Overall this build seems pretty solid. However, a couple of the bugs I've noticed:

- When playing flash videos sometimes it causes the browser to crash and the only way to get the browser back is to do a hard reset
    - Sometimes after copying over video files the video player wont recognize the files until I reset the playbook

List any other bugs you've noticed.
    12-22-11 06:58 PM
    I lost my App World icon, but App World still is installed since I get App update notifications
    12-22-11 07:03 PM
    Bridge connects. Shows all normal icons and such. BUT if you go into standby or shut down then turn back on or reboot your playbook the icon at the upper left corner will show up as usual, indicates that there is a BBM or email message with the usual asterisk - so bridge still works - but the icons in the bridge folder will show that bridge is disonnected (exclamation mark)

Also Video Chat is toast.
    12-22-11 07:10 PM
    Suddenly Blackberry ID would not recognize my password - making it impossible to do any purchases. Had to Wipe the device and re-install.
    Restoring my backup brought me back into trouble,
    a new Wipe and only restoring the Apps - and things worked again.. (leaving the old settings far away from the PB)

Keyboard tapping sounds cannot be disabled or muted....

Internet browser sometimes suddenly exits...

Bridged Files are not available....
    12-22-11 08:26 PM
    I don't know if these qualify as os bugs, but no sound on some apps/games such as madden and lets golf completely doesn't function in the new os.
    12-22-11 08:33 PM
    I don't know if these qualify as os bugs, but no sound on some apps/games such as madden and lets golf completely doesn't function in the new os.
    And some apps don't give sound when connected to TV (HDMI)....

No an OS bug, but rather lack of guidlines from RIM when it comes to App dev's, and lack of control in AppWorld that Apps follows the UI guidlines (if exist at all)
    12-22-11 08:36 PM
    Sound issue when playing some games...not sure if this is a 2.0 thing.
    12-22-11 08:54 PM
    media shortcut disapeared.
    12-22-11 09:46 PM
    LOTS of browser crashes.
    12-23-11 12:38 AM
    lots of freezes for about 10-20 secs in the gallery,most often when trying to zoom.
    12-23-11 02:01 AM
    "Bridge Files" app may be missing but you can still get to the files using DocsToGo and tapping browse.
    Also, I don't know if this is new or not (first go at OS2) but I can now play audio files stored on the SDCard in my phone. Simply used DocsToGo, tapped browse, found the file on the media card and tapped open.
    Last edited by TheInspector; 12-23-11 at 02:26 AM.
    12-23-11 02:05 AM
    I've experienced lots of browser crashes and sound issues in games.
    however i took the plunge and did a SECURITY WIPE and re installed the latest beta.

now everything works...except at times my browser crashes when playing flash video - and then I need to do a hard reset for it to come back to life.

Madden works for me on OS 2.

I think alot of bugs can be fixed if ppl do a security wipe.

oh another bug which has been mentioned but ill say it again. On the setting section under Keyboard - its blank.
    12-23-11 10:11 AM
    however i took the plunge and did a SECURITY WIPE and re installed the latest beta.

now everything works...except at times my browser crashes when playing flash video - and then I need to do a hard reset for it to come back to life.

oh another bug which has been mentioned but ill say it again. On the setting section under Keyboard - its blank.
    Not so with the wifi bug, i just did the security wipe and it started to have problem loading the 'Agreement" page after i selected the wifi.
    12-23-11 11:29 AM

i did a security wipe and more of my apps disapeared, i reloaded the old OS and re-upgraded and I still dont have half the apps
    12-23-11 12:38 PM
    i did a security wipe and more of my apps disapeared, i reloaded the old OS and re-upgraded and I still dont have half the apps
    Did you went to the AppWorld and checked the "My world" section ? There you should find anything you ever installed, under any version of PB OS. In fact this should be linked to your PIN and not to the PB or OS version.
    Of course, if you're talking about side-loaded android apps ... this is another problem, and I have not enough knowledge about this to state anything, sry.

Side note from the beta download page : "Note, after installing BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 you will not be able to backup and restore data back to 1.0.x. Apps downloaded or purchased from App World while using BlackBerry OS 2.0 may no longer work on other versions of the PlayBook OS and, not all apps which work on 1.0.x will work on BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0."
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-23-11 at 03:18 PM.
    NightSprinter likes this.
    12-23-11 03:04 PM
    thanks for the reply, but im missing apps that come with the playbook lol my downloaded apps have held up fine. Ive gone into appworld and the missing apps arent there either. Im just going to downgrade after the 24 hours expires.
    12-23-11 03:23 PM
    Sometimes when bring up the Password screen to unlock the PB, the cursor isn't in the password blank so typing doesn't register. I have to click the blank and then type it. Usually seems to occur after a restart.

The wifi is definitely spotty. Often when using the browser, I'll get the Network Error screen with the Try Again button. The button never works. I have to hit the X and then the reload at the end of the address bar.

My Bridge Notification only says: Tap here to log in and open messages. In the official OS, after opening Bridge Messages, tapping on the notification would show me unread Subject Lines.

BTW, I had a problem yesterday that crashed my PB and wiped out the update and all my apps/data. After rebuilding it to the new 2.0 OS, I ran a restore using the backup I did on 1.0.8 before I tried the beta before and it worked.
    12-23-11 03:55 PM
    Are you folks bothering to report these issues to RIM? Just sayin'.

Support forums here:
    BlackBerry� PlayBook

File Issue Reports here:
    BlackBerry - Developer Issue Tracker
    12-24-11 01:20 AM
    The strangest thing happened to my bridge last night i was accessing my emails using bridge (OS 2.0 6149) when all of a sudden the screen began blinking and would not load my emails ..after numerous attempts i deleted bridge and re-installed same issue ..so i have to use http: method which works as a temp fix ( http://localhost:187)..but everything works just fine such as my BBM, Tasks contacts calender etc...I've tried all sorts and i'm not new to blackberry playbook or the Beta OS I think the beta OS2.0 has become corrupted and to fix would mean wiping so i will leave until the next update.
    12-24-11 06:05 AM
    you cant open .apk to .bar converted apps
    12-24-11 04:33 PM
    wow, im seem to he very lucky. i've only had 2-3 browser crashes and everything else is working except a few text entry errors, specificaly with try to place the currsor in the right place if it is ln the top line of text. very flakey. but i am finding this release very stable.. i would like to see the space bar key a bit taller and maybe come up with a red background instead of blue, then the corner of the eye would be enough to see u didnt click b or n instead of a space. at least for me.

as well as functioning spell check and auto correct/suggest.
    12-24-11 04:42 PM
    yup, just finished my downgrade. This is my second time downgrading actually...

I received my PB at 1.0.7.x, I found out about OS2 and upgraded to see what it's about. The Android player was great for some apps, but shaky OS to say the least so I downgraded.
    When A2DP was released in the latest OS2 I upgraded. But now today in particular I got tired of the crashes so I downgraded just a minute ago. You know, can't shut it off, can't turn it on, lockup, browser crashes, Android apps not being compatible - I felt like I was back to my app-testing days with Android, the very reason I don't want Android.

Anyways I still got Angry Birds so it's cool
    12-24-11 10:44 PM
    Got loads of browser crashing, address bar never closes so I downgraded. I hate Android and I don't a more stupid playersucking my PB RAM up!
    12-25-11 03:03 PM
    web crashing, I am too. Docs still not auto correcting. BBNews is very unstable which forced me to use News360 and although that app is amazing, using the browser within it is slow. Flashplayer works but there are times, past the half hour mark, it flickers off. Weird. Because the browser doesn't crash, it just stops.

After all that, I still prefer beta over the 1.07(I cant imagine the .08 being different from it).
    12-27-11 06:26 AM
    1. Bug with BING: whenever I tried to zoom in more (e.g. in order to see "street view"), it zoomed out.
    2. The theme is not as beautiful as OS 1. I would recommend that RIM should allow user to be able to change.
    3. Android player works not very well. The app icons are so tiny (look like on a phone, not a tablet)
    12-27-11 11:42 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD