Hello all, I'm somewhat new to Blackberry, in that I have always had the phones, but never really used their full features. Now that I have a playbook I am beginning to explore the potential of both.

Although many have hated the lack of some features such as native email and such, I did not see this as a big issue...the phone was a secure network so I could live with it. One.of the things I liked with the pb was the private feature, which I take to mean no numbers, contacts and such are stored on it....I find this a great security feature as a few of my friends have had their tablets stolen. So the question is, under the new OS will this feature be disabled?

On a side note, has anyone asked if viruses can be spread on a playbook? I have friends with iPads and they keep saying they are virus free....but I am wondering about a checker for it......thoughts.
    02-09-12 09:36 AM
    There are currently no known ways for a virus to infect a PlayBook, and the design deliberately attempts to protect against such things in many, many ways.

If you see anything purporting to be a virus checker or similar tool, don't waste your time installing it, and please don't spend a dime on it.
    Barljo likes this.
    02-09-12 10:01 AM
    Hello all, I'm somewhat new to Blackberry, in that I have always had the phones, but never really used their full features. Now that I have a playbook I am beginning to explore the potential of both.

Although many have hated the lack of some features such as native email and such, I did not see this as a big issue...the phone was a secure network so I could live with it. One.of the things I liked with the pb was the private feature, which I take to mean no numbers, contacts and such are stored on it....I find this a great security feature as a few of my friends have had their tablets stolen. So the question is, under the new OS will this feature be disabled?

On a side note, has anyone asked if viruses can be spread on a playbook? I have friends with iPads and they keep saying they are virus free....but I am wondering about a checker for it......thoughts.

Our company is dependent on this feature for security reasons and RIM assured us it would be retained.
    peter9477 likes this.
    02-09-12 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD