You can read the entire article at the below link but here are the interesting quotes:

Research In Motion upgraded at Jefferies - International Business Times

Jefferies & Co. upgraded its rating of BlackBerry maker Research In Motion Ltd. (RIMM) to 'buy' from 'hold' and increased its price target to $80 from $55, saying QNX operating system is the real deal.

"We believe QNX will be a viable platform for carriers and developers and a contender in the operating system (OS) wars. Plus, we believe that international growth will carry RIMM until the new QNX products lauch and that enterprise share loss will likely be slower than the Street fears," said Peter Misek, an analyst at Jefferies.
    Peter Misek said his upgrade is due to: QNX better and earlier than expected, international growth, and enterprise share loss slower than feared.

"The new OS provides a great browsing experience, is scalable so can address low end and high end, is easy to port Android applications to, and is more secure, and requires less bandwidth. Also the transition to QNX will be faster than expected," said Misek.
    Research In Motion is scheduled to report its third quarter earnings on December 16. Jefferies expects shipments tracking at the very high end of the company's 13.8 million to 14.4 million guidance range.

"Bear case on RIMM is that third quarter earnings are near RIMM's peak. Consensus estimates fiscal 2012 EPS only up 3 percent year-over-year followed by a 10 percent decline in fiscal 2013. We do not believe that will be true due to QNX-based product launches in calendar 2011," said Misek.
    With regard to upcoming product launches, Misek said RIM's Playbooks launch likely in February 2011. Misek believes we are not far from a no-tethered Playbook (the first Playbook will be wifi-only but able to tether to other Blackberry devices that have 3G access). Misek expects a about 10-inch version later in 2011.

With regard to phones, Misek said QNX on handsets in labs likely in first quarter and expects 6 touch-screen devices to launch in second half of 2011. Misek had expected a launch of the Storm 3 at Verizon (VZ) this past week, but now believes it is being delayed for QNX.

"We expect Storm 3s with QNX to be in the labs imminently. We believe RIM will design their new QNX platform for handsets in a modular way so that no one supplier can delay the transition. We expect possible new content partnerships with MSOs for TV Anywhere with subscriptions. We expect new content deals with Amazon and others," said Misek.
    11-30-10 09:16 AM
    Waiting on that Storm 3 for sure! Great news and happy to see the encouraging forecasts for RIM's future products.
    11-30-10 09:23 AM
    "The new OS provides a great browsing experience, is scalable so can address low end and high end, is easy to port Android applications to, and is more secure, and requires less bandwidth. Also the transition to QNX will be faster than expected," said Misek."

This will definitely get some Downers looking into their navels soon. And I'm waiting to hear the fits Google is gonna have about porting their apps. Although, if they can make a buck, competing against their own product.....well, it's Google.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-10 09:38 AM
    The analyst also mentions a 10" version of the Playbook and a 6 "touch screen devices" that are coming later next year.

edit -
    With regard to upcoming product launches, Misek said RIM's Playbooks launch likely in February 2011. Misek believes we are not far from a no-tethered Playbook (the first Playbook will be wifi-only but able to tether to other Blackberry devices that have 3G access). Misek expects a about 10-inch version later in 2011.

With regard to phones, Misek said QNX on handsets in labs likely in first quarter and expects 6 touch-screen devices to launch in second half of 2011. Misek had expected a launch of the Storm 3 at Verizon (VZ) this past week, but now believes it is being delayed for QNX.
    Last edited by JohnEnglish; 11-30-10 at 10:47 AM.
    11-30-10 10:03 AM
    The analyst also mentions a 10" version of the Playbook and a 6" "touch screen device" that's coming later next year.

edit -
    No it says six touch screen devices, not a 6"
    11-30-10 10:09 AM
    Storm 3
    Torch Refresh
    Bold with Touch
    Playbook
    Curve with Touch.
    maybe a Pearl touch??

or will be get multiple tablets over 2011?
    11-30-10 10:33 AM
    Oops, you're right.
    11-30-10 10:47 AM
    I'd be happy with one touchscreen phone from RIM right about now. They could've said 10 for all I care. Just give me ONE solid touchscreen with QNX soon and I'm good. I think QNX is gonna be an awesome mobile OS, just the patience waiting for it is becoming brutal with no leaks anymore.
    11-30-10 10:53 AM
    "With regard to phones, Misek said QNX on handsets in labs likely in first quarter and expects 6 touch-screen devices to launch in second half of 2011. Misek had expected a launch of the Storm 3 at Verizon (VZ) this past week, but now believes it is being delayed for QNX."

That would suggest phones maybe released Q2 2011... not bad...
    11-30-10 10:54 AM
    Someone else said something about a touch Pearl in another thread on the rumored device board. It won't let me post the link.

And second half of 2011........ RIM really knows how to make me angry.

10 inch PlayBook? I may wait around for that. I didn't plan on getting the first release of the PlayBook in fear of too many bugs and issues to work out. But RIM may really be trying to give me a reason to wait a while longer. I will toy with the 7 inch when it is released and see......
    11-30-10 10:55 AM
    I'll be waiting for an updated Verizon Bold running qnx. Don't think I can wait until 2H 2011 though.
    11-30-10 11:18 AM
    The fact that android apps can be easily ported sounds exciting. Hopefully we see alot of developers do so.
    11-30-10 11:22 AM
    The fact that android apps can be easily ported sounds exciting. Hopefully we see alot of developers do so.
    Ha, bring on the angry birds!
    11-30-10 11:31 AM
    I was just about to post this.
    Someone On Wall Street Actually Likes RIM!
    11-30-10 12:38 PM
    Re: porting Android apps, I think this was covered here...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f228/wi...ndroid-538617/
    11-30-10 02:46 PM
    Expect the Bears to push the JP Morgan iPad pilot program to put a damper on this upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-10 02:59 PM
    Out of curiosity, why was this moved to "Tablet OS" discussion? I figured since it's discussing the QNX appearing on other RIM devices, including the new Storm 3, that it was better suited for "news".
    11-30-10 03:17 PM
    Out of curiosity, why was this moved to "Tablet OS" discussion? I figured since it's discussing the QNX appearing on other RIM devices, including the new Storm 3, that it was better suited for "news".
    as of Right now QNX is only confirmed for Tablets, so that is why it was moved here I bet.
    11-30-10 04:36 PM
    Yeah this should have stayed where it was. This thread is not specifically about the PlayBook. This was actual NEWS on RIM's future offerings.
    11-30-10 04:59 PM
    Check this video out - QNX in action with a stupid Prius.
    http://fusion.qnx.com/8/21668/qnx_te...minal_mode.mp4
    12-01-10 02:23 AM
    Wow well that would definitely give rim some edge over other manufacturers. It would be sweet to be able to connect my phone like that merely for the music, not to mention internet and nav applications.

I see one of the biggest problems of rim being the learning curve. I notice most smart phone users do not think of their device as a mini-computer, and I think that is the downfall thus far. They do in terms of hardware specs, but the difference there without going on a tangent is that the rim software at least to me seems to be as fast if not fast than the majority of phones out there. I can pull up info faster than friends with I-phone, samsung, my touch, what ever other android platform. The problem is that most people dont seem to know all of the features of the bb and/or are not proficient enough to do os upgrades. I on the otherhand have been using OS6 since it leaked and have been loving it. Of course I have had some glitches but I expected that. What im referring to are the people who have never upgraded and/pr tried but didnt know or didnt back up their data and then get pissed about losing the data.

The one huge gripe I have about rim is the lack of apps or I should say the lack of affordable apps. One app which I would really like, a virtual connection to my home pc, is $30-$50 on my bb, yet my friend was able to get an app for $4.
    12-01-10 09:34 AM
    hopefully this is the case... lack of apps and difficulty for developers on current BB OS is RIM's Achilles' heel...
    12-01-10 10:01 AM
    Let's see, I'm up for my NE2 in December 2011. Looks like good timing for Storm3???
    12-01-10 05:28 PM
    Lets hope so. I wanna see all those people who say Blackberrys are obsolete buy one, just so we can all laugh. I mean how funny would it be if one of the trolls bought a blackberry and would admit they were wrong.
    Last edited by The Legendary; 12-03-10 at 07:56 PM.
    12-03-10 03:22 PM
    I'd be happy with one touchscreen phone from RIM right about now. They could've said 10 for all I care. Just give me ONE solid touchscreen with QNX soon and I'm good. I think QNX is gonna be an awesome mobile OS, just the patience waiting for it is becoming brutal with no leaks anymore.
    Yeah, I'm with you. I only need one. Hmmm. 6?

@CX
    Any folding Blackberries coming to at&t in the near future or after the initial six?
    12-03-10 06:17 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD