1: Since iOS and Android are both Linux based and able to gain SU by accessing the Kernels, and QNX is Kernel based...... in regards to Rooting the Android or Jailbreaking the iOS. I am wondering, and maybe some can point me to the right direction, are their any chances that QNX will be able to allow the users gain SU access and do stuff like over clocking the cpu, Wi-Fi AD-HOC tethering, and 3rd party memory managers, 3rd party ROMs and stuff like that.

2: Since Blackberries have been fairly easy to swap OSs and create hybrids on with little to no real chance of bricking the phone /unless you FUBAR the engineering screens/ i wonder if gaining SU access will mean alot of people will end up bricking their phones. because in my mind i can see a future post that goes something to the degree of "yea i go this" then in 20 mins it will be "oh sh*t, i f)#&%d something up."

and finally

3: if SU access can be granted then will the Verzion and ATT users be able to bypass the software priority codes in the programming and finally be able to use what they want w/o jumping through hoops......
    09-28-10 11:52 AM
    I imagine that if someone wanted to badly enough, it can be done. What we do know is that QNX has made enterprise class operating systems for a long time, used for mission critical applications, such as Airlines, manufacturing, etc... Can it be done, I'm sure, Will it be worth it, maybe not...
    09-28-10 12:37 PM
    I imagine that if someone wanted to badly enough, it can be done. What we do know is that QNX has made enterprise class operating systems for a long time, used for mission critical applications, such as Airlines, manufacturing, etc... Can it be done, I'm sure, Will it be worth it, maybe not...
    Why wouldn't be worth it?

1) AD-HOC tethering would be possible,
    2) AT&T and Verzion users could by pass the program priority that "cripples" the device.
    3) once RIM stops caring about the device, 83xx, 82xx, and 81xx comes to mind, ROM builders could create ROMS to keep them alive, and up to date w/o API requirements.

i just don't see how it wouldn't be worth it.
    09-28-10 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD