hi

Does anyone know where I can download the rom file for playbook 4G model?

there's some language file I need to sideload to my wifi model.

thanks
    06-08-13 09:21 PM
    hi

thanks
    ROM = Read Only Memory. That would be inside the chip that is read only, downloading it if that were possible as most ROM chip manufactures protect their chips so people can't simply download the code wouldn't help you any. Now if you are referring to the OS which is stored in RAM that's a different story.
    06-09-13 07:21 AM
    Sure, ROM is read only memory and actually referring to a hardware chip. However, ROM is nowadays also used to refer to the os image that is flashed into a device's read only memory. That may come from the Android world, e.g., see the popular CyanogenMod which calls itself "Android Community Rom based on Jelly Bean". I don't think they are delivering chips per mail. And judging from the original question, there shouldn't be the need to discuss that.

Whatever, concerning your question. I don't know if you can download a PlayBook OS image. If it's only about platform (ARM, x86) independent language files, you may be able to extract them from the simulator. How to get it on your physical PlayBook device is a question I cannot answer.
    06-09-13 08:15 AM
    Sure, ROM is read only memory and actually referring to a hardware chip. However, ROM is nowadays also used to refer to the os image that is flashed into a device's read only memory. That may come from the Android world, e.g., see the popular CyanogenMod which calls itself "Android Community Rom based on Jelly Bean". I don't think they are delivering chips per mail. And judging from the original question, there shouldn't be the need to discuss that.

Whatever, concerning your question. I don't know if you can download a PlayBook OS image. If it's only about platform (ARM, x86) independent language files, you may be able to extract them from the simulator. How to get it on your physical PlayBook device is a question I cannot answer.
    you are right, it is indeed android terminology.
    06-09-13 09:00 AM
    hi

thanks
    you might wanna ask xshasa the resident playbook guru in these parts
    06-09-13 09:00 AM
    I'm talking about the OS image.
    There's OS image file for playbook wifi model and Blackberry10, so I 'm wondering if anyone knows where or how to download a OS image (rom) for PB 4G
    06-09-13 11:15 PM