RIM gave me what I expected when I purchased my PlayBook on opening day waiting for the store to open at 7am

I use my PlayBook the same today as I did on opening day, it is a BlackBerry support device. It paid for itself the first day of using it since it was a business tool for me, it closed a deal valued at far more than the device cost, sure I probably would have closed it eventually anyway, but the WOW factor of pulling the PlayBook out of my pocket and having all that data at my finger tips made me look like a star.

Today people are less wow'd by the PlayBook, but it still is a great spreadsheet, PDF drawing viewer, and still is nice to use when viewing pictures, and when reading emails that wont require replies.

All RIM owes me, is giving me a product worth buying in the new year, I will buy BB10 devices, and because of how good the PlayBook has been to me, should they release a New PlayBook in 2013 either 7" or 13+" I'll buy it
    rcheung135 likes this.
    08-12-12 05:16 PM
    So you [a buyer] and a retailer [a seller on behalf of RIM] came together in a generally free-marketplace place, and you and the seller reached an agreement on a price for a product. I am just trying to figure this comment out: You as a free individual agreed on a price for a good or service [in this case a good] around April 19, 2011 and just now over 1 year and 3 months later you are coming out to say, in a false claim: "They have not given anything to us ....."

I am rather sure that in exchange for the money you gave the seller they gave you a product...

I conclude: They have given you a PlayBook

I once bought a brand new 2007 Porsche Boxster 987 model the *first day it was available 4-years ago (cost me a little over $80K [USD]), and they just came out with the 981... I demand a that Porsche give me the new 981 now because I was one of their first 987 buyers!!!

Now does that make sense? You sound a little... troll-ish?
    08-12-12 05:42 PM
    Actually with all the "fun" some are having with the .668 update, I'd rather wait and see what happens. Think I'm gonna be a late adopter. But for those who are anxious, I hope you get your wish.
    08-12-12 10:53 PM
    So you [a buyer] and a retailer [a seller on behalf of RIM] came together in a generally free-marketplace place, and you and the seller reached an agreement on a price for a product. I am just trying to figure this comment out: You as a free individual agreed on a price for a good or service [in this case a good] around April 19, 2011 and just now over 1 year and 3 months later you are coming out to say, in a false claim: "They have not given anything to us ....."

I am rather sure that in exchange for the money you gave the seller they gave you a product...

I conclude: They have given you a PlayBook

I once bought a brand new 2007 Porsche Boxster 987 model the *first day it was available 4-years ago (cost me a little over $80K [USD]), and they just came out with the 981... I demand a that Porsche give me the new 981 now because I was one of their first 987 buyers!!!

Now does that make sense? You sound a little... troll-ish?
    There is that word again. Trollish?

I want what they said the PB would be when I puchased yet. To date it is not.

Simple.

Tim
    08-12-12 10:57 PM
    I picked up my PlayBook on launch day as well. Got my PlayBook out of it, which I was a little disappointed in (for well known reasons), but still enjoyed using. It's the price you pay as an early adopter. RIM doesn't owe me or anyone else anything. They do owe it to themselves to do better next time though, because those who bought the PlayBook on day 1, will be a lot more critical of the next RIM product they buy and may not make their next BlackBerry purchase based on brand familiarity alone.

No one forced us to stick with a PlayBook. We all have a choice. A choice to return something within a certain amount of time if it's not what we expected, a choice to buy something else, a choice to support or not support RIM in the future.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-12-12 11:59 PM
    Maybe because without people like me (you know who still buy their products when they are released) this company would be dead as a doornail.
    Not to say it was not worth the 650 i payed for it because i could not live without it
    If they gave you some freebie, you wouldn't be "people like you" any more.
    08-13-12 03:58 PM
    I certainly hope that they give early adopters and all other adopters bb10 eventually. (Fingers crossed)
    08-13-12 04:14 PM
    God I hate the early adopter term.
    08-13-12 06:52 PM
    God I hate the early adopter term.
    How 'bout "pre-price drop adopters?"
    JeepBB likes this.
    08-13-12 08:15 PM
    There is that word again. Trollish?

I want what they said the PB would be when I puchased yet. To date it is not.

Simple.

Tim

LOL. Just read your sig about Thorsten being a troll.
    08-13-12 08:29 PM
    So you're saying that it's somehow your responsibility to help RIM :S They should be helping themselves if you ask me.
    Honestly yes, if I feel that a company that I love is in trouble then I would try to help them out. All im trying to say is that it would be pretty cool if some of us could get bb10 before others, that only decided to get the playbook in the first place because it was a cheap alternative to the ipad, do you disagree?
    08-13-12 09:15 PM
    If they gave you some freebie, you wouldn't be "people like you" any more.
    Uh no, if they gave me some kind of "freebie" the I think there there would be more people like me, who does not like free stuff?
    08-13-12 09:18 PM
    nope. early adopters got their playbooks..... well..... early.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    08-13-12 09:52 PM
    Honestly yes, if I feel that a company that I love is in trouble then I would try to help them out. All im trying to say is that it would be pretty cool if some of us could get bb10 before others, that only decided to get the playbook in the first place because it was a cheap alternative to the ipad, do you disagree?

I here what you're saying. But, unless you know a lot of ppl that want to buy PlayBooks, a warm heart, along with well-wishes are not what RIM needs to be here a few years down the road. It is admirable. My feeling, I care as much about RIM as they care about me and I still love my BlackBerry...... as a consumer. Other than that, we are just numbers that they're hoping will upgrade to the BB10s.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    08-13-12 10:37 PM
    I here what you're saying. But, unless you know a lot of ppl that want to buy PlayBooks, a warm heart, along with well-wishes are not what RIM needs to be here a few years down the road. It is admirable. My feeling, I care as much about RIM as they care about me and I still love my BlackBerry...... as a consumer. Other than that, we are just numbers that they're hoping will upgrade to the BB10s.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    I agree, couldn't have said it better. In the end all we really want is bb 10

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-13-12 10:48 PM
    I know you weren't asking me, but I do disagree. You "helped RIM out"? Good for you. That doesn't change what I said earlier in the thread; if BB10 gets to the point where it is ready for release, there is no good reason not to properly release it. If it isn't ready for release, it shouldn't be released to anyone. All that will happen is reviewers for technology blogs will get hold of it (most of them will have early PBs from reviews), post about how buggy and rubbish it is, and it'll be lots of bad publicity for RIM and BB10.

It would be rather bad publicity for RIM if they DO release it only for "early adopters", it implies RIM don't care about new customers, and shows they are actually punishing people who buy a PB right now. Which is not what they want. RIM are in financial trouble and NEED more sales of phones and PBs. They shouldn't do anything to imply that they are not doing everything they can for new customers.
    08-14-12 11:56 AM
    RIM is in no position to hold anything back.
    08-14-12 06:27 PM
    I know you weren't asking me, but I do disagree. You "helped RIM out"? Good for you. That doesn't change what I said earlier in the thread; if BB10 gets to the point where it is ready for release, there is no good reason not to properly release it. If it isn't ready for release, it shouldn't be released to anyone. All that will happen is reviewers for technology blogs will get hold of it (most of them will have early PBs from reviews), post about how buggy and rubbish it is, and it'll be lots of bad publicity for RIM and BB10.

It would be rather bad publicity for RIM if they DO release it only for "early adopters", it implies RIM don't care about new customers, and shows they are actually punishing people who buy a PB right now. Which is not what they want. RIM are in financial trouble and NEED more sales of phones and PBs. They shouldn't do anything to imply that they are not doing everything they can for new customers.

Sorry but I think you completely misunderstood me

First of all I do not believe at all that rim should give the first buyers of the pb bb10 first, I was just trying to say that it would be COOL, as I believe I had said before (my bad if I did not)

Second lets just get this clear: I DO NOT BLINDLY THROW MONEY AT RIM TO HELP THEM. I was talking originally about my playbook 64 gig that I unfortunately paid full price for but again I have already said I regert nothing about buying it. I did my research before buying and I HAD NO PROBLEM SPENDING FULL PRICE IF It ment helping bb out a bit.

I am not a fool (is that better mods?), I realize me doing this probably would have no affect on rim but the point was that i cared and thought it would be a good thing.

This is what i am trying to say, if you disagree that is your problem not mine. It was a personal decision I made by taking the leap into buying a full priced product, and I felt good about it. If you would not do the same good for you.
    Last edited by Bobert_123; 08-15-12 at 10:31 PM.
    08-14-12 07:24 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD