I've had my PlayBook for two weeks now...and I can't get App World to sign me in. I have tried 4 times to log in and it says it is "logging in, please wait" but that is it. One of those times I waited for 2 minutes before restarting it. What am I doing wrong?
    12-09-11 08:27 PM
    App world has problems and BB support acknowledges this. I 've been getting error 10000 (credit card problem) since getting my PB 3 weeks ago. No problems anwhere else. I can get the freebies but not one's requiring payment. BB support is hoping this will be corrected with o/s version 2.0. no problem with the Itunes store though......I really hope 2.0 fixes things as on the whole i really like the PB.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-11-11 01:23 PM
    Really, mine works great!
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-11-11 01:34 PM
    I've had my PlayBook for two weeks now...and I can't get App World to sign me in. I have tried 4 times to log in and it says it is "logging in, please wait" but that is it. One of those times I waited for 2 minutes before restarting it. What am I doing wrong?
    I've seen posts about the credit card problem (referenced above), but not your problem. Are you able to log in with the same credentials from a PC?
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-11-11 03:24 PM
    There are reports of people unable to purchase through PayPal in addition to the "error 10000". I am starting to wonder if it might even be tied it specific PB's. BB should have a look at the serial numbers of units having purchasing problems.
    12-11-11 11:44 PM
    I had problems with App World not starting. It had worked for many weeks then, just last week, stopped loading. I called support and was eventually advised to do a full OS reinstall. App World works now but I spent two hours reinstalling the OS and my apps, so it wasn't convenient. Have you already gone down that road?

Dave
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-13-11 03:17 PM
    I am having the same experience I think. Worked great from Day 1! Accepted my credit card no problem, then over the last couple of days all I'm getting is the endless spinning circle of death! If I close it and try another that that requires internet connection no problem, It just seems to be connecting to App World server that is the problem. I thought it might be maintenance being done at RIM so there is less capacity available for connections?
    12-17-11 02:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD