they bargained for.
    Reason 100 why you shouldn't promise consumers products that you can't deliver on. Their reputation has taken such a pounding that it will take years and years, if ever, to gain trust back with consumers.
    10-25-11 12:17 PM
    Maybe we won't see native BBM in 2.0, but I'm sure it would a satisfy a very large number of people if we got all the other features 2.0 should have (native PIM, Android player, auto correct, etc) and got it this fall.
    chrism_scotland and peter9477 like this.
    10-25-11 12:18 PM
    i guess they can also wait till April 2012 and than the Co-Ceo's can make a video in which they say:

"We want to personally thank all our PlayBook beta users this past year and we now Present to you in collaboration with our beta users the Professional Grade Tablet we announced in Devcon 2010. we apologize for the typo and misrepresentation of the Beta release in April 2011". and than they laugh and on the screen pops up OS2.0 doing everything WE WANTED AND EXPECTED IT TO DO...
    10-25-11 12:22 PM
    I fear this is true.
    to believe a rumor first you must question the source and the writer.

lets start with two odd items, first, 17th is a friday, RIM has so far released all OS updates on a tuesday.

also, BGR seem to think RIM said they would release an update in october during the earnings call. no, they didnt, they said it would be (poorly) showed off at devcon, and released `thereafter` at no point was any date set for a launch.

people can say `fanboy` all they want, but when a story doesnt even have its facts correct, the rumor part does start to seem less likely credible, then add in what alec saunders has been saying on twitter (see few posts above me) and the fact most RIM employees are running PIM versions of OS2 and 4 months seems a long way away.

also, remember all the iphone5 rumors?! ye they turned out well lol
    10-25-11 12:23 PM
    to believe a rumor first you must question the source and the writer.

lets start with two odd items, first, 17th is a friday, RIM has so far released all OS updates on a tuesday.

also, BGR seem to think RIM said they would release an update in october during the earnings call. no, they didnt, they said it would be (poorly) showed off at devcon, and released `thereafter` at no point was any date set for a launch.

people can say `fanboy` all they want, but when a story doesnt even have its facts correct, the rumor part does start to seem less likely credible, then add in what alec saunders has been saying on twitter (see few posts above me) and the fact most RIM employees are running PIM versions of OS2 and 4 months seems a long way away.

also, remember all the iphone5 rumors?! ye they turned out well lol
    Can we just agree that niether source has any credibility whatsoever and no one has any idea when it's coming out?
    peter9477 likes this.
    10-25-11 12:40 PM
    I got his info from Alex Saunders at RIM when i asked him about the new OS, native email and Android support.

Sent: Saturday, October 22, 2011 02:41 PM
    To: Larochelle, Rick
    Subject: Re: Playbook question

Hi Rick,

It will be end of this year. Appreciate your patience.

Best, A
    10-25-11 12:49 PM
    Maybe we won't see native BBM in 2.0, but I'm sure it would a satisfy a very large number of people if we got all the other features 2.0 should have (native PIM, Android player, auto correct, etc) and got it this fall.
    Definitley so, I'm one of them, I could probably live without Android as well....
    10-25-11 12:50 PM
155 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD