I have problems to root my Playbook 16GB. Initially it had the OS Version 1.1.0.27246 (retrieved that information using cfp info).

I prepared to dingle it using the method presented in http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...how-do-755178/
    So I performed �cfp load 4869.signed�, and restarted the PB. Within the initial steps of the PB setup the WiFi interface was not available, so I performed �cfp load 6149.signed� and the PB rebooted again. Anyhow the WiFi interface was not available in this second processing of PB�s initial steps so I searched in this forum. There was the recommendation to perform cfp nuke to get the WiFi interface available.

So I performed cfp nuke and I was able to perform the initial steps and WiFi attach in order to start to avoid the upgrade. I successfully performed cfp resetqnxosregion and verified that the correct OS version will be installed using cfp info. After this process the PB was initialized and started with OS 2.0.0.6149 (verified with cfp info and within BB OS).

I tried to dingle it and prepared the PB accordingly (development mode with password, storage access authorization for WiFi and USB). Dingleberry 3.3.3 was not able to roll back the OS version to 4869, as the firmware download did not succeed. Therefore I placed qcfm.os.com.qnx.coreos.qcfm.os.sdk.4869.79475.sign ed.bar in the appropriate custom folder and selected core OS as target. But the firmware rollback had different error results: 2, 4, and 99.
    As this firmware rollback did not succeed I thought I could directly go to 4869 and performed cfp nuke, cfp load 4869.signed, cfp resetqnxosregion according to the description mentioned earlier.

Currently my PB states that it has OS version 2.0.0.4869 (cfp info and within BB OS) and I tried to root it. I tried different versions of Dingleberry (3.3.3, 3.1.0, 3.02, 3.01) no version succeeded to root it. Version 3.3.3 keeps saying Jailbreak Failedand �sh: /tmp/setuigid: cannot execute - no such file or directory found�, other versions end with uploading the dingleberry.bbb.

May I ask you if I did something wrong, was it an error to perform cfp nuke as it limits the PB in that way that it is not rootable anymore. What should I do to root this device?

Thanks for any help
    12-05-12 05:32 AM