Just wanted to share my experience with the predictive text and get some feedback from other users.

I spent a good part of last night answering emails via the Playbook through bridge, and I have to say that the experience was pretty good overall. The predictive text function is fairly accurate with its suggestions and I found that it definitely improved the speed with which an email can be composed.

I did use BBM to see how it faired there, didn't encounter any problems, found that it made it a lot easier to type in this case as well. My biggest pet peeve is that punctuation still breaks up the flow of writing, but I can get over that.

One improvement which I really would like to see is the inclusion of a smaller symbol on the main keyboard in the corner of each key that indicates what a keypress popup will bring. I think this would go a long way with users, and certainly make it easier for me to punctuate!

Your thoughts?
    01-19-12 10:51 AM
    I really like it.
    I noticed that when you choose a word, it automatically adds a space.
    Also, if you add punctuation, it automatically deletes the space.
    collapsed likes this.
    01-19-12 11:47 AM
    What's cool is predictive text for the foreign language keyboards. Predictive text for Russian is a godsend and having it for French has been really cool too.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    blue-b likes this.
    01-19-12 04:58 PM
    I really like it.
    I noticed that when you choose a word, it automatically adds a space.
    Also, if you add punctuation, it automatically deletes the space.
    It was funny it took me a bit of time to figure out why it kept ending my line, adding a period and then capatalizing when typing.

Key is if you select predictive text it adds a space, so if you accidently press a space it ends the line similar to pressing space space on bb keyboard.

Love how it highlights the word and space bar in blue, when it does this you can simply press the space bar which I find a bit easier.

Really happy so far.
    01-19-12 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD