Stack charging works! My 32G playbook died on me and wouldn't charge. I was freaking. Took two tries before it finally took but I literally timed the stacks. 2 minutes on the wall charger, two minutes off for a total of 6 times. Here is the kicker with stack charging, once it starts to charge with the red led then the 3 flashing green leds leave it charge for a minimum of 2 hours. DON'T try to turn it on. I did this very thing and after the 2 hours she booted and was sitting at 25%, it then went to quick charge and was at 100% within an hour. I've also had to do this with my 64G as I bought it used and it was stone dead when I got it. Two different PB's and both revived using the stack method. Also spend the cash and get the rapid charger that uses the mag connection like Apple. It's worth it's weight in PB's!
    06-15-12 05:23 PM
    I left mine sit a day and a half and it only lost a couple percent. Wifi on but nothing open.
    06-15-12 06:58 PM
    Just had my playbook die with I assume a flat battery getting a red LED flash of 1 flash then 4 flashes, tryed all the attempts to recover but nothing seems to get her back to life.

DM does not show as connected so cant debrick unit.

06-15-12 11:04 PM
    Locked, bricked

I was told about "stack" charging, 6 cycles of charge no charge, for 2 minutes each, charging for never more than 2 minutes.

Plug the PB in with the factory charging cable (red light comes on for a several seconds, then goes off). Wait about 10 more seconds. Unplug PB for about 30 seconds.

Repeat n times.

n == 6 for me. Finally my PB light switched to green, then began to oscillate, signalling charging. After a few more minutes my PB came back to life.

You might want to UNplug/Replug at the wall/socket end to avoid using or damaging the weaker usb port on the pb itself.

Just talked to tech support, because i'm impatient sometimes. Here is the initial process they gave me to try.

Plug in the charger for 2 mins, unplug for 10 sec -> Repeat 6 to 8 times

Then while unplugged perform the Hard reset (POWER, VOL + and - at the same time) . **When the red light comes on PLUG IN THE CHARGER**

The playbook is supposed to then start charging/boot.

Some have now found a shorter sequence works:

Oh man I fixed it. I stack charged it! But not for 2 minutes.

Every time my PB red signal goes off I removed the connection from the wall charger and placed it back within a second. I repeated it for almost 25-30 times and all in the

sudden a big charger button showed up on the screen and a green light on the charging LED. I left th e power connection for 2 more hrs and started using it.
    mapsonburt and bearfan85 like this.
    06-16-12 09:58 AM
    So tried all the attempts posted and still the same Phoned Customer service who I have to say were excellent tried many different things but still no go, so its going back on a RTA to be repaired.

Thanks
    06-17-12 10:10 PM
    I spent about 2 hours reading websites, forums and youtube vids. I *think* what finaly worked was plugging it in and then unplugging as soon as the red light came on. I did a few cycles of that and then paused with it plugged in. In a few seconds the red light changed to the glowing yellow charge light. It took 4-5 hours to fully charge.
    BTW, do NOT try to take the back off unless you know what you're doing and have the right tools. I cracked my case.
    I will be accepting my dumb *ss award now.
    06-19-12 10:04 PM
    Hi All
    FINALLY got my dead playbook to accept charge, I was receiving blinking red light, after connecting to DM and updating the PB I was receiving blinking red light (15 second) and five green blinks then nothing, tried all permutation nothing worked! Finally decided to try this:
    1-Connected the PB charger to a surge protecter outlet
    2-turn off the outlet
    3-turn it on and immediately hold the power button on PB, kept it pressed until red light went off, then release the button
    4-left the PB on charger for about 20 minutes
    5- turn off the outlet and turn it on again (recycle the power)

Red light came back for about 10 seconds then went off, after a minute or so charging logo appeared, volla! its charging now.

A word of advice for folks at RIM, I do mobile development and strategy for big guys, if you are serious for staying in this business you need to do A LOT better than this, I've worked for your biggest competitor (a while ago) and honestly a fiasco like this would get you (starting with your product manager) fired almost instantly (no matter how long you've been with the firm). I think Playbook has a lot of potential but you need to put customer experience FRONT and CENTRE!
    nofiz likes this.
    06-19-12 10:56 PM
    my pb just died...
    a few hours ago, there is still a red led showing while I'm plug in the wall charger
    after I try a few stack charging (refer to this forum), now even the red led was gone..
    now I dont see anything after i plug in my wall charger..
    please helppp...
    06-20-12 04:39 AM
    my pb just died...
    a few hours ago, there is still a red led showing while I'm plug in the wall charger
    after I try a few stack charging (refer to this forum), now even the red led was gone..
    now I dont see anything after i plug in my wall charger..
    please helppp...
    Enter a dark closet and check that the screen is really off/black. Press and HOLD the power button. Any signs of life (the red led is not immediate).

Try the shorter stack charge. Do it at the wall (to avoid stress on the usb port): Plug in, red light, unplug, plug in/red light, unplug. Do repeatedly. Someone suggested up to 25 or more times.
    06-20-12 03:07 PM
    TIPS FOR DEAD BATTERY ISSUE:

I have had similar experience a few times now after drained battery. ALWAYS been able to get my Playbook back following these tips! Don't PANIC! Don't call RIM! Don't screw things up more by doing the wrong thing! Try these FIRST:

1. DO NOT connect Playbook to Computer

- Won't help, USB power source is weaker than wall plug source
    - Computer won't be able to talk to a battery-depleted Playbook
    - Waste of time and frustration, no need to "reload OS"
    - You DO NOT need to "wipe", waste of time! Has NOTHING to do with it.

2. Try NOT to let your Playbook Battery deplete

- Prevention is the best strategy
    - Plug in when 10-15% charge remaining***
    - Any lower and Playbook may automatically SHUT DOWN

***NOTE: When you try and plug in to charge (wall socket NOT usb), you may notice the "charge icon" lightning bold not appearing!!!! So your battery will still deplete even when charged into the wall. You MUST MAKE SURE that the "lightning bolt" appears on your battery indicator, showing that it is indeed CHARGING. If it does not appear, plug your wall charger in and out a few times, or wiggle it. Wait and look, may take 10-20 seconds for charging icon to appear. If not, try again.

I have noticed that the "flip plug" type wall charger (the one with the swiveling 2 prongs) may have a poor contact, as the prongs swivel into position and then contact the base contacts inside the transformer. When you "wiggle" the plug in your socket (bending the prongs) you may hear a crackling noise, and at night you will even see some SPARKS showing when the swiveling prongs touch the internal contacts. This may be part of the problem.

Also, BE PATIENT... It may take a few seconds to indicate the "lightning bolt" on the battery symbol to show it is charging. It does not always show this immediately. Or it may show for a second, then disappear. You MUST make sure it is showing, then you can put your Playbook on Standby mode... Don't touch anything! You can periodically check by tapping your screen and seeing if battery charge is going up and the lightning symbol is showing. I do this at night, just leave my Playbook on standby overnight and charging.

3. If you Battery is DEAD and won't charge...

- DO NOT PLUG it into your computer (see #1 above)
    - DO PLUG it into the wall charger a few minutes, then UNPLUG...
    - Do the "reset" either hold Power only,
    or Power+Volume Up+Volume Down for 10-15 seconds (while not plugged in)
    - Plug into wall charger again, see if charges. If not, unplug, let it sit a few minutes
    - Then plug in again, and repeat previous 2 steps.
    - You may get NO blink at all, or Red Blink with 5 Flashing Green... Keep repeating.
    - Eventually will show Red blink for a long time, then green/orange showing charge.
    - Avoid booting up Playbook for a few minutes as it will draw power again...
    Let it charge. After some time you can boot up and then let it sit in
    standby while charging.

4. Finally, AVOID this whole mess by following step #2 above.

- But if you forget, and your Playbook does drain, you CAN bring it back
    - No need to PANIC
    - No need to call RIM

I am convinced that this is a battery reserve software issue, and that perhaps a future SOFTWARE UPDATE will increase the threshold battery level at which the Playbook automatically powers down, to avoid this problem (so we don't have to think about it). For example, remember I suggest recharging at 15%? Well if RIM simply makes the "low battery automatic shutoff" to work at 15% instead of 10% or 5%, then your battery level will never go so low that it will enter this deep sleep cycle, preventing it altogether.

However, that means the "working time" for the Playbook will appear to be less hours because you are using it from 100% down to 15%, instead of 100% down to 5% (that extra 15% down to 5% level may add another hour of light use, beefing up the specs on battery life).

As far as the wall-charger goes, not sure about the situation there, and why the "lightning bolt" doesn't always show when you plug in. Still have to test this out and see if it happens consistently, or only when my battery is <15%. Once again, I believe it is likely a software issue, since my wall plug adapter seems to charge everything else perfectly fine, whether I "wiggle it" or not.
    Please make this a sticky
    06-20-12 11:04 PM
    Enter a dark closet and check that the screen is really off/black. Press and HOLD the power button. Any signs of life (the red led is not immediate).

Try the shorter stack charge. Do it at the wall (to avoid stress on the usb port): Plug in, red light, unplug, plug in/red light, unplug. Do repeatedly. Someone suggested up to 25 or more times.
    the screen was totally off, and the red led wont start even I have plug in the wall..
    how to I do the stack charge if the led wont led..
    is there a trick to make the led going on?
    06-20-12 11:21 PM
    the screen was totally off, and the red led wont start even I have plug in the wall..
    how to I do the stack charge if the led wont led..
    is there a trick to make the led going on?
    Was there any kind of repeated cycle with the led? Such as two blinks then a 5 second pause or something? I had the same issue and when I plugged it in to DM via usb and automatically get a screen to install the new OS.. So see if you can manage to get it to connect to your computer, in my experience stack charging didn't work. Also if you can get your hands on Cfp then you might have a chance with the command (cfp info), because if im correct this reboots you playbook.. Good Luck
    06-20-12 11:58 PM
    Was there any kind of repeated cycle with the led? Such as two blinks then a 5 second pause or something? I had the same issue and when I plugged it in to DM via usb and automatically get a screen to install the new OS.. So see if you can manage to get it to connect to your computer, in my experience stack charging didn't work. Also if you can get your hands on Cfp then you might have a chance with the command (cfp info), because if im correct this reboots you playbook.. Good Luck
    unfortunately there is no sign of my pb is alive..
    both plug into the wall socket or usb cable is nothing happened
    06-21-12 05:29 AM
    There are a few solutions and some are mentioned above. SO try the things I am mentioning below.... Let me know if it works .

Problem Scenario: 1. Blackberry wont boot or turn on, on pressing the power button, the red light stays for a few seconds and does not turn on 2. Sometimes you will see the red light followed by a green/ yellow light that blinks 5 times and does not turn on.

Reason: The main reason why both of the above things happen is because the battery is completely drained out, you could call it " Flat out". The problem with playbook is that the playbook wont charge if the playbook is Flat out drained. whereas other tablets or cellphones does....Playbook has to fix that issue. Meanwhile we do have a solution to go around that problem and that requires some patience. Some of the solutions mentioned in the previous comments indicate to charge it via computer.... "It doesn`t work" not if the battery is drained out flat.... so dont even bother trying it if u see the above mentioned problem.

Solution: try this step by step and this are 3 different solutions so one of this would definitely work. 1. Press the Power button and you will see the Playbook Logo ( chances for this are low ) 2. Press the power button and the volume together, if there is 1 % charge left there is a chance that it would boot on, when you see the logo, immediately charge the playbook ( chances are medium ) 3. This solution requires patience. plug the charger into the socket and plug the USB into the playbook, the red light stays for 8-10 secs. Remove the USb from the playbook wait for 2 to 5 sec and replug the usb back to the charger and wait till that red light comes and goes again. repeat this step atleast 20-30 times. you might be asking why? the only power that the playbook gets is when that red light is on when plugging the usb into the playbook, once that light goes the playbook is not charging.. so what you are doing here is forcing the playbook to get charged for 8 sec every time u plug it to the playbook....this way the playbook gets that power needed to boot. Once the Playbook has that power to boot. The red light stays and changes to green but this time it blinks slowly and keeps blinking. you would also see the playbook logo return.... this green light keeps blinking until there is enough charge for the playbook to stand on its own and then changes to a solid red until it gets fully charged. Hope this helps, I had to explain to you guy what the cause was and how it is overcome..... so let me know
    06-22-12 01:53 PM
    There are a few solutions and some are mentioned above. SO try the things I am mentioning below.... Let me know if it works .

Problem Scenario: 1. Blackberry wont boot or turn on, on pressing the power button, the red light stays for a few seconds and does not turn on 2. Sometimes you will see the red light followed by a green/ yellow light that blinks 5 times and does not turn on.

Reason: The main reason why both of the above things happen is because the battery is completely drained out, you could call it " Flat out". The problem with playbook is that the playbook wont charge if the playbook is Flat out drained. whereas other tablets or cellphones does....Playbook has to fix that issue. Meanwhile we do have a solution to go around that problem and that requires some patience. Some of the solutions mentioned in the previous comments indicate to charge it via computer.... "It doesn`t work" not if the battery is drained out flat.... so dont even bother trying it if u see the above mentioned problem.

Solution: try this step by step and this are 3 different solutions so one of this would definitely work. 1. Press the Power button and you will see the Playbook Logo ( chances for this are low ) 2. Press the power button and the volume together, if there is 1 % charge left there is a chance that it would boot on, when you see the logo, immediately charge the playbook ( chances are medium ) 3. This solution requires patience. plug the charger into the socket and plug the USB into the playbook, the red light stays for 8-10 secs. Remove the USb from the playbook wait for 2 to 5 sec and replug the usb back to the charger and wait till that red light comes and goes again. repeat this step atleast 20-30 times. you might be asking why? the only power that the playbook gets is when that red light is on when plugging the usb into the playbook, once that light goes the playbook is not charging.. so what you are doing here is forcing the playbook to get charged for 8 sec every time u plug it to the playbook....this way the playbook gets that power needed to boot. Once the Playbook has that power to boot. The red light stays and changes to green but this time it blinks slowly and keeps blinking. you would also see the playbook logo return.... this green light keeps blinking until there is enough charge for the playbook to stand on its own and then changes to a solid red until it gets fully charged. Hope this helps, I had to explain to you guy what the cause was and how it is overcome..... so let me know
    06-22-12 01:55 PM

AudB likes this.
    06-22-12 01:56 PM
    This worked magic for me....I was about to give up because it took more than 50 times unplugging and plugging the USB back and forth, then I seen the battery logo and the slow blinking green light.....

BB really needs to fix this. In addition there should be a sticky thread about this cause it seems pretty frequent.

THANKS AGAIN
    06-26-12 09:43 PM
    I had the same problem but I brought my PB back to life. Now it is charging.
    06-30-12 05:30 AM
    TIPS FOR DEAD BATTERY ISSUE:

I have had similar experience a few times now after drained battery. ALWAYS been able to get my Playbook back following these tips! Don't PANIC! Don't call RIM! Don't screw things up more by doing the wrong thing! Try these FIRST:

1. DO NOT connect Playbook to Computer

- Won't help, USB power source is weaker than wall plug source
    - Computer won't be able to talk to a battery-depleted Playbook
    - Waste of time and frustration, no need to "reload OS"
    - You DO NOT need to "wipe", waste of time! Has NOTHING to do with it.

2. Try NOT to let your Playbook Battery deplete

- Prevention is the best strategy
    - Plug in when 10-15% charge remaining***
    - Any lower and Playbook may automatically SHUT DOWN

***NOTE: When you try and plug in to charge (wall socket NOT usb), you may notice the "charge icon" lightning bold not appearing!!!! So your battery will still deplete even when charged into the wall. You MUST MAKE SURE that the "lightning bolt" appears on your battery indicator, showing that it is indeed CHARGING. If it does not appear, plug your wall charger in and out a few times, or wiggle it. Wait and look, may take 10-20 seconds for charging icon to appear. If not, try again.

I have noticed that the "flip plug" type wall charger (the one with the swiveling 2 prongs) may have a poor contact, as the prongs swivel into position and then contact the base contacts inside the transformer. When you "wiggle" the plug in your socket (bending the prongs) you may hear a crackling noise, and at night you will even see some SPARKS showing when the swiveling prongs touch the internal contacts. This may be part of the problem.

Also, BE PATIENT... It may take a few seconds to indicate the "lightning bolt" on the battery symbol to show it is charging. It does not always show this immediately. Or it may show for a second, then disappear. You MUST make sure it is showing, then you can put your Playbook on Standby mode... Don't touch anything! You can periodically check by tapping your screen and seeing if battery charge is going up and the lightning symbol is showing. I do this at night, just leave my Playbook on standby overnight and charging.

3. If you Battery is DEAD and won't charge...

- DO NOT PLUG it into your computer (see #1 above)
    - DO PLUG it into the wall charger a few minutes, then UNPLUG...
    - Do the "reset" either hold Power only,
    or Power+Volume Up+Volume Down for 10-15 seconds (while not plugged in)
    - Plug into wall charger again, see if charges. If not, unplug, let it sit a few minutes
    - Then plug in again, and repeat previous 2 steps.
    - You may get NO blink at all, or Red Blink with 5 Flashing Green... Keep repeating.
    - Eventually will show Red blink for a long time, then green/orange showing charge.
    - Avoid booting up Playbook for a few minutes as it will draw power again...
    Let it charge. After some time you can boot up and then let it sit in
    standby while charging.

4. Finally, AVOID this whole mess by following step #2 above.

- But if you forget, and your Playbook does drain, you CAN bring it back
    - No need to PANIC
    - No need to call RIM

I am convinced that this is a battery reserve software issue, and that perhaps a future SOFTWARE UPDATE will increase the threshold battery level at which the Playbook automatically powers down, to avoid this problem (so we don't have to think about it). For example, remember I suggest recharging at 15%? Well if RIM simply makes the "low battery automatic shutoff" to work at 15% instead of 10% or 5%, then your battery level will never go so low that it will enter this deep sleep cycle, preventing it altogether.

However, that means the "working time" for the Playbook will appear to be less hours because you are using it from 100% down to 15%, instead of 100% down to 5% (that extra 15% down to 5% level may add another hour of light use, beefing up the specs on battery life).

As far as the wall-charger goes, not sure about the situation there, and why the "lightning bolt" doesn't always show when you plug in. Still have to test this out and see if it happens consistently, or only when my battery is <15%. Once again, I believe it is likely a software issue, since my wall plug adapter seems to charge everything else perfectly fine, whether I "wiggle it" or not.
    I have been trying stack charging for almost a day now and there is still no result. The problem with my PB is that there is no red LED whenever I plug in my rapid charger. There was the LED a couple of days ago but I didn't have my rapid charger and I wasn't sure if my USB charger really worked. Any advice?
    07-03-12 10:17 AM
    Make sure that your pb is really off - take it into a dark closet or room and make sure the screen is actually BLACK and not slightly backlit. If not black press and hold power button until it goes dark.

Find a charger that you know works. Try it on a phone or other usb device to see if it charges.

Someone mentioned that they could Stack charge using the rapid charger.

Then try these various Stack charging ideas and then call support

I was told about "stack" charging, 6 cycles of charge no charge, for 2 minutes each, charging for never more than 2 minutes.

Plug the PB in with the factory charging cable (red light comes on for a several seconds, then goes off). Wait about 10 more seconds. Unplug PB for about 30 seconds.

Repeat n times.

n == 6 for me. Finally my PB light switched to green, then began to oscillate, signalling charging. After a few more minutes my PB came back to life.

You might want to UNplug/Replug at the wall/socket end to avoid using or damaging the weaker usb port on the pb itself.

Just talked to tech support, because i'm impatient sometimes. Here is the initial process they gave me to try.

Then while unplugged perform the Hard reset (POWER, VOL + and - at the same time) . **When the red light comes on PLUG IN THE CHARGER**

Every time my PB red signal goes off I removed the connection from the wall charger and placed it back within a second. I repeated it for almost 25-30 times and all in the sudden a big charger button showed up on the screen and a green light on the charging LED. I left th e power connection for 2 more hrs and started using it.
    And another posting that might help....

Solution: try this step by step and this are 3 different solutions so one of this would definitely work. 1. Press the Power button and you will see the Playbook Logo ( chances for this are low ) 2. Press the power button and the volume together, if there is 1 % charge left there is a chance that it would boot on, when you see the logo, immediately charge the playbook ( chances are medium ) 3. This solution requires patience. plug the charger into the socket and plug the USB into the playbook, the red light stays for 8-10 secs. Remove the USb from the playbook wait for 2 to 5 sec and replug the usb back to the charger and wait till that red light comes and goes again. repeat this step atleast 20-30 times. you might be asking why? the only power that the playbook gets is when that red light is on when plugging the usb into the playbook, once that light goes the playbook is not charging.. so what you are doing here is forcing the playbook to get charged for 8 sec every time u plug it to the playbook....this way the playbook gets that power needed to boot. Once the Playbook has that power to boot. The red light stays and changes to green but this time it blinks slowly and keeps blinking. you would also see the playbook logo return.... this green light keeps blinking until there is enough charge for the playbook to stand on its own and then changes to a solid red until it gets fully charged.

Knowledge Base Article

KB27705-BlackBerry PlayBook Power - Battery charge and discharge characteristics

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected] (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    07-03-12 11:36 AM
    F2 I see your doc has grown! Thanks for the help you give everyone.
    07-03-12 11:40 AM
    Make sure that your pb is really off - take it into a dark closet or room and make sure the screen is actually BLACK and not slightly backlit. If not black press and hold power button until it goes dark.

Find a charger that you know works. Try it on a phone or other usb device to see if it charges.

Someone mentioned that they could Stack charge using the rapid charger.

Then try these various Stack charging ideas and then call support

Repeat n times.

Every time my PB red signal goes off I removed the connection from the wall charger and placed it back within a second. I repeated it for almost 25-30 times and all in the sudden a big charger button showed up on the screen and a green light on the charging LED. I left th e power connection for 2 more hrs and started using it.
    And another posting that might help....

Solution: try this step by step and this are 3 different solutions so one of this would definitely work. 1. Press the Power button and you will see the Playbook Logo ( chances for this are low ) 2. Press the power button and the volume together, if there is 1 % charge left there is a chance that it would boot on, when you see the logo, immediately charge the playbook ( chances are medium ) 3. This solution requires patience. plug the charger into the socket and plug the USB into the playbook, the red light stays for 8-10 secs. Remove the USb from the playbook wait for 2 to 5 sec and replug the usb back to the charger and wait till that red light comes and goes again. repeat this step atleast 20-30 times. you might be asking why? the only power that the playbook gets is when that red light is on when plugging the usb into the playbook, once that light goes the playbook is not charging.. so what you are doing here is forcing the playbook to get charged for 8 sec every time u plug it to the playbook....this way the playbook gets that power needed to boot. Once the Playbook has that power to boot. The red light stays and changes to green but this time it blinks slowly and keeps blinking. you would also see the playbook logo return.... this green light keeps blinking until there is enough charge for the playbook to stand on its own and then changes to a solid red until it gets fully charged.

Knowledge Base Article

KB27705-BlackBerry PlayBook Power - Battery charge and discharge characteristics

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Email: [email protected] (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

Playbook French Support
    I have tried plugging in the charger and there is no red LED coming on so do I continue to stack charge until there is a LED?
    07-03-12 09:10 PM
    my playbook discharged although i plugged in the charger and left it overnight. now it does start, when plugged in i get a red light, a battery sign with a lightening bolt and a steady green blinking light. i have read that this is suppose to be a good sign, my question is how long is it supposed to remain this way before it powers on. it been charging for 3 hours now with no change. if i press the power button it shows the battery with the lightening bolt sign.

how much longer does this need to charge, or is there another problem. i do not have another charger and i am unable to afford one. i live in the Caribbean i with would take weeks to receive a new charger. The charger it came with, works with my BB phone.
    07-08-12 04:12 AM
    I have tried plugging in the charger and there is no red LED coming on so do I continue to stack charge until there is a LED?
    A red led should turn on briefly and then dim. If you don't see it, I'm not sure what is or is not happening.

Press and hold the POWER button. You might take it into a dark closet and make sure it is really OFF - no residual light or gray looking screen.

Rim Support
    Tel:

Playbook French Support
    07-08-12 09:02 AM
    my playbook discharged although i plugged in the charger and left it overnight. now it does start, when plugged in i get a red light, a battery sign with a lightening bolt and a steady green blinking light. i have read that this is suppose to be a good sign, my question is how long is it supposed to remain this way before it powers on. it been charging for 3 hours now with no change. if i press the power button it shows the battery with the lightening bolt sign.

how much longer does this need to charge, or is there another problem. i do not have another charger and i am unable to afford one. i live in the Caribbean i with would take weeks to receive a new charger. The charger it came with, works with my BB phone.
    Leave it a bit longer. Try pressing and HOLDing the power on button for 15 or so seconds.

If it fails to start after a few more hours, you might have a problem.

Rim Support
    Tel:

Playbook French Support
    07-08-12 09:04 AM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD