By next week, you mean next spring right?

Sorry, couldn't resist
    �thereafter� devcon... next spring qualifies.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-11 10:08 PM
    True dat! Not getting my hopes up too much. Except for the bridge update before this one there was an OS update that followed.
    Actually, last bridge update I don't recall there being a playbook update. (or don't remember it)
    11-03-11 10:10 PM
    mediocre updates will not cut it.rim is going to do this all the way until feb when they could just pushed it out as a christmas present.
    Not entirely sure why but RIM is scared to F-ing death to add features to this thing....If you look back, we havent had anything real added to it since video chat and bbm, months ago. The just wont freak'n add to it all they do is tweak and add language packs.

11-03-11 10:11 PM
    Let's hope it's not A Bridge Too Far.

I'll take that bet. My entire inventory of gold bullion. What do you have to bet with? I have an agent in Bosnia who will hold the bets for us.
    Or a bridge to nowhere...
    11-03-11 10:11 PM
    Airplane mode bug fixes
    anon(1035135) likes this.
    11-03-11 10:20 PM
    Not entirely sure why but RIM is scared to F-ing death to add features to this thing....If you look back, we havent had anything real added to it since video chat and bbm, months ago. The just wont freak'n add to it all they do is tweak and add language packs.

I was pretty impressed when they opened everything but App World and Kobo to the bridge connection.
    BSFA2008 likes this.
    11-03-11 11:16 PM

Perhaps they are a little gun shy from the negative overreactions in crackberry to anything they do? Release too early, release too late....can't win, why try?
    JeepBB and diegonei like this.
    11-03-11 11:41 PM
    Perhaps they are a little gun shy from the negative overreactions in crackberry to anything they do? Release too early, release too late....can't win, why try?
    To quote Lisa Simpson:
    Aim low. Aim so low that no one will even care if you succeed.
    11-03-11 11:45 PM
    Really? BJ you amaze me.

I'm still picturing the resource limited RIM tent of 3, quivering in a corner over a few bad reviews on crackberry ; "it was too early!!! everyone sit still and the bad men will go away"

Maybe instead of trying to act like a cheerleader here, we could set up a fund to buy RIM some group therapy sessions? I'm thinking maybe you're right and if we all just chip in for some Cognitive behavioral therapy maybe OS2 will be here by Christmas! Their cash on hand clearly is being used for other purposes and cannot go to group therapy sessions for the RIM employees.
    rollj83 likes this.
    11-04-11 12:22 AM
    Apparently?
    I can read too.
    iwky_77 likes this.
    11-04-11 12:42 AM
    LOL

We're like drowning men clutching at a floating straw...

Still, I hope it comes true and will myself be happy for a minor update to fix the annoying "unfinished" aspects. Do that RIM, and I'll be more content as I wait for the big OS2 release in the Spring to fix all the headline issues.

P.S. Glad the good humour seems to be back BTW
    11-04-11 01:31 AM
    Bridge of sighs....

Robin Trower.

11-04-11 02:15 AM

the first thing crossed my mind when you started the "bridge" thing
    11-04-11 03:48 AM
    the only way RIM can salvage their rep with most of the users who have given up on them, is to release updated builds on a regular basis from now until February. they cant be pointless updates either. they need to show progress or all is lost
    11-04-11 04:05 AM

You still breast feeding Mike and Jim?

j/k

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    rollj83 likes this.
    11-04-11 06:04 AM
    To quote Lisa Simpson:
    Aim low. Aim so low that no one will even care if you succeed.
    Word up

11-04-11 06:58 AM
    Trolls live under bridges.
    erhan8 likes this.
    11-04-11 09:19 AM
    im almost starting to think this whole Playbook idea was mainly to generate phone sales because of the bridge, been a long time now and its hard to believe RIM couldnt at least release native apps that wouldnt require a phone. Still loving my Playbook but i think this was a miscalculated business move and i bet Mike and Jim regret ever putting this thing out.
    11-04-11 08:54 PM
    im almost starting to think this whole Playbook idea was mainly to generate phone sales because of the bridge, been a long time now and its hard to believe RIM couldnt at least release native apps that wouldnt require a phone. Still loving my Playbook but i think this was a miscalculated business move and i bet Mike and Jim regret ever putting this thing out.
    I think you're right about the first part and then it didn't take long to find out that isn't what people wanted so it was back to the drawing board.
    11-04-11 08:59 PM
    You still breast feeding Mike and Jim?

j/k

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    Well, the very insinuation that those two listen to anything in these forums is laughable. They dont listen to their whole consumer base, what makes you think they would read anything in here...

asherwiin likes this.
    11-04-11 10:04 PM
    hope we can get opera browser in appworld soon. that will surely help. and give us tabs (visible tabs as in ios5 or firefox desktop browser) on the browser.
    11-04-11 11:08 PM
    hope we can get opera browser in appworld soon. that will surely help. and give us tabs (visible tabs as in ios5 or firefox desktop browser) on the browser.
    Or the browser on it being optimized with features added. But more browser options wouldn't be a bad thing.
    aha likes this.
    11-05-11 07:40 AM
    Next update is in February 2012. This is confirmed by RIM. Don' full your self. ))
    11-05-11 02:18 PM
    Next update is in February 2012. This is confirmed by RIM. Don' full your self. ))
    Can you show the confirmation? Did they email you something? It is as confirmed as the past updates in 60 days, summer, fall, devcon from what I've read.
    iwky_77 likes this.
    11-05-11 02:51 PM
    Oh I don't! I'm confused, not deluded, but you've painted it brighter than it is.

On the minus side: RIM's official statement merely "expected" the OS2 release to be out during February 2012. An expectation is not a firm promise, and actually has less validity than previous RIM statements (e.g. "60 days" was a direct CEO quote). So, it could easily go the same way (slipping to to the right faster than a greased weasel) as all the other RIM release dates.

To be more positive: In the recent RIM survey, RIM asked if folk would prefer more frequent, minor updates of PB OS. So whilst OS2 remains "expected" in February '12, there is at least the sliver of a shade of a ray of hope that we might see an OS1.1 and even (jaw-droppingly) an OS1.2, .3, .4, etc between now and OS2. Each of which would add a little more and be a step towards OS2.

I guess we'll see if the more positive scenario plays out in the next week or so.

Fingers crossed.
    11-05-11 05:00 PM
128 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD