I'm a Rogers subscriber and used to really enjoy using Rogers OnDemand online to catch up on my HBO shows, etc. Now, the free content on Rogers OnDemand still works, however, with OS2, access to paid content that is part of your subscription, is no longer working. I emailed Rogers to find out what the deal is...

Dear customer,

I am sorry to say that at this time Rogers On Demand Online is not
    supported on the Blackberry/PlayBook devices. Currently the service only
    works with Android and iOS devices.

We apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused to you.

Ouch.....
    02-24-12 05:45 PM
    I had a similar response from Rogers last month when I was trying to get Rogers Live to work on my 9810. It seems rather strange (to me anyway) that they would take this stance when they have apps in App World.
    02-24-12 09:01 PM
    Same goes for me. I've been sending emails complaining about the Rogers Live app and no live hockey on the Playbook. They always send the same old copy and paste msg back to me. One has to ask is BlackBerry being blocked on purpose? Last time I checked there are just as many BB as there are iphones in Canada. Android is third on the list. It makes no sense.
    02-24-12 09:18 PM
    Just wondering why even these Canadian companies are abandoning/neglecting the BB platform.
    I can understand if like NetFlix, Kindle and those US media companies not playing nice with BB.
    02-24-12 09:20 PM
    Even worse, the CBC, paid for by Canadian taxpayers put out an app that only works on iOS. What a joke, abolish the CBC now.
    02-24-12 11:08 PM
    Even worse, the CBC, paid for by Canadian taxpayers put out an app that only works on iOS. What a joke, abolish the CBC now.
    Lil I'm with ya on the abolish part. On the other hand since the Playbook runs flash all you need to do is log on to the CBC website and watch any episode for free. They also stream live hockey night in Canada games. Same goes for CTV. Apple has gone overboard with the whole "There's an app for that". BlackBerry should remind people that there's a website with flash for that. No need to use up all that storage with apps.
    Last edited by VanCity778; 02-24-12 at 11:17 PM.
    02-24-12 11:15 PM
    I can watch Rogers on Demand via the playbook, I have since April with no issues at all. Though to be honest I go to CTV or Global directly most of the time.
    02-25-12 08:33 PM
    I've been experiencing the same error 3321:10100 message with my Playbook in accessing my paid content with Rogers on Demand Online. I'd never had this problem before. It's ironic that this inability to access our paid content on our tablet (which is sold by Rogers) happened at the same time as the rebranding of ROD to Rogers Anyplace TV which wants customers to believe they have more access to Rogers. So, I called Rogers, yet again, and the customer service rep was surprised to learn that ROD is not supported by Blackberry devices- only android and i0s. So, if we can still access the free content, why not the content we actually pay for? This makes absolutely no sense! I'll continue looking for answers.
    kyleheney likes this.
    02-26-12 11:28 AM
    Well I'm watching the leafs V Panthers game on my Playbook. Was watching on my computer's second monitor and have never tried it on my PB. Fired up browser, hit rogersondemand.com logged in and i'm watching the game. I have to tell you I am amazed at the quality of the broadcast, on both the PB and on my computer.

Incredible quality

Screen shot, Torch died best shot I could get, doesn't really show it up but it is amazing quality.

Last edited by chammer101; 03-13-12 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Updates
    03-13-12 08:20 PM
    Has anyone else had any success with Rogers anyplace tv? I've tried it on my Playbook(latest update) and it loads the first page which then disappears.
    05-25-12 10:34 AM
    Rogers on Demand online works fine for me on my PB cbc hockey never loaded tho
    05-28-12 08:52 AM
    That's because the PlayBook doesn't need an app for that.
    05-28-12 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD