I converted an android system cleaner today. The temp and history cleaning function works, but the application cleaning part says it needs a root access to do the job.
    So i was thinking ,is it possible to root the android player? it's an individual system right?

One more thing about the android, when I was trying the application cleaning app, it listed almost all of my deleted android apps. I thought I 've deleted them (press the icon and click the bin).But they are still there,at least part of them.What should I do to clean them all?Wipe would be a solution,but I really don't like it...
    05-03-12 09:30 PM
    You can root it but it's pointless because all of the apps that use root only require root to access kernel modules/functions. The kernel, however, is QNX and not Linux as they expect. Also, Android doesn't have root access to the QNX kernel anyway -- so it gives no benefit.
    05-04-12 01:44 AM
    You can root it but it's pointless because all of the apps that use root only require root to access kernel modules/functions. The kernel, however, is QNX and not Linux as they expect. Also, Android doesn't have root access to the QNX kernel anyway -- so it gives no benefit.
    So,if I want to use an android app which needs rooted access ,I will have to root the QNX which is impossible for now,right?

BTW,the system cleaner is working and I do get some free spaces after cleaning the deleted android apps.
    05-04-12 09:49 AM
    Like he said, "Android doesn't have root access to the kernel"
    It is sandboxed basically... I think you can actually login to the android root account because it serves no risk what so ever to the rest of the os...
    05-04-12 09:58 AM
    So,if I want to use an android app which needs rooted access ,I will have to root the QNX which is impossible for now,right?

BTW,the system cleaner is working and I do get some free spaces after cleaning the deleted android apps.
    Even with root, having root with Android was useless (I tried and thought of the various apps). It is still sandboxed and can do nothing useful. It can only do things within its own sandbox (which usually don't require root anyway).
    05-04-12 10:50 AM
    interesting thread . . . .

how will one bypass this requirement of having root access if using a sideloaded android app that requires root access?

thanks for the reply
    10-09-13 05:05 AM
    interesting thread . . . .

how will one bypass this requirement of having root access if using a sideloaded android app that requires root access?

thanks for the reply
    You can't, such apps won't work.
    10-09-13 07:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD