without giving a date, they pretty much are free to release any time in feb, who would want to be locked to a specific date?...it makes sense coming from them, theyve had endless problems with not meeting deadlines...the simple solution seems to be: dont set a deadline at all, or be vague as you can be.
    i seriously doubt thats because they arent meeting deadline they arent saying the date.
    02-14-12 04:41 PM
    What?!? That means the release date of OS2 is... oh wait, mine isn't updating yet ( says I have the current version, so maybe the mac version of the DM is slower to release?)... I guess I will hold off on declaring the date. I would declare it now, but I have to plug in specific calculations based on time and also it isn't quite night here, so I can't see where the stars are aligned to. Speculation keeps me occupied, another reason I like it
    Don't wait! PlayBook can fix that:

Buy What's up - Download What's up - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

Seriously, tho, awesome app.
    BerryClever likes this.
    02-14-12 04:45 PM
    i seriously doubt thats because they arent meeting deadline they arent saying the date.
    if you were criticized all year for being late on dates would you want to put one more out there for people to watch like a hawk, id keep it quiet as possible. jus my opinion though
    02-14-12 04:49 PM
    I am now waiting for OS3. OS2 is already past.
    02-14-12 04:54 PM
    its like what i said in my rant back on jan 31st. it will get here when it gets here. DM 7 just dropped. next should be the Bridge update. we're closer to launch.
    02-14-12 04:54 PM
    They probably are meeting deadlines, however they could be adding some protection to themselves. If they said Feb 14th it will be out (picking it because today is Feb 14), right now some people would be up in arms that it is the end of the day and it is still not out, even if they are planning it for an hour from now. Suddenly people are upset with RIM all over again. Or what if there is a problem with the servers or something pushing it out. They maybe able to fix it today and push it out tomorrow, but people would again be up in arms, "they missed the release date again".

Of course they wouldn't have to be protecting themselves from people over reacting if they didn't make all those mistakes leading up to this (newest) release date. It should be more difficult to miss a release if they set the release date to anytime within a whole month.
    erodenero likes this.
    02-14-12 04:55 PM
    They probably are meeting deadlines, however they could be adding some protection to themselves. If they said Feb 14th it will be out (picking it because today is Feb 14), right now some people would be up in arms that it is the end of the day and it is still not out, even if they are planning it for an hour from now. Suddenly people are upset with RIM all over again. Or what if there is a problem with the servers or something pushing it out. They maybe able to fix it today and push it out tomorrow, but people would again be up in arms, "they missed the release date again".

Of course they wouldn't have to be protecting themselves from people over reacting if they didn't make all those mistakes leading up to this (newest) release date. It should be more difficult to miss a release if they set the release date to anytime within a whole month.
    agreed, if they arent releasing a date its probably to give them some breathing room incase something does go wrong with the push as they can definitely cannot have people going nuts if they cant get the update. they cant afford anymore bad press, ive had enough im sure they have too.
    02-14-12 05:11 PM
    lol maybe its just because they cant handle so much traffic dm is out and i cant even get to download the update right now page wont load.
    02-14-12 05:16 PM
    lol if they are that backed up with dm imagine the frenzy that the actual update will cause. i dont even use dm im pretty sure theres a couple people like me out there, but we ALL want our update....it will be insanity
    02-14-12 06:13 PM
    can you imagine the field day bgr is going to have when the supposed release doesnt pan out for the 17th, and this is fault of who?
    I want 2.0 asap but I kind of hope in a way it doesn't come out on the 17th. It'd be just another example of BGR posting something that turns out not to be true.
    02-14-12 06:21 PM
    i want 2.0 asap but i kind of hope in a way it doesn't come out on the 17th. It'd be just another example of bgr posting something that turns out not to be true.
    +100000000
    02-14-12 06:30 PM
    dammit i've been pulled into the speculation again!! damn you 2.0! jus come out already and shut us all up for a month or so
    02-14-12 08:08 PM
    Theres just as many stop the speculation threads as there are speculation threads... well maybe not but big whoop.
    Leaning toward the obvious 21st, if not than the 28th. Has to be a tuesday! ><
    02-14-12 08:19 PM
    I totally agree. I am sick of all this guessing that is going on. How many threads are there that say nothing. There isn't a published date and all this guessing is just annoying.
    02-14-12 08:42 PM
    I just got off the phone with a shopblackberry.com supervisor (well he could have been anyone), but after I told him I was dissappointed about my 64GB Playbook being DOA, we started talking, I asked him about the new OS 2.0 and if it would be taking up much more room on my 16GB Playbook. I then asked when will that OS be out, he said on the 21st. I know we shouldnt speculate on anything. But just like you and everyone else...we will only know when it hits and everyone will be overloading the servers trying to get it first.....lol
    02-14-12 09:27 PM
    Stopping speculative threads is not going to stop bad Press. Even if OS2 is phenomenal people and press will still find things to point out. Ie. But were is the BBM? Still no skype! Etc. Rim is in a dogfight and they do need to prove themselves. That's the position they put themselves in. I want rim to succeed but until they show and prove (BB10) there is gonna be negative press with or without a speculative OS2 release thread.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    Maybe Rim needs to do something before 2.0 release, say gather a press conference, say something bad about skype, just like what apple did to adobe flash, in this case when 2.0 finally comes out, press will have one blame less.
    PS: is there really that many people use skype anyway? i found it quite expensive, i've been using voipdiscount and love it, and I really think it will be much better if RIM can come up with an app that allows you to put in your account details for different voip services yourself (like IM+ in instant messaging) than just begging for skype's support.
    02-14-12 10:07 PM
    I didn't realize people had to pay to use skype. How much is it to use?
    02-14-12 11:00 PM
    just like the title says, ive gone on a rant about this previously, it doesnt help anyone speculating dates that inturn will not come true. All it does is put more ammunition into the media's hands to use against playbook. They said feb, nothing else, leave it at that until you see an update available. can you imagine the field day bgr is going to have when the supposed release doesnt pan out for the 17th, and this is fault of who?...unfortunately our overwhelming excitement is going to ruin any chance we have of having a non biased story coming out in the news about the pb. Now keep in mind, im not trying to ruin the fun, im excited on this release too as most of us are, but lets let it be all it can be without being shot down by negative press.
    Thanks
    *nods sagely*

Cool post! So anyway, what's everyone's guess on what the date will be?

02-15-12 07:49 AM
    you can all go to sleep till the 21... ill secretly be downloading it TOMOORRRRROW WOOT!!!
    jk
    02-15-12 08:07 AM
    I didn't realize people had to pay to use skype. How much is it to use?
    from what i remember you pay for skype to telephone, not skype to skype.
    02-15-12 08:39 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD